H&R sway bars shipped.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-13-2008, 05:41 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
H&R sway bars shipped.

H&R sway bars have shipped. They're leaving out from Indiana today and I'll have them next week, although I'll be on vacation so I won't be able to get them on until the following. I've been told they are, in fact, for an 07/08 G35 Sedan... But, I still have this concern that they're for an 07 G35 coupe, as this wouldn't be the first time I've hear people swear to me that they'll fit my sedan when they're for the 07 coupe.

I've given a stock to Stillen review here: https://g35driver.com/forums/tech-07...fo-review.html

The Stillen sways are similar diameters to the stockers but they're of a different, heavier material than the stockers. Here's the weights I measured:

Stock ... Stillen ... H&R
F- 6.5 ... 11.2 .... ?
R- 4.8 ... 8.2 ...... ?

So now, I'll be giving a Stillen to H&R review (provided they fit) and I hope the H&Rs outperform the Stillens. The H&R front bar is 36mm and stock is around 24mm. The H&R rear sway bar is 23mm and the stocker is like 20mm. I'll be measuring the weight of the H&Rs as well. I paid around $245 for the Stillens and the H&Rs cost me just over $500... so for double the money, I hope they 1) fit and 2) are worth the extra cost. We'll see.

EDIT: Also wanted to add that the both the front and rear H&R bar is adjustable.

H&R Sway Bars

Stillen Sway Bars

Last edited by sredish; 08-13-2008 at 06:47 PM.
Old 08-13-2008, 05:46 PM
Received 217 Likes on 146 Posts
Great info please keep us updated

Old 08-13-2008, 05:49 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Do you know if they'll fit on an X?

Old 08-13-2008, 06:03 PM
Received 184 Likes on 159 Posts
Sounds good, keep us posted, i really hope they fit!!! where did you get them from?? Oh so many things to get and not enough money to spend....

Old 08-13-2008, 06:50 PM
I just added a picture of the H&Rs that I found and followed it up with the Stillens for comparison. I ordered them from Kyle at Tirerack as I've ordered tires and stuff from him in the past and everything has gone perfectly, he's very easy to work with.

After looking at the pictures of the H&R bars, they have the same bends so I'm pretty sure they'll fit, not too mention I spoke to Kyle again after my original post above and reconfirmed that he talked to H&R and it's verified these bars will fit the 07 / 08 sedans. Now, I'm not sure at all about the X, can't answer that.

Can't wait to get them.... I think they're really going to work well and my Stillens will be for sale as soon as these new ones are on and confirmed to fit.

Old 08-20-2008, 08:20 PM
It's confirmed. They've been delivered at the office and are waiting for install. I'll be home on Sunday and will most likely get to them on Monday.

Old 08-20-2008, 08:34 PM
Received 217 Likes on 146 Posts
yay waiting to hear your review before i order

Old 08-21-2008, 01:00 AM
do take pics if you can of the install to show clearance if you can, thanks

Old 08-21-2008, 08:57 AM
I'll take pics of the bars sitting next to the stillen, and probably the stockers since they're still around as well. I'll weigh them, then install them and take pictures of the mounting points.

The front stillen bar, where it mounted to the endlink, was very very close to the control arm. I took it for a small drive then back to check for rubbing or anything and nothing. I've checked it a couple more times with no problems. So, even though it's pretty close, it seems to be fine with that. Now, the front H&R bar is a lot fatter, so we'll see how that one works out.

Old 08-21-2008, 09:41 AM

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
Do you have a sport or a journey?

Old 08-21-2008, 11:46 AM
where did you get them from and what are they priced at compared to the stillen?

edit: Nevermind I see the price now...double.

Old 08-24-2008, 08:31 PM
I have a Journey, non-sport.

They were right at like $505 shipped and they were special order items that I ordered through my buddy Kyle at Tirerack.com.

Now for part 1 of the news. They're not installed yet but I've taken them out of the box and looked them over and weighed them. I have three comments thus far:

1) The rear bar is right at 9.0 lbs, so that puts it nearly a pound heavier than the Stillen rear.

2) The rear bar seems to be shaped differently than the Stillen I installed. When looking up by model and year, it pulls up this part I now have. When I pull up all Infiniti models, it pulls up the G35 sedan as a 2003-up 6MT part and only one part number and one set of sway bars for this. So, now I'm worried again about fitment.

3) The front bar is FREAKING HUGE. 36mm = 1.41", so nearly 1-1/2". Here's the big one... It weighs 23.8 mammoth pounds.

Nonetheless. After having it in hand, I'm noticing some subtle bend differences and am now thinking it's for the 03 - 06 Sedan and not sure what I need to do, guess pull the Stillens just so I can see firsthand none of it fits. I'll try the front first. I might measure the overall width from endlink to endlink and see if there's a difference there; if there is and it's decent enough, then I'll know w/o having to pull it. I specifically discussed it with Kyle several times and he's done his part checking with H&R multiple times about fitment on an 08 G35 Sedan and they've confirmed it multiple times. I have a hard time believing a company like H&R is clueless to the body change but guess it happens. I will say this as my parting shot... if you own an 03-06 sedan and these for sure fit that, then these are THE bars to have on that car. This front bar is just awesome.

To be continued.........

Old 08-24-2008, 08:39 PM
The H&R also have the 03-06 G35 springs listed as the same parts for the 07-08's but when I called to see if they redesigned it they stated that it's not been redesigned, not made for the 07-08's and shouldn't be listed on their site as such and that was a mistake on their parts which needs to get corrected.

The springs obviously fit, but I don't think H&R has done an ounce of R&D on the redesigned 07-08 models and just assumed the spring rates between the years remained unaltered, although they definately were modified.

If there's only one hump in the bar it's not going to fit. The hump would be for the single exhaust. Ours and the G37's have two humps for the dual exhaust.

My guess is H&R doesn't have a clue.

Old 08-24-2008, 08:45 PM
yea, i agree. i'm frickin bummed and pissed. the rear I can deal with but dammit I want that fatter front bar on there. I'm fairly sure its not going to fit and was a waste. So, when I have to send these back, I might take that $500 and send it to japanparts.com on some TommyKaira springs to play with. We'll see tho.

Last edited by sredish; 08-24-2008 at 09:15 PM.
Old 08-25-2008, 08:18 PM
Keep us posted, but judging by the pics you posted the Front looks like it might just fit(comparing to stillen) while the rear looks off a bit...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: H&R sway bars shipped.