Streaming Music via Bluetooth Option

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-19-2011, 12:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just went the route of the Blackberry Stereo Gateway and I'm very pleased with it, especially for the price. It automatically connects every time I turn the car on, sound quality is very good, and now there's no ugly wires hanging all over the center console. My only complaint is the noise I hear when there's quiet parts in the song, or when no music is playing (which I assume is because the Blackberry device isn't grounded). Anything I can do about that?

Old 03-21-2011, 08:05 AM
so i received my sprint fipo anycom bluetooth device on saturday.. plugged it in.. super convenient, but like some of the reviews say, at higher volumes, the sound quality isnt up to par with the cable plugged in.. it's like when you have a tape adapter and you turn the mp3 player to max volume and it gets a little staticy/crackly at louder volumes..

i kind of expected this going in so i wasn't super disappointed.. but still a little bit. the main reason i got it was to listen to my podcasts which dont require high def audio..

i'd give the product a 7 out of 10.. but again, that's for my needs. if u want it for solely listening to music, it's bound to disappoint you..

Old 03-21-2011, 11:02 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
^ agreed.

For the intended purpose of the product, it works out well but if you're a pure audiophile, then this isn't for you. Nothing wireless would be at that point. Maybe if there was a way to hook up a DAC (digital to analog converter) it would sound better. If anyone has info on this, please share.

Old 03-21-2011, 01:43 PM
G35 Sedan RWD
Originally Posted by theessence136
I just went the route of the Blackberry Stereo Gateway and I'm very pleased with it, especially for the price. It automatically connects every time I turn the car on, sound quality is very good, and now there's no ugly wires hanging all over the center console. My only complaint is the noise I hear when there's quiet parts in the song, or when no music is playing (which I assume is because the Blackberry device isn't grounded). Anything I can do about that?
Yes, go amazon and search "ground loop isolator", it has few selections there, or just go local Radio Shack. It will kill most of the noise you are having. I bought one and it works wonder.

Old 03-21-2011, 01:47 PM
G35 Sedan RWD
Originally Posted by jryuuu
so i received my sprint fipo anycom bluetooth device on saturday.. plugged it in.. super convenient, but like some of the reviews say, at higher volumes, the sound quality isnt up to par with the cable plugged in.. it's like when you have a tape adapter and you turn the mp3 player to max volume and it gets a little staticy/crackly at louder volumes..

i kind of expected this going in so i wasn't super disappointed.. but still a little bit. the main reason i got it was to listen to my podcasts which dont require high def audio..

i'd give the product a 7 out of 10.. but again, that's for my needs. if u want it for solely listening to music, it's bound to disappoint you..

Perhaps I'm not audiophile but the blackberry gateway I had gives good sound that may be on par with cable. Maybe the one made by Sprint just isn't as good because I know some aftermarket brand bluetooth gateway does further degrade sound quality.

Old 03-24-2011, 03:30 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Will this support video as well if I have the AUX inputs with a bypass?

Old 03-24-2011, 05:06 PM
G35 Sedan RWD
Originally Posted by 07IvoryPearlG35
Will this support video as well if I have the AUX inputs with a bypass?
It only stream audio not video. I also have video bypass, vidoe => AUX via apple's video cable and musi => AUX via bluetooth gateway. It works perfectly, to me it is the minimum setup/wiring i can think of.

Old 03-27-2011, 02:28 AM
Im using the same setup with the sprint fipo unit. My question is, is there a way to have the next/previous track control on the steering wheel control the next track on my phone (android for the moment). I know my phone supports wired and wireless headset controls. I have the fipo hooked up to the aux as I dont have the ipod integration built in.
P.S. With a bracketron mount, this works almost perfectly (minus the steering controls)

Old 05-02-2011, 09:23 PM
Spiderg35 I don't think so. I've got a friend with a G35 and he tried and couldn't get it to go. Let us know if you do.

Old 05-04-2011, 02:19 PM
So, aftef doing a car swap at the dealer, I ended up with an ipod integration kit with nav. Long story short, it doesn't support next track. But the good news is I saved a bunch of wiring space with the ipod cable and fipo init instead of the aux and power cable for the fipo.

Old 01-26-2012, 11:48 AM
Just wanna get a few things straight cause I would love if this could work for my droid. I have an 08 G35X btw...So if I purchase the Sprint FIPO adapter, I will be able to plug it right into the Ipod cable in the armrest and pair it to my Galaxy Nexus. I'll then be able to select the ipod connection up on my dash screen. The FIPO adapter will automatically pair to my phone if I have bluetooth on when I get into the car and I will be able to place it in its mount on top of the dash. The music will be able to be played through this. Now will the song track/title and all be shown on the screen? Will the steering wheel controls work for an app such as Spotify. I know my Motorola BT headphones allow me to change the track with the buttons on them.

Old 01-26-2012, 02:04 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey, I have the a GN as well and I've streamed it via pandora only. The skip doesn't work with the controls on pandora. I'm not sure how it would work with spotify or a playlist as I haven't tried. It also doesn't show up with the title of the song on the screen. I'll see what I can do about trying spotify and let you know how it works out.

The following users liked this post:
alicious (02-13-2012)
Old 01-26-2012, 02:15 PM
OK thanks for the info. Not too worried about that stuff as long as I can hear the music. Just wanted to see what I can expect if I buy the Fios thing

Old 02-11-2012, 04:51 PM
The Sprint FIPO unit is nowhere to be found anywhere on the Internet. It's too bad they stopped making this $20 unit and now it only pops up once in a while on eBay an sells for over $100. I tried bidding on one a week ago but we outbid at the last second because I was bidding from my phone and wasn't quick enough. I bid $95 btw, and lost. I purchased one of the eBay knockoffs for $40 but returned it shortly after as it wasn't compatible with our non-charging iPod cables. I have a Galaxy Nexus so I'm probably going to try that Bluetooth fm transmitter thing that's a few posts up, I usually haaaaate fm trans tho because they constantly cut out and have horrible sound quality. Any one try that one yet?

Old 06-21-2012, 12:36 PM
Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts
Has anyone been able to confirm whether or not I can simultaniously conenct to my G's Bluetooth for Phone functions and the Blackberry ad2p adapter? What happens when a call comes in?