Buying M sport rims need help!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-23-2007, 02:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Buying M sport rims need help!!

FYI, I am really new at this stuff so I appreciate any advice you guys can give me and yes I did a search before posting this but could not find any concrete answers on these questions. Alright so I have an 07 Journey G35 sedan and am hopefully picking up a set of m35/m45 sport rims. I have a few questions for everyone out there that has either a. already installed some M sport rims on a sedan or b. is knowlegable enough to know exactly what it would entail.

So my questions are:

1. What parts would I need to install the rims?

2. Do I need spacers? if so what size?

3. Will the lug nuts that I currently have on car work with the new rims? I currently have the factory 17" rims.

4. So it is a constant theme on most of these threads to talk about TPS sensors how do I know if I have them (I'm under the assumption that all G35s have them please correct me if I'm wrong) and will they work on the new rims that I am getting. The orignal owner has taken them out of his rims and installed it in the aftermaket rims he purchased.

5. Is there anything that I should look out for when inspecting or before buying these rims? Any tricks of the trade I should know about (my cousin told me to take the rims to a rim shop and have the balancing checked out before buying them anything else you guys can think of?)

6. The m35 and m45 sport rims are the same correct?

I want to thank you guys in advance for helping me out with this. I know there are a lot of O.G's on here who really know this iss and appreciate any help you guys can give.

P.S. sorry for making this sooo long Just want to make an informed decision.DOMO

Old 10-23-2007, 08:23 PM
I wold PM "csdstudio". He is the only sedan with M Sport wheels that I've seen.

Make sure to post pics when you get them done!

Old 10-23-2007, 11:28 PM
umm just a small suggestion.. thought about taking a look at real aftermarket rims instead of the M rims...?

I personally don't see the point at all, but power to the people eh..

Old 10-23-2007, 11:30 PM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
I just love the M sport rims. I would not think twice abot putting them on my 07.

Old 10-23-2007, 11:44 PM
The M sport wheels are very nice looking.

1. What parts would I need to install the rims? None, just lugs

2. Do I need spacers? if so what size? I think the offset is close and you would not need spacers.

3. Will the lug nuts that I currently have on car work with the new rims? I currently have the factory 17" rims. They should, call the dealer to be sure. I doubt Infinit would make two different sets of lugs for the same year models.

4. So it is a constant theme on most of these threads to talk about TPS sensors how do I know if I have them (I'm under the assumption that all G35s have them please correct me if I'm wrong) and will they work on the new rims that I am getting. The orignal owner has taken them out of his rims and installed it in the aftermaket rims he purchased. They will fit and yes you have them.

5. Is there anything that I should look out for when inspecting or before buying these rims? Any tricks of the trade I should know about (my cousin told me to take the rims to a rim shop and have the balancing checked out before buying them anything else you guys can think of?) Write a small contract with the seller guaranteeing they are straight. You'll find out when mounting, however any tire shop could spin them up on a balancing machine before mount, just to be sure.

6. The m35 and m45 sport rims are the same correct? I'm not sure but I'd assume so.

Old 10-24-2007, 11:05 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by EWG35
3. Will the lug nuts that I currently have on car work with the new rims? I currently have the factory 17" rims. They should, call the dealer to be sure. I doubt Infinit would make two different sets of lugs for the same year models.
Manufacturers do use different lugs for different wheels on the same car. You need to check on this before you install them.

Old 10-24-2007, 10:58 PM
Originally Posted by Tiger
Manufacturers do use different lugs for different wheels on the same car. You need to check on this before you install them.
As I said: They should, call the dealer to be sure.

I have seen a few 2007 G35's with these wheels mounted, on this site. Worst case senerio you need to buy some new lugs. Honestly if you bought after market wheels you'd be buying new lugs anyway, Infiniti lugs are pretty wide. Lugs are not that pricey, considering you are spending $1500 to $2000 for a set of used factory wheels.

Old 10-29-2007, 11:04 PM
Received 205 Likes on 182 Posts
Bump

Old 10-30-2007, 01:20 AM
You just getting the rims? Or rims+tires? Aren't the M wheels 19's?

Old 10-30-2007, 01:24 AM
Originally Posted by Robizzle
yes

Old 10-30-2007, 01:26 AM
do the M45 Wheels need spacers for a 07 G sedan?

Old 10-30-2007, 02:22 PM
Originally Posted by Robizzle
Complete package.

Old 10-30-2007, 02:25 PM
Originally Posted by EWG35
The M sport wheels are very nice looking.

1. What parts would I need to install the rims? None, just lugs

2. Do I need spacers? if so what size? I think the offset is close and you would not need spacers.

4. So it is a constant theme on most of these threads to talk about TPS sensors how do I know if I have them (I'm under the assumption that all G35s have them please correct me if I'm wrong) and will they work on the new rims that I am getting. The orignal owner has taken them out of his rims and installed it in the aftermaket rims he purchased. They will fit and yes you have them.

5. Is there anything that I should look out for when inspecting or before buying these rims? Any tricks of the trade I should know about (my cousin told me to take the rims to a rim shop and have the balancing checked out before buying them anything else you guys can think of?) Write a small contract with the seller guaranteeing they are straight. You'll find out when mounting, however any tire shop could spin them up on a balancing machine before mount, just to be sure.

6. The m35 and m45 sport rims are the same correct? I'm not sure but I'd assume so.

Thanks for all the info. this really helps out. I'm trying to pick them up within the next two weeks I'll post pics once they are mounted and balanced.

Old 10-30-2007, 02:35 PM
CLUB MODERATOR
Received 347 Likes on 246 Posts
FYI, I am really new at this stuff so I appreciate any advice you guys can give me and yes I did a search before posting this but could not find any concrete answers on these questions. Alright so I have an 07 Journey G35 sedan and am hopefully picking up a set of m35/m45 sport rims. I have a few questions for everyone out there that has either a. already installed some M sport rims on a sedan or b. is knowlegable enough to know exactly what it would entail.

So my questions are:

1. What parts would I need to install the rims?
Wrench and a jack

2. Do I need spacers? if so what size?
Yes you do. I think +5mm but I'm not sure. Check with Sedan guys for more clear answer.

3. Will the lug nuts that I currently have on car work with the new rims? I currently have the factory 17" rims.
Yes. Lug nuts will work just fine
4. So it is a constant theme on most of these threads to talk about TPS sensors how do I know if I have them (I'm under the assumption that all G35s have them please correct me if I'm wrong) and will they work on the new rims that I am getting. The orignal owner has taken them out of his rims and installed it in the aftermaket rims he purchased.
I have mine without the sensors. I sold my stock 19 rims with sensors. My light only goes on when I drive for a long time without a stop, otherwise it does not. Just check your tire pressure every once in a while. I do it every satt when I wash my car

5. Is there anything that I should look out for when inspecting or before buying these rims? Any tricks of the trade I should know about (my cousin told me to take the rims to a rim shop and have the balancing checked out before buying them anything else you guys can think of?)
If you buying them locally take them to a tire shop and have them balance all 4 wheels. Sometimes you can hit a pot hole or a curb and bent the wheel making it kinda an egg shaped. You will get a vibration from it and it's not fixable. So tire shop will be able to tell if the rim is damaged or not.

6. The m35 and m45 sport rims are the same correct?
No I believe only M45 Has sport rims.

I want to thank you guys in advance for helping me out with this. I know there are a lot of O.G's on here who really know this iss and appreciate any help you guys can give.

P.S. sorry for making this sooo long Just want to make an informed decision.DOMO

Old 10-30-2007, 06:59 PM

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Buying M sport rims need help!!