springs and alignment helpp!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-10-2008, 09:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
springs and alignment helpp!!

ok i am getting my H&R springs installed tomorrow and my car aligned also but im thinking twice about putting on the springs, because people keep telling me no matter how good my car is aligned the tire is still gonna have one side worn out more than the other.... because i don't have the after market chambers..My rims are 245/35/20 35mm front , and rear is 275/30/20 43mm...does anyone have any answers for me??? im really worried dont wanna **** up my suspension

Old 01-10-2008, 10:16 PM
ckp
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
first off. dont align the same day you put your springs on. give it 2-3 weeks, because the springs have to settle before you want to align otherwise your tires will wear premature after the springs settle, unless of course you get another alignment done, but you are better of waiting until they settle. just had springs (Espelir ASD springs) put onto my car yesterday without a camber kit. I am not worried about tire wear issues, people do it ALL the time. Also tire wear depends on how you drive your car, if you dont drive real hard you really don't have much to worry about. I baby my car, which is why i am not too worried, and plus after i put new tires on, i am going to put on tires that will give me more miles, and not as sporty as the one's that come stock. my .02$. Goodluck! p.s. go for the springs it's well worth it!

Old 01-10-2008, 10:23 PM
Originally Posted by ckp
first off. dont align the same day you put your springs on. give it 2-3 weeks, because the springs have to settle before you want to align otherwise your tires will wear premature after the springs settle, unless of course you get another alignment done, but you are better of waiting until they settle. just had springs (Espelir ASD springs) put onto my car yesterday without a camber kit. I am not worried about tire wear issues, people do it ALL the time. Also tire wear depends on how you drive your car, if you dont drive real hard you really don't have much to worry about. I baby my car, which is why i am not too worried, and plus after i put new tires on, i am going to put on tires that will give me more miles, and not as sporty as the one's that come stock. my .02$. Goodluck! p.s. go for the springs it's well worth it!
k dude thnx for help..with this size it shouldn't rub with 3 peeps in back right?

Old 01-10-2008, 10:29 PM
Received 80 Likes on 65 Posts
Honda Accord
If you get a camber kit.. it should be fine.

Beware tho', there isn't, technicallly, front camber kit available although few people have reported that Stillen has already released a set for the front. You can get SPC (I believe is out) or Eibach camber kit for the rear tho'.

I'm also getting my Eibach soon... I'm just trying to find a reputable installer around my area with the best price. One place quoted me around $750 for the Eibach pro-kit and Eibach rear camber kit installed, and I probably will be doing it. BTW, it's Corner 3 Garage of Lake Forest, California that I got quoted from... if anyone wants to know.

As for alignment, I've heard Firestone has the best equipment along with their life time alignment deal for around $130 which is a killer deal for anyone with a car that is lowered/camber adjusted.

Old 01-10-2008, 10:57 PM
ckp
no it shouldn't rub, i had my car full 5 people, everyone about 200lb except me.

Old 01-10-2008, 11:01 PM
ckp
I am doing the firestone 130 dollar alignment. it makes most sense because i plan on getting alignments often, so its cheaper in the long run obviously. this is probably a better way to keep your tire wear as regular as possible for a car that is lowered.

Originally Posted by Fast07GSdn
If you get a camber kit.. it should be fine.

Beware tho', there isn't, technicallly, front camber kit available although few people have reported that Stillen has already released a set for the front. You can get SPC (I believe is out) or Eibach camber kit for the rear tho'.

I'm also getting my Eibach soon... I'm just trying to find a reputable installer around my area with the best price. One place quoted me around $750 for the Eibach pro-kit and Eibach rear camber kit installed, and I probably will be doing it. BTW, it's Corner 3 Garage of Lake Forest, California that I got quoted from... if anyone wants to know.

As for alignment, I've heard Firestone has the best equipment along with their life time alignment deal for around $130 which is a killer deal for anyone with a car that is lowered/camber adjusted.

Old 01-10-2008, 11:03 PM

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
Wow ... I think getting three 200 pound adults in the back is a greater acheivement than the car not rubbing!

Originally Posted by ckp
no it shouldn't rub, i had my car full 5 people, everyone about 200lb except me.

Old 01-10-2008, 11:18 PM
lmaoo great il get the deal from Firestone and il get it aligned tomorrow also just for the heck of it ahh its gonna look sick will post pics when done

Old 01-11-2008, 01:01 AM
ckp
ya i can't wait to take pics of mine too!!

Old 01-11-2008, 01:02 AM
ckp
Originally Posted by terrycs
Wow ... I think getting three 200 pound adults in the back is a greater acheivement than the car not rubbing!
lol tell me about it! i dont know how they fit!