Bluetooth quality

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-01-2007, 09:43 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just went out to get a new phone with bluetooth, my first, to use with the car. I purchased a Samsung M500 and was seriously disappointed at how BAD the sound was. I could not believe that this is was what all the bluetooth fuss was about. I read some reviews here that said the RAZR v3 was a good choice, so back I went to Sprint and swap. Well, I can say what a difference. The RAZR is amazing in the car. I don't get why a standard like bluetooth is not a standard and they all sound the same. At any rate, the RAZR is a good choice.

Mike

Old 09-01-2007, 12:39 PM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
+1 for the Razr V3

Old 09-04-2007, 02:49 PM
Originally Posted by PRMax
What I wish is to be able to switch as needed between the G-phone and my Motorola ear piece for the times I need some privacy.
You should be able to do this from the phone. i can switch from G, headseat, phone and speaker phone, all through my phone. BYMMV

Old 09-04-2007, 06:11 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
HTC 8125, perfect clarity... no issues!

Old 09-04-2007, 08:23 PM
ckp
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
nokia 8801...PERFECT

Old 02-11-2008, 02:09 PM
Sony Ericcson

When I checked out www.infiniti.com/bluetooth... it seems the SE line of phones have the more compatible features with 2007 G35 w/ Navi. I was thinking of getting w580i. Does anyone have any experience using this model or Sonys in general? Thanks!

Old 02-11-2008, 03:00 PM
All of my phones have worked, some better than others, but I can see this with 100% confidence:

People sound great inside the car, but I sound like absolute crap to the people on the other line. The microphone clips and sounds like absolute crap. My dad's 06 M45 is the same way. It's basically useless except for quick calls with people you don't care about like telemarketers. It's embarrassing to try and do a sales call through the thing.

I basically don't use it and switch to handset 90+% of the time.

Old 02-12-2008, 05:14 PM
I have the Palm Centro . I hear people pretty good, but people say it cuts in and out and that I sound very far away.

Denise

Last edited by denise1768; 02-12-2008 at 05:16 PM. Reason: Changed to Palm Centro
Old 02-12-2008, 06:05 PM
Originally Posted by denise1768
I have the Palm Centro . I hear people pretty good, but people say it cuts in and out and that I sound very far away.

Denise
Not the Centro's problem, it's the cars problem. I've tried 7 different phones, all sound great inside the car, but people on the other end say I sound horrible. The M35/M45 has the same crappy problem too. To me it makes the feature useless which is a shame since it was something I was really looking forward to.

Old 02-12-2008, 06:26 PM
Although people are saying that the RAZRs work great. Oh well, I'm just glad I don't talk a bunch.

Old 02-12-2008, 09:07 PM
I really believe that the quality of the connection depends on the phone. As said in earlier post the moto phones in general dont have problems connecting with this car. I have a moto Razr2v9 with att and I have no hands free problems at all. Only thing I want to work better is the phone book transfer.

Old 02-13-2008, 01:53 AM
I returned my Samsung Blackjack 2 and got a Moto Q Global (thanks for the suggestion Maximillion), and it works really well on both sides. I'm in sales and do participate in conference calls, sometimes with clients, from the car, so the quality on other side is very important to me. I've tried a lot of phones, and very few of them work well with this car. I've never had a problem hearing other people, but most of the phones I've tried have been very bad on the other side. The Motorola Razr V3 works well, as does the T-Mobile Dash, and the best one of the lot is the Moto Q Global - very clear on the other side (I record voice mails at work to test it out).

Having said that, there is definitely something wrong with the car because all of the phones that didn't work, worked fine with my wife's Acura MDX.

Regards,
Tamir

Old 02-13-2008, 11:17 AM
My Sprint Sanyo Katana works well with my non-nav '08 G. Just in case someone here is considering that phone.

Old 02-18-2008, 11:49 AM
Originally Posted by treacherous
There is a setting in diagnotics to check/adjust the following:

"The hands-free phone reception volume adjustment, microphone
and speaker test, and memory erase functions are also available. "

1. Turn the audio system OFF.
2. While pushing the “SETTING” button, turn the volume control
dial clockwise or counterclockwise for 40 clicks or more. (When
the self-diagnosis mode is started, a short beep will be heard.)
• Shifting from current screen to previous screen is performed
by pushing “BACK” button.
3. The trouble diagnosis initial screen is displayed, and then the
items of “Self Diagnosis” and “Confirmation/Adjustment” can be
selected.
5. Access Confirmation/Adjustment
6. Access Handsfree Phone
Tried this, but there was no number 6 "Access Handsfree Phone" option. Could it be different in non-nav? I would like to turn up the outgoing volume.

Thanks.

Old 02-18-2008, 10:25 PM
I work in the telecommunications industry and can tell you two things with a good degree of certainty:

1. It's the phone you're using
2. It's the car

All kidding aside, Bluetooth tends to have quality and performance problems on CDMA handsets (phones on the Verizon Wireless/Alltel/Sprint (not Nextel) networks) as there are interference issues between the Bluetooth and CDMA radios in the phones. Furthermore, they tend to drain the battery faster than they would with a phone using GSM technology (AT&T/T-Mobile).

I would venture to guess that you would experience the same issue of people on the far end barely being able to understand you on Verizon and Sprint phones even if you were carrying on a conversation in a quiet room.

That said, there very well may be issues with the car microphone's sound isolation and/or noise mitigation technology working here as well.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Bluetooth quality