Dyno: 2005 G35X Stock / Ztube-tune / Kinectix Plenum

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-25-2013, 09:58 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I'm at about 240hp and 220ftlb on my X with 5/16 spacer, HFC, Tanabe Medallion. I tuned before and after the HFC and lost 3hp top end. I did gain a good amount (10hp) midrange through the curve. I'm pretty satisfied with those numbers. I was at 220/209 stock. Was thinking about SCing but I'd rather just buy a faster car than deal with reliability issues with such an aggressive mod.

Old 05-04-2013, 05:02 PM
OGP
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
with everyones mods they listed do you guys think adding lighter pulleys, aluminum driveshaft, a performance camshaft and transgo kit will push an X over 300awhp?

anyone have knowledge of an X swapping gears to 3.5?

Old 05-04-2013, 05:58 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
New dynos on first page

Old 05-04-2013, 06:29 PM
Received 770 Likes on 604 Posts
Originally Posted by IPSThorne
I'm still on the stock airbox is the rev up that much better? I've got a kn drop in.
You won't notice a difference.

Old 05-04-2013, 07:05 PM
Originally Posted by herrschaft
You won't notice a difference.
I'm just stuck i want more power but there's no easy ponies left .

Wish I had the power from my other car in my g

Old 05-05-2013, 02:49 PM
Received 62 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by OGP
with everyones mods they listed do you guys think adding lighter pulleys, aluminum driveshaft, a performance camshaft and transgo kit will push an X over 300awhp?

anyone have knowledge of an X swapping gears to 3.5?
almost 99% sure without searching X's have a 3.5 final gear.....

all the mods you listed aside from Camshafts aren't going to increase hp on a the dyno. Might make the car faster but not make more ponies.

Given the few AWD dyno's posted we are all making under 250AWHP, you asking for 50hp gain, which is VERY hard to come by without FI or Nitrous. Even on church's dyno i highly doubt any of us can hit 300AWHP w/o spending some huge cheddar.

They AWD i was on, the guys told me stock STi's were putting down roughly the same HP numbers as i was. Its not about the number but about the gains. I still gotta scan my dyno plot and post.

IPS by far has the best documented stuff on here for the G35x, we are limited to some of the mods. I have my doubts on the AWD drivetrain holding up to the powers of a vortech for a long amount of time. We have a STS AWD car on this board, not sure if he is using it as a DD.

Old 05-05-2013, 03:15 PM
Originally Posted by TurTLe*

all the mods you listed aside from Camshafts aren't going to increase hp on a the dyno. Might make the car faster but not make more ponies.

Given the few AWD dyno's posted we are all making under 250AWHP, you asking for 50hp gain, which is VERY hard to come by without FI or Nitrous. Even on church's dyno i highly doubt any of us can hit 300AWHP w/o spending some huge cheddar.

They AWD i was on, the guys told me stock STi's were putting down roughly the same HP numbers as i was. Its not about the number but about the gains. I still gotta scan my dyno plot and post.

IPS by far has the best documented stuff on here for the G35x, we are limited to some of the mods. I have my doubts on the AWD drivetrain holding up to the powers of a vortech for a long amount of time. We have a STS AWD car on this board, not sure if he is using it as a DD.
I'm upgrading my Ypipe because I have a dent in one side and I think it could be hurting power. I'll dyno that to. I'm going to also get the HR box. If a supercharger landed in my lap I'd love to do one on this car.

The more I think about it a FULL Exhaust and headers might get me into the low-mid 240s.

AWD STI's dyno 230-240 on our dyno. stg2 ~330awtq/300awahp

Old 05-05-2013, 11:02 PM
OGP
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TurTLe*

thx for the info turtle

so to get more "new ponies" the only other option is swapping the camshaft? what camshaft would be the choice for an X?

i thought all 5AT X's had the 3.3 gear?

Old 05-06-2013, 02:24 PM
I would not do a CAM for just a little bit more money you could do a blower. A vortech/procharger would give a nice linnear powerband that would be easier on the Trans than the Positive displacement blowers.

I wish I had more money to drop in my G but I'm building my Frankensti. I'm going to do a HR box or pop charger and i'll dyno the results. If only I had header money

Old 05-07-2013, 02:23 PM
So a before and after on that Box/pop charger. Since you have access to a dyno, this would confirm or deny most people's opinions on it.

I would agree on the SC before getting a cam but for some reason i think our T-case will go out. The trans i would believe can hold the power but the T-case i think is the weakest link in the AWD system.

Old 05-07-2013, 04:41 PM
So after reading I doubt I would want the popcharger just because its louder than my currecnt setup. So I'm going to order a hr box later this month. If anyon is near columbus and has a popcharger I could get some numbers off of and give it back that would be awesome,

Old 05-08-2013, 11:57 AM
Originally Posted by IPSThorne
So after reading I doubt I would want the popcharger just because its louder than my currecnt setup. So I'm going to order a hr box later this month. If anyon is near columbus and has a popcharger I could get some numbers off of and give it back that would be awesome,
I really do wanna see that R2C intake being tested.

I'm taking a trip to NYC at the end of the month with the G, I might be able to stop by on my way back and let you try out my rev-up box.

Old 05-20-2013, 08:33 PM
Let me know I'd love to test some intakes.

Old 07-20-2013, 09:41 AM
Originally Posted by sexyrob
ah just re-read your op.. v+ is ok not worth the $$ but nothing wrong with it IMO

I tested this shiny piece of junk
Recently tuned a car with this and it was the top end I've ever seen on a DE Motor. I've tuned quite a few since last time I posted. I'm still not sure what else to do with my car. I wish there was a cheaper y pipe option.

Also I can't find a part number for the hr box any clues?

Old 07-20-2013, 09:45 AM
Also I've not had the exhaust work done yet. Recently finished my other car up and then had to install a new water heater at the old homestead. I'm still planning to add a few more parts just not sure what yet.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Dyno: 2005 G35X Stock / Ztube-tune / Kinectix Plenum