iPhone 3G Adaptor?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-05-2008, 12:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
iPhone 3G Adaptor?

I've read some posts about it but does anybody know details or if an adaptor is actually on the way so we can actually plug our phones into the car and use the integration?

Old 10-05-2008, 01:13 PM
You can use your iPhone today with the current cable you just cannot charge it at the same time. It is far from ideal as it doesn't shuffle well, but it does work.

There is an updated cable, but I cannot confirm that it supports the iPhone in any better.

Part# 284H2-1BA0B (1BA0A was the original cable I believe).

Old 10-06-2008, 12:13 AM
Originally Posted by chapter29
You can use your iPhone today with the current cable you just cannot charge it at the same time. It is far from ideal as it doesn't shuffle well, but it does work.

There is an updated cable, but I cannot confirm that it supports the iPhone in any better.

Part# 284H2-1BA0B (1BA0A was the original cable I believe).
You sure? My iPhone won't charge or play music through the integration cable.

Old 10-06-2008, 08:23 AM
Here's an iPod thread you may want to read. It looks like they moved the charging pins on the new generation iPods and the iPhone 3G. Just make sure to read the entire thread. Someone posted something about a 3rd party adapter and a new cable by Infiniti but the adapter may/may not be out yet and it doesn't appear that there is a new Infiniti cable but who knows. One of the last posts has a link to the 3rd party adapter due in 'early October'.

https://g35driver.com/forums/tech-07...eneration.html

Quite a bummer as I was thinking about switching to either a new iPod or even the 3G. I guess I'll wait and see what happens over the next few months.

Hope this helps.

Jay

Old 10-06-2008, 10:27 PM
Originally Posted by popcornten
You sure? My iPhone won't charge or play music through the integration cable.
Yes I am sure it plays music, kind of odd you ask that. All choices, artist, album, etc. Use it daily. To shuffle though I need to hit the up on the steering wheel control twice and often it goes back and repeats what I just passed up. Of course it does not do this using the Iphone directly.

Does not charge. Not sure if the cable part number charges or not, but I may order it. Not really a big deal, but an annoyance.

Old 11-05-2008, 11:40 PM
I was frustrated with not being able to Charge my 3G iPhone in my 08 G35x. The 1st gen worked great! This was almost a deal breaker for me and was going to pull my 1st gen iPhone off of eBay.... Anyway...did some research here and other sites and found the connector sold by Ridax (you can google this). It was a bit over $40 with shipping from Sweden. Got it today..less than 6 days.... Great e-mail response from the person who operates the business!

IT WORKS... The system reacts just like my 1st gen phone. No longer do I get the yellow triangle and the unit charges. You still get the Airplane on/off question..which I got with the 1st gen iPhone...but this goes away.

Thanks
Ed

Old 11-06-2008, 08:02 AM
Originally Posted by popcornten
I've read some posts about it but does anybody know details or if an adaptor is actually on the way so we can actually plug our phones into the car and use the integration?

I've seen the one I link below....I've also seen 1 other, but this one is used all overt he maxima forums and people seem to like it.

http://cablejive.com/charge_converter.html

Old 11-06-2008, 11:38 AM
I ordered a Scosche adaptor yesterday. I'll update when it comes in.

It was a little less than $40 with shipping

Old 11-11-2008, 06:34 PM
Originally Posted by eschak
I was frustrated with not being able to Charge my 3G iPhone in my 08 G35x. The 1st gen worked great! This was almost a deal breaker for me and was going to pull my 1st gen iPhone off of eBay.... Anyway...did some research here and other sites and found the connector sold by Ridax (you can google this). It was a bit over $40 with shipping from Sweden. Got it today..less than 6 days.... Great e-mail response from the person who operates the business!

IT WORKS... The system reacts just like my 1st gen phone. No longer do I get the yellow triangle and the unit charges. You still get the Airplane on/off question..which I got with the 1st gen iPhone...but this goes away.

Thanks
Ed
Can you phone still fit in the center console? Do you have a AT or MT?

Old 11-11-2008, 07:11 PM
I have a G35X,At ..Unfortunately..no Manual..or I'd have it!

I generally keep the iPhone out of the console so that I can access the interface if necessary...for conf calls etc. There is an opening to let the iPod cable travel underneath the console lid so it doesn't bind. The connector only adds about 1.25-1.5" in length to the cable wehen connected...so I think it will still fit. I will check later when I go out to confirm..but shouldn't be an issue.

Still love the adapter.. no issue in about 1 week of usage.

Ed

Old 11-11-2008, 11:43 PM
scosche adapter

I picked up the scosche adapter from the Apple store this afternoon. They had just gotten them in. It cost 24.99 plus tax, so less expensive than ordering it from their site. You still get the "device not compatible" warning, but just hit ok and everything works fine. I have an auto and the phone no longer fits inside the console, since the adapter is about 3/4 of an inch long. I did the same thing as eschak and ran the cord outside of the console and it was fine. Overall, it works like a champ.

Old 11-11-2008, 11:53 PM
Originally Posted by mazadi
I picked up the scosche adapter from the Apple store this afternoon. They had just gotten them in. It cost 24.99 plus tax, so less expensive than ordering it from their site. You still get the "device not compatible" warning, but just hit ok and everything works fine. I have an auto and the phone no longer fits inside the console, since the adapter is about 3/4 of an inch long. I did the same thing as eschak and ran the cord outside of the console and it was fine. Overall, it works like a champ.
Thanks a lot for the info. I guess I'll be getting one too. ****ing Apple.

Old 11-23-2008, 11:36 AM
Just got mine from the apple store and it works as advertised.

However, I had to go through 3 geniuses to get one... asked 2 people and they immediately said they have never heard of it and don't have it.
Then I found it online on my phone, showed it to another guy who had never seen it either. However he actually looked in the back and found it! 24.99 in store.

Old 11-23-2008, 05:06 PM
As a caveat to this - still no retrofitting for the iPod integration for '07 sedans?