Automatically process the Navi OK screen

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-02-2008, 05:55 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'd be up for a group buy. I just have to find an installer, since my skills have never lent themselves to the mechanical sort of thing.

Old 08-02-2008, 11:57 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I did mine & would be game to help with the install for anyone in the Birmingham, Alabama Area.

Old 08-05-2008, 03:21 PM
FINALLY got mine installed this weekend. Went very smoothly, the instructions were good, coming here and reading up about the orange reverse wire ahead of time was handy though... Had no issues installing and module works great. I'm using Mode 1 (on/off by pressing the enter button > 1 second) and think that's really the way to go. Love it!

I also used some light foam and zipties to place around the module and the relay to keep them from rattling behind the dash. I was fighting time (before the 103F heat here) so I didn't remember to take the photos I'd intended to. Oh well. It's very easy to get in and out of the dash on the MT. Hardest part is loosening the shifter ****. I used a strap wrench and one of those red-shop cloths and it worked OK though. Lots of slipping. I'd have done it without the cloth but was concerned for the material stretching / distorting.

Thanks again KPTech!

Old 08-05-2008, 03:22 PM
Hey stanfna... How was the install on the windowup module?

Old 08-05-2008, 04:54 PM
Originally Posted by adamr001
Hey stanfna... How was the install on the windowup module?
it was a little tricky...but Kevin changed the procedure after I did mine. the new way looks 100 times easier. if you did the NAV bypass....you could do the window up module no problem. it is much easier. I took advantage of taking the door panel off, and added some foam to certain spots in order to get rid of some rattles.

I have to say...now that summer is here, i use the window up/down features all the time!!! when i go somewhere & the windows are down, i just turn off the car...get out hit the door lock on the remote and the windows go up & the car locks. when it is time to go...i roll them down to let some heat out before i get in.

very convenient feature to have & a very easy install.

Old 08-08-2008, 06:22 PM
I had read in some of the earlier posts that while the VSS is off the navigation wont work---(which is fine)--but somewhere it was mentioned that the mileage calculations, status of the fuel economy etc will also be affected by this?

Is this true?

Old 08-15-2008, 10:46 AM
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
If the calculations are done internally to the navi system then they will be off. I've heard people say they are effected and I've heard people say they arn't - I'm honestly not sure (which is why I waited so long to post).

Keep in mind though, that the information is only inaccurate for the time period that the VSS signal is bypassed (only while you are using the system while the car is moving. In the grand scheme of things the data won't be that far off under "normal" occasional use. Now if you are bypassing the VSS signal permanently your data could be completely useless.

Old 08-19-2008, 04:30 PM
Mileage and range calculations are unaffected during use of the bypass.

Old 09-02-2008, 01:56 PM
Installed... Finally!!

I took advantage of the long weekend to install my module. It took me longer than expected as I was having trouble getting the shift **** off of my manual. I ended up leaving the **** on and just swiveling the whole assembly out of the way instead.

I tried to solder all the connections behind the dash, but had trouble stripping the harness wires. Where I had space, I soldered and on the harness, I took the cheap way out and used some piggyback splicing connectors. I wrapped the splice in electrical tape and I'll keep my fingers crossed that they'll last!

Otherwise, the install was straightforward. Unit works as expected and I am pleased.

Thumbs up to KP Technologies!

He2

Old 09-03-2008, 06:33 PM
Banned
Great news that you got it installed and are enjoying it.

KPtechnologies has these modules in stock and ready to ship.

For only $99 you can regain control of your navigation system!

Old 10-13-2008, 04:48 PM
Banned
I updated the first post in this thread to reflect the current status of this product - shipping!

Old 10-14-2008, 08:45 AM
DC Install

I would love to get this, however I am all thumbs when it comes to doing an install like this. Believe me, I have tried similar things over the years and it has always ended up half assed.

If there is anyone in the metro DC area that can install this for me, please let me know.

Thanks

Old 10-14-2008, 08:56 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
^^^^^same thing for me....
I'd love to have this....but I'm looking for an installer in SW Florida.

Old 10-14-2008, 03:38 PM
Banned
We've had quite a few customers get these installed at car audio shops. I'll have to ask the next customer I speak with how much they paid.

Old 10-14-2008, 05:36 PM
I'd be more concerned with taking dashboard apart without scratching anything.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Automatically process the Navi OK screen