iPod Bluetooth Transmitter - Compatible with Nissan's CARWINGS Navigation System

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-17-2007, 07:47 PM
Received 85 Likes on 73 Posts
G35x
iPod Bluetooth Transmitter - Compatible with Nissan's CARWINGS Navigation System

Anyone think this will ever be compatible with system in G?

http://www.theautochannel.com/news/2...07/050974.html

TOKYO, June 7 -- mobilecast Inc. (Tokyo, Japan) is pleased to announce the joint development with Nissan (Tokyo, Japan) of the new iPod*1 Bluetooth*2 Transmitter for cars, a device compatible with the Nissan's CARWINGS HDD navigation system. This device allows users to listen to music downloaded into their iPods in their cars wirelessly.

mobilecast, a wireless solutions provider that was an early market participant with Bluetooth wireless multilink hands-free and audio products, is a leading wireless solutions company that currently holds the Japanese market's top sales position (20% of the hands-free market). Developing various kinds of new products and services with innovative ideas that are based on wireless technology, mobilecast is proactively introducing wireless solutions in Japan. Furthermore, with mobilecast UK Ltd being established in June 2007, the company is expanding its business worldwide, with an eye to the European and Asian markets where Bluetooth embedded mobile phones are popular.

As a solutions vendor that focuses on wireless personal area networking (PAN), mobilecast worked with Nissan in developing and marketing an iPod Bluetooth Transmitter that is compatible with Nissan's HDD car navigation. Bluetooth technology is the subject of great international anticipation as a safe, secure, and easy solution for vehicles. Consequently, this collaboratively developed product is drawing considerable attention as a model for wireless solution in ITS (Intelligent wireless solution in ITS (Intelligent Transport Systems and Services).

Feature
1. The Bluetooth protocol connects the HDD navigation system with an iPod
wirelessly while the iPod is tucked in a bag, clothing, or just laying
on the seat. Wires are not going to bother users anymore.
2. The system delivers high stereo sound quality wirelessly by Bluetooth.
3. Because the device can also be operated from the iPod transmitter,
passengers may use it like a remote controller to select their favorite
tunes.

Joint development of the iPod Bluetooth Transmitter
1. While the conventional iPod Bluetooth Transmitter only had the Page
function, this device has greatly improved
connectivity with car navigation due to optimization of Page/Page Scan
repeat time.
2. Seamless switching with Bluetooth hands-free (HF) communication and
Bluetooth data communications (DUN) for
telematics has been realized.
3. Success was achieved in changing the music transmission packet value to improve jumping.

Product Information
Product name: iPod Bluetooth Transmitter
Code: KWAP0-00700-WT(Piano White), KWAP0-00700-BK(Piano Black)
Price: Open (Expected market price: 7,800yen)
Distributor: Nissan online shop (http://shop.nissan.co.jp/)

Old 06-17-2007, 08:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
$65 is not that bad... I wonder what the sound quality would be like -- the phone quality is not anywhere NEAR the onboard music box/cf/etc, and I wonder if it would interfere with the incoming/outgoing phone calls, since the car would be paired and connected to this thing instead of the phone.

Old 06-20-2007, 12:19 PM
This sounds like a very interesting solution but I wonder if it will work with us non NAV folks. Am I mistaken or will the track info show on the screen? Has anyone ordered one of these yet? I would love to see it in action

Old 06-20-2007, 07:31 PM
It doesn't transmit video to our LCD, so again, it's missing the boat.

Old 06-21-2007, 06:40 AM
Originally Posted by viguera
since the car would be paired and connected to this thing instead of the phone.
So we either have to have the phone paired OR the Ipod Paired but we can't have them both paired at the same time?

Old 06-22-2007, 12:37 AM
http://translate.google.com/translat...&hl=en&ie=UTF8

The google translation seems to say you can use your bluetooth phone and this ipod transmitter at the same time.

Old 06-22-2007, 02:13 PM
Originally Posted by japhule
http://translate.google.com/translat...&hl=en&ie=UTF8

The google translation seems to say you can use your bluetooth phone and this ipod transmitter at the same time.
Think about it... pair your phone with a headset. Then pair it with the car.

Can you use both at the same time?

The car doesn't have anything but handsfree profile for audio... and even when you have multiple phones paired to it, you have to do a phone select to switch back and forth.

My guess is that once you're paired and connected to the car, the car might recognize it as a device and you can stream audio to it, but you'll have to switch to the phone in order to start a call. It only makes sense to me from what I've seen the car do so far.

Old 06-23-2007, 03:42 AM
Though I don't know the full details of this transmitter, I would assume that it is not using the "hands free" bluetooth profile that is used for phones but the A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution) profile that allows sending of stereo (and mono) music. I'm curious if the Bluetooth support in the G35 supports A2DP either with a software update or a feature currently disabled/hidden.