Video Ipod + Proclip USA + Navone A/V cable + Cable TV = MULTIMEDIA G35!!

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average.

Old 01-14-2008, 05:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Video Ipod + Proclip USA + Navone A/V cable + Cable TV = MULTIMEDIA G35!!

As you recall, i was working on an XBOX solution for my G35 sedan, however, i have shelved it for now as a result of power problems in my g35. I am currently going to install 0 gauage wire into my G to get clean power the xbox. So i have devised up a new scheme.

Here are the pics:
http://s220.photobucket.com/albums/d...G35%20Install/

PLEASE IGNORE THE OTHER WIRES, as it is not allowed to be discussed in these forums!

PARTS LIST:
5.5gen video IPOD
Navone IPOD DOCKING CABLE N-IPOD-AVDoc - http://www.davidnavone.com/cart.asp?24&cat=4
Proclip USA G35 mounts/IPOD mounts - http://www.proclipusa.com/choosecoun...secountry.aspx
MythTV LINUX SERVER

Here is what happens:

As you see in the photo, the mount puts the IPOD perfectly beside the gear shifter, and it works really well. I can switch songs without a stretch, and the best part is that you are using the IPOD's screen, so you dont have to worry about any quirks with the 2008 G35 IPOD implementation. I used to have a Pioneer D3 with IPOD in my 300C, and this is much better.

The cable not only provides audio output out of the dock connector, but video output as well as fire wire charging. Its an ALL IN ONE SOLUTION and it works really well!!.. When you shut the car off, it will put the ipod on pause. As well it outputs video very well to the factory screen!!

Been using it for 3 weeks now, and will tell you, this solution is PERFECT!!

NOW THE TWIST!!

I have setup a separate computer runnning Knoppmyth which is a Myth TV linux server. Read up on it!! It allows you to record TV shows (like a TIVO) and it auto recompresses the video files into IPOD format. So now I can use ITUNES to put my daily shows into my ipod. I can go into more details, but its better to read about the capabilities of Knoppmyth and MythTV. I would provide assistance to anybody that needs it!!

DVD OUTPUT:
I also have a PS2 mini hooked up, but i dont really use it. Maybe for the occasional guitar hero 3, but i only keep it in the car incase i need to run a DVD.

THE FUTURE:
I am still waiting for my xbox solution so i can play native DIVX/XVID, DVD and MPEG. See my other thread for details.

Any feedback is appreciated!

Old 01-14-2008, 07:44 PM
looks pretty nice, where did you run the ipod cable though? Also I am assuming you spliced into a switched +12V on that red wire and that is what causes the ipod to pause? well I would assume that is for charging. how does it pause?

all in all it looks pretty nice!

Old 01-14-2008, 08:09 PM
Originally Posted by imnotplutonium
looks pretty nice, where did you run the ipod cable though? Also I am assuming you spliced into a switched +12V on that red wire and that is what causes the ipod to pause? well I would assume that is for charging. how does it pause?

all in all it looks pretty nice!
I wirred it to cigerette lighter for now, and it goes into the console, but i am going to rewire it to the rear because of the pitiful grounding job Infiniti did.

Old 01-14-2008, 08:59 PM
Can/does the navone dock display the ipod menu and album artwork on the G's screen?

Old 01-14-2008, 09:12 PM
Originally Posted by shoeless
Can/does the navone dock display the ipod menu and album artwork on the G's screen?

Working on that one. I bought their home docking station thinking it did. THere is alot of solutions out there to project the menus, but really its redundent because you need to figure out how to power the home units, and its a real mess to get the menues out there..

I was thinking about going with one, but this is way too simple.

Old 01-14-2008, 09:38 PM
Ah... Knoppmyth. Hardcore. You sir are a true tech head and I salute you.

Hope this doesn't get tossed though.

Old 01-14-2008, 11:52 PM
Originally Posted by viguera
Ah... Knoppmyth. Hardcore. You sir are a true tech head and I salute you.

Hope this doesn't get tossed though.

Why would it? I didnt discuss anything!! LOL

Old 01-15-2008, 02:39 AM
Originally Posted by MiniRX7
I noticed a mount for your HTC phone. Is that from Proclip? How do you like it? Do the mounts that go on the phone get in the way?

Old 01-15-2008, 07:02 AM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Looks sweet Ed, nice job

Old 01-15-2008, 08:53 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
This is an awesome mod. Can't wait to see it finished.

Old 01-15-2008, 09:26 AM
Originally Posted by bertmauricio
I noticed a mount for your HTC phone. Is that from Proclip? How do you like it? Do the mounts that go on the phone get in the way?
Yes i have the HTC Tytn2 which i use for my navigation however i need to get get it replaced because its not charging my phone..

The mounts from proclip are absolutely well built and worth every penny... ANd the mounts do not get in the way fo the phone.

Old 01-15-2008, 10:10 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Can this be done on an 07 with Nav?

Old 01-15-2008, 10:46 AM
Originally Posted by Lemodular
Can this be done on an 07 with Nav?
The Nav also has video inputs and yes it can be done with any G, but if you are talking about byp_ss, I will not discuss this. Dont want to get banned. note: there is no viable solution yet for navi models.

Old 01-15-2008, 11:31 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Are you familiar with Harman Kardon's Bridge? it's an IPOD cradle that allows the menus to be visible and controlled on the receiver... maybe if you can get the technical details it might help, but it does allow for the passing of more then just music.

http://www.harmankardon.com/product_...d=THE%20BRIDGE

Old 01-15-2008, 11:42 AM
Originally Posted by kring
Are you familiar with Harman Kardon's Bridge? it's an IPOD cradle that allows the menus to be visible and controlled on the receiver... maybe if you can get the technical details it might help, but it does allow for the passing of more then just music.

http://www.harmankardon.com/product_...d=THE%20BRIDGE
Thanks!

LIke i mentioned before, there are cradles that allow you to project hte menus on screen, but i didnt want to create complexity becasue these cradles require a power source, meaning that i would need to use a DC to AC invertor, which inturn would create additional audio noise.

I find having the menu onscreen is not really necessary, especially when i use shuffle and playlists all the time.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average.

Quick Reply: Video Ipod + Proclip USA + Navone A/V cable + Cable TV = MULTIMEDIA G35!!