HKS Camp2 thru Aux, really need help guys

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-24-2009, 12:48 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Question HKS Camp2 thru Aux, really need help guys

Hi guys, i own a 2008 G35 Sedan with oem navi and i would like to connect my HKS Camp2 thru the Aux and have it on while driving, there is some steps involving cutting or splicing ebrake wire on the HU or something, and i really need to get the reading while driving, can anyone please please help me do this?
I've seen posts about tv-navi2go but i don't want that thing, i want to connect the Camp2 to the Aux connection, i need help, and if this thing is not allowed to be discussed on the forums can plz anyone pm me.

Thanks a lot, i really need an urgent help, i got the Camp2 and don't know what to do .

Old 07-24-2009, 06:31 PM

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
We can talk about displaying the CAMP2 screen on the factory LCD via the AUX inputs here, but NOTHING ELSE please.

For those that do not know, the HKS CAMP2 is a digital gage display that is capable of monitoring various engine parameters using either the factory sensors, additional sensors or a combination of both. This is a screenshot showing 6 gages on the factory LCD:

In order for the gages to be displayed while the vehicle is in motion, you have to:

1) cut the parking brake signal to the head unit and ground the side coming from the head unit. No, you will not get a parking brake warning light in your dash because this is just a signal to the head unit.

2) put a 2 position switch in line with the vehicle speed signal. When the switch is closed, you will have normal navigation (if so equiped) function. When the switch is open, you will be able to view your CAMP2 display BUT your navigation will not refresh fast enough. You can locate the switch anywhere convenient.

To determine which wires to cut and splice, here are the pin connections for the back of the three head unit configurations available:

Old 07-24-2009, 07:16 PM
Originally Posted by terrycs
We can talk about displaying the CAMP2 screen on the factory LCD via the AUX inputs here, but NOTHING ELSE please.

For those that do not know, the HKS CAMP2 is a digital gage display that is capable of monitoring various engine parameters using either the factory sensors, additional sensors or a combination of both. This is a screenshot showing 6 gages on the factory LCD:

In order for the gages to be displayed while the vehicle is in motion, you have to:

1) cut the parking brake signal to the head unit and ground the side coming from the head unit. No, you will not get a parking brake warning light in your dash because this is just a signal to the head unit.

2) put a 2 position switch in line with the vehicle speed signal. When the switch is closed, you will have normal navigation (if so equiped) function. When the switch is open, you will be able to view your CAMP2 display BUT your navigation will not refresh fast enough. You can locate the switch anywhere convenient.

To determine which wires to cut and splice, here are the pin connections for the back of the three head unit configurations available:

Thanks a lot Terry, i think this should be a sticky to anyone who want's to install the HKS Camp2 or anything else.
Thanks a million time Terry.

Old 07-25-2009, 09:07 AM
Btw what kind of switch? on/off switch? and what would it do for the speed sensor?

Old 07-25-2009, 10:18 AM

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by G35s-Dude
Btw what kind of switch? on/off switch? and what would it do for the speed sensor?
Any two position switch will work, but I'm eventually going to use a two position rocker switch and install it in the location between the two existing seat heater swtiches. I'm currently using a two position toggle switch under my driver's side floormat because I've been too busy.

From what I understand, the signal is a pulse that is transmitted to the HU telling it how fast the car is going. It uses this information plus the information from the built in compass to tell the navigation system where the car is since the last time it polled the GPS satellites then updates the display. The nav system then makes corrections the next time the the GPS sats are polled.

If a switch is NOT used and the wire were simply cut, the nav will only update everytime the sats are polled which is not frequent enough for normal navigation use.

If the VSS signal is NOT cut, the CAMP2 will NOT display because head unit knows the car is in motion.

Old 07-25-2009, 11:38 AM
Do you think it would be easier/better if i go with (NAVIGATION 'OK' BYPASS MODULE) from KPtechnologies and keep both navigation and aux running as they supposed to?

Old 07-26-2009, 03:25 AM
You're Despicable

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts
Just out of curiosity, would the HKS CAMP2 unit work with non-navi equipped cars?

Old 07-26-2009, 04:43 AM
Sure it would, read the diagram up there for the connection, you only need to tap the e-brake line and vehicle speed sensor (VSS).
A friend of mine is an authorised HKS dealer, if you need anything just let me know, but i'm leaning toward Greddy informeter right now, all this cutting and tapping stuff with the Camp2, i don't want to fry my navigation or head unit.

Old 07-26-2009, 07:16 AM
You're Despicable

First off nice Avatar lol

I've got an Authorised HKS dealer here too, he's the guy I'm planning on getting to install the exhaust and JIC coilovers. and what is the Greedy informeter, I'm getting confused with all these new gadgets, is it similar to the HKS CAMP2? i.e. it reads out on the car's display unit? or is it a separate display unit on its own?

Old 07-26-2009, 07:27 AM
It's the same as HKS Camp2 but it's a seperate unit with it's own display, trying searching google for "greddy informeter touch" and see it, it got all the functions of the Camp2 + it can read A/F if you got the sensor, unlike HKS which require F-Con to read A/F ratio.

Old 07-26-2009, 09:37 AM
You're Despicable

wow dude this Greddy kit looks awesome, you gottta get it and let us know how it is

Old 07-26-2009, 11:06 AM
Bah, i got it today and tried to run it on my car, it didn't work since it was imported from Japan, i gotta buy it from USA with software version 1.04 to run on our cars, USA Greddy informeter touch‏ support Infiniti and Lexus, while the Greddy informeter touch‏ Japan doesn't have Infiniti or Lexus, so i'll have to order it from the internet.

Old 07-27-2009, 07:22 AM
You're Despicable

bummer man, did you get it locally or from Japan? and is it just a simple plug and play? with no splicing or anything?

Old 07-27-2009, 11:04 AM
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
In order for this to be effective you really should get a converter and drive the screen directly (don't use the AUX inputs).

The reason I say this is because if you are using the AUX input you can't use your radio - that would drive me crazy. It will cost a little more, but it will be a better (more flexible) solution in the long run.

Old 07-27-2009, 12:01 PM
Originally Posted by KPierson
In order for this to be effective you really should get a converter and drive the screen directly (don't use the AUX inputs).

The reason I say this is because if you are using the AUX input you can't use your radio - that would drive me crazy. It will cost a little more, but it will be a better (more flexible) solution in the long run.
I didn't understand, and i gave up the idea, getting Greddy informeter touch which is plug and play and i can use it on any car i want.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: HKS Camp2 thru Aux, really need help guys