Tanabe NF210 Lowering Springs

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-25-2009, 10:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yayyy! goooood luck! keep us updated w. pics!

Old 02-25-2009, 10:11 PM
Received 85 Likes on 74 Posts
You gotta get these installed before the group buy is gone!!!

Old 02-25-2009, 10:28 PM
Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by Ggirl35
yayyy! goooood luck! keep us updated w. pics!
Thanks, Ggirl... Seeing your car definitely helped me make my decision. I'll be sure to post some after pics once I get them installed. Hopefully I'll get a chance to install them this weekend.

Originally Posted by AesonVirus
You gotta get these installed before the group buy is gone!!!
Hehe... I know what you mean. I had to make my decision quickly before Rick sold out... I think that Rick actually only has one or two sets left for the group buy price, so act fast.

I'll definitely post some decent before and after pics and measurements, so you guys know what you can expect.

Also, you might be interested to know that I spoke to Adam at Eibach today (they're office is only about 5 or 6 miles from my house), and asked him the difference between the two different part numbers that they have in their system for the V36 sedan and the V36 coupe springs. Basically he told me that the V36 sedan and coupe both have the same length front springs stock, but the rear springs on the coupe are about .2 - .3" shorter than the sedan. He also mentioned that the coupe springs have slightly higher spring rates than the sedan stock. The difference between their 6383.140 & 6388.140 springs is the length and spring rates. The sedan Eibach springs (6383.140) drop the car 1.4" up front and 1.3" in the back and the spring rates are about 15% heavier than stock. If you use the G37 coupe Eibach springs (6388.140) on the sedan then it will drop the car approximately 1.2" up front and 1.0" in the rear, but the spring rates will be even heavier than their sedan springs. He said they have actually sold a couple of coupes sets for use on the sedan, so it is possible to use them if you want slightly less of a drop and slightly heavier spring rates. He also mentioned for people that don't want the full drop, that they have used Energy Suspension's Coil Spring Isolators to raise the vehicle up slightly. These actually replace the factory spring isolators with slightly thicker ones depending on the ride height you are looking for. He said that these are perfectly safe to use and will not affect the ride at all.

Here's the link that I got from Eibach:

http://www.energysuspension.com/pages/sboots.html

I plan to go with a 1/4" or 3/8" thick isolator on the rear if I think the Tanabe springs are a little too low in the rear... We'll see once I install them.

I am also buying a set of used Eibach springs for the G37 coupe, so I'll have plenty of different lowering options to try out in the future. I'll post my results for all of the different set-ups once I have had a chance to try them out.

Old 02-25-2009, 11:15 PM
question... what are the advantages of having higher spring rates.
and would we need a chamber kit with the Tanabe NF210 Lowering Springs ?

Old 02-26-2009, 02:55 AM
higher springs rates will typically give you a stiffer ride... This has some advantages and disadvantages. The main advantages are less lean around the bends and increased traction / tire contact with the road... less bounce... however, if the springs are too stiff, then that can actually cause the tires to loose contact with the road particularly on rough surfaces. Heavier spring rates will typically cause the car to ride rougher and can even wear out your stock shocks more quickly.

These springs are only 5% higher spring rates than stock, so they should be a pretty decent compromise between ride comfort and handling, especially when combined with the Hotchkis sway bars.

I read another post on here where the person used these springs and was able to align the car to within factory specs without a camber kit, so I'm hoping to have the same results... I'll know for sure once I get them installed, though. Keep watching this thread for updates.

Old 02-26-2009, 07:32 AM
Originally Posted by 2GoRNot2G
higher springs rates will typically give you a stiffer ride... This has some advantages and disadvantages. The main advantages are less lean around the bends and increased traction / tire contact with the road... less bounce... however, if the springs are too stiff, then that can actually cause the tires to loose contact with the road particularly on rough surfaces. Heavier spring rates will typically cause the car to ride rougher and can even wear out your stock shocks more quickly.

These springs are only 5% higher spring rates than stock, so they should be a pretty decent compromise between ride comfort and handling, especially when combined with the Hotchkis sway bars.

I read another post on here where the person used these springs and was able to align the car to within factory specs without a camber kit, so I'm hoping to have the same results... I'll know for sure once I get them installed, though. Keep watching this thread for updates.

i have no chamber kit w. stock shocks-(but then again i dont know how big of a dif. the sedan n coupe r with that stuff, and im on gf210's not nf210s.) i got them installed around november.. still didnt get an alignment believe it or not, its still straight-no problems. the ride is much different and i love it. there was a noticeable difference in handling... only thing is ... no car washed for me :-x thats the only disadvantage.. i always have to wash my car or go to a self place. lol.

Old 02-26-2009, 10:22 AM
Adrian get your mods installed asap! The drop on the eibach coupe springs sound sweet, but i'm afraid it will be too stiff. Get those pics up, and also let us know how the gt braces feel b/c im considering those two specifically

Old 02-26-2009, 10:57 AM
Originally Posted by Ggirl35
i have no chamber kit w. stock shocks-(but then again i dont know how big of a dif. the sedan n coupe r with that stuff, and im on gf210's not nf210s.) i got them installed around november.. still didnt get an alignment believe it or not, its still straight-no problems. the ride is much different and i love it. there was a noticeable difference in handling... only thing is ... no car washed for me :-x thats the only disadvantage.. i always have to wash my car or go to a self place. lol.
That's good to know, Ggirl. I hope mine turns out as well as yours. Thanks for the info...

One word of caution, though... You may still want to have the alignment checked, because even if the car tracks straight, the camber (and/or rear toe) still might be out of specs, which could cause your tires to wear out prematurely. The suspension on our cars, particularly the rear, has some camber arc, which causes the top of the tires to kick in more when the suspension is compressed (i.e. suspension being lowered)... This can cause excessive negative camber, which if it is too much can wear out your tires fairly quickly... Just something you might want to look into.

Anyway, not being able to go through car washes isn't all bad... Those things are horrible for the clear coat finish on your car anyway. Your better off doing it by hand or finding someone to wash it for you.

Originally Posted by d_cecc629
Adrian get your mods installed asap! The drop on the eibach coupe springs sound sweet, but i'm afraid it will be too stiff. Get those pics up, and also let us know how the gt braces feel b/c im considering those two specifically
Hey Daniel... I'm working on it. I'm hoping to have the new GT Spec braces installed today or tomorrow and maybe the exhaust and springs this weekend. I'll definitely let you know what I think of the stuff as I install it. I'm thinking the same thing about the Eibach's for the coupe, but if they aren't too stiff, then the drop should work out to be just about perfect.

FYI... Off topic... Have you received your Berks off the group buy yet?

Old 02-26-2009, 11:36 AM
No! I havent yet. I'm starting to worry b/c i think Andy was supposed to send them out like last week and still haven't recieved a tracking number yet. I might email him later but don't want to be a pain Thanks for asking!

Old 02-26-2009, 11:43 AM
Yeah, no problem... I'm in the same boat... I've already contacted him several times and don't want to be a nuisance. Seems only 2 people (maybe 3) have gotten their's so far. It's funny, though, because when I contacted Berk before setting up the GB, they told me that they had plenty of these in-stock, so there would be no waiting, so I'm not sure why we are waiting. LOL

Old 02-26-2009, 12:01 PM
[QUOTE=2GoRNot2G;3957312]That's good to know, Ggirl. I hope mine turns out as well as yours. Thanks for the info...

One word of caution, though... You may still want to have the alignment checked, because even if the car tracks straight, the camber (and/or rear toe) still might be out of specs, which could cause your tires to wear out prematurely. The suspension on our cars, particularly the rear, has some camber arc, which causes the top of the tires to kick in more when the suspension is compressed (i.e. suspension being lowered)... This can cause excessive negative camber, which if it is too much can wear out your tires fairly quickly... Just something you might want to look into.

Anyway, not being able to go through car washes isn't all bad... Those things are horrible for the clear coat finish on your car anyway. Your better off doing it by hand or finding someone to wash it for you.

truee.

haha yeaaaa. just gotta wait for the weather to actually get warm! ive been going to a self car wash but they suck and the one i go to smells

Old 02-26-2009, 01:22 PM
Hahah... Yeah, I see you live in Jersey. I'm from NY originally, so I know what your Winters can be like. Just move out here to Southern California and you can wash you car any time you want.

Me thinks someone's been washing some sour Honda's at your car wash... Time to find a new car wash...

Old 02-26-2009, 07:25 PM
Found a place in here in So Cal that supplys and installs the NF210 springs for under $375. Just placed my order for and they will be installed next week.

Old 02-26-2009, 08:38 PM
^ Awesome! Did you get the springs from RIck @ Riverside on the group buy, or did you get them from the other supplier?

Make sure to let us know what you think once you get them installed!

Old 02-26-2009, 08:48 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just got the NF210's and put them on my G, and they seem really nice. It is a very modest drop which I wanted to close up some of the fender gap. They also feel very close to stock. I will post some pictures asap.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Tanabe NF210 Lowering Springs