Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-16-2009, 04:56 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
lol.... too funny

Old 07-16-2009, 05:21 PM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
You forget that Alan was corrupted by his brief affair with a certain RWD Honduhhh

Old 07-17-2009, 02:17 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
MODEL: Tanabe Sustec Pro S-0C
MIN-MAX: f 0.5 - 3.125" / r 0.125 – 1.5"
SPRINGS f/r: 10kg/9kg; linear
DAMPER: preset
UPPER MOUNT: rubber
MSRP:$990

Ian, here's another one for the list.
The rear max drop is weird at only 1.5" though...not sure if it's right but I got this info from Lou@Amplified on myG37.com :S

Old 07-17-2009, 04:16 AM
Received 80 Likes on 65 Posts
Honda Accord
Originally Posted by E-Ticket Ride
15/10? Holy F Did you read my review thread? I swore I caught air on a big freeway bump on a curved section when I was set at 9/7. I can't imagine what 15/10 is like lol.

You crazy Alan, you crazy
No no no. I meant to say that my rear setting is at 10 outta 15. My front is usually 12.

I'd like to try stiffer springs in the rear with better tires. My FK452s loved to lose grip in hard turns with my current settings (10 for coil, med for swaybar). We'll see how do the new PZeros fare.

I'd love to have higher spring rates all around with lower damping setting for just daily ride. I initially wanted to try out HKS HM3, but I've heard they are real tame for street use ideally so is the KW3. It seems like Tein MT w/ EDFC might be my next choice. Well, we'll see if I can save up some quarters for these. lol

Old 07-17-2009, 04:37 AM
Received 55 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by B L U E S L A T E
No no no. I meant to say that my rear setting is at 10 outta 15. My front is usually 12.

I'd like to try stiffer springs in the rear with better tires. My FK452s loved to lose grip in hard turns with my current settings (10 for coil, med for swaybar). We'll see how do the new PZeros fare.

I'd love to have higher spring rates all around with lower damping setting for just daily ride. I initially wanted to try out HKS HM3, but I've heard they are real tame for street use ideally so is the KW3. It seems like Tein MT w/ EDFC might be my next choice. Well, we'll see if I can save up some quarters for these. lol
Well, 12/10 is still pretty fuggin stiff I had it on 10/10 and it was bad. I can only imagine that 12/10 is worse lol. You must have nice roads over there

The bad thing about the HKS Hipermax's (IMO) is that the rear is one individual unit, similar to the K-Sports. There is no separate spring/damper. What concerns me is the stress the shock tower will see as a result of the components being one unit versus two individual pieces. Also, the rear upper mount is composed of only 2 bolts, and not 3 (like the front) or 4 (like many other vehicles), which concerns me as far as the strength of the mount and surrounding metal.

The stock suspension see stress applied over two places (damper and spring), while the HKS only applies stress over that one location. I'm not sure the rear was meant to be suspended that way, and I would think that if there was a benefit that Infiniti would have installed a single unit vs. 2 pieces. I could be wrong though, but that was a concern for me regarding the HKS.

The KW, as far as I can tell, does not separate the height adjustment from the spring pre load. It looks as though lowering the car will change the pre load, which isn't an ideal set up. Here's a link to forged's thread:

KW Link

Again, not the ideal set up in my mind.

Old 07-17-2009, 07:43 AM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Well, 12/10 is still pretty fuggin stiff I had it on 10/10 and it was bad. I can only imagine that 12/10 is worse lol. You must have nice roads over there

The bad thing about the HKS Hipermax's (IMO) is that the rear is one individual unit, similar to the K-Sports. There is no separate spring/damper. What concerns me is the stress the shock tower will see as a result of the components being one unit versus two individual pieces. Also, the rear upper mount is composed of only 2 bolts, and not 3 (like the front) or 4 (like many other vehicles), which concerns me as far as the strength of the mount and surrounding metal.

The stock suspension see stress applied over two places (damper and spring), while the HKS only applies stress over that one location. I'm not sure the rear was meant to be suspended that way, and I would think that if there was a benefit that Infiniti would have installed a single unit vs. 2 pieces. I could be wrong though, but that was a concern for me regarding the HKS.

The KW, as far as I can tell, does not separate the height adjustment from the spring pre load. It looks as though lowering the car will change the pre load, which isn't an ideal set up. Here's a link to forged's thread:

KW Link

I agree completely about the HKS,
IMO it severely compromises the structural integrity of the car.

& the other thing with the KWs is the non-linear springs.

Old 07-17-2009, 12:08 PM

KW Link

I should carify the above in bold. The mount of the damper itself isn't a concern, but it's the mounting area of the vehicle that's questionable with the increase in stress from a 1 pc unit.

Old 07-25-2009, 06:27 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I'll be gettign Tanabe's coilovers after reading some reviews:

http://myg37.com/forums/supporting-v...otorsport.html

http://myg37.com/forums/brakes-and-s...coilovers.html

I like to put and forget, beside i'm not sure about the 0.5 drop in the front, Lou told me the min.drop is 0.2, so i'll keep stock hight almost, my car is daily driver and i don't like adjusting stuff.

Q8_Drifter if you need to see them or try driving my car (if you didn't get any coilovers your self) pm me, i'll be getting them as soon as Lou get them in mid/late August, i feel like falling in love with them before seeing them.

Old 07-27-2009, 12:34 AM
Received 41 Likes on 26 Posts
Thanks for the offer i might get mine about the same time as yours. Don't forget to get some spacers or your wheels will be way too tucked in lol.

Old 07-27-2009, 03:43 AM
I think no need for spacers, what are your getting? JIC or Tanabe?

Old 08-01-2009, 05:49 AM
I should carify the above in bold. The mount of the damper itself isn't a concern, but it's the mounting area of the vehicle that's questionable with the increase in stress from a 1 pc unit.
I'm not sure about the HKS being 1 unti at the rear, i've seen them on a 370z on myg37 forums and the spring we seperated from the shock, here's a link:

http://myg37.com/forums/picture-shar...uding-g2s.html

On the other hand it might be something different than the g35, anyone can confirm? better with a picture.

Old 08-01-2009, 10:13 PM
Received 41 Likes on 26 Posts
gettin Tanabe's. trust me the wheels will tuck in even more than stock lol

Old 08-11-2009, 01:40 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
any reviews or opinions on megan coilovers?

Old 08-13-2009, 05:22 PM
Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts
Anyone running the new JIC FLT-TAR VIP's with the lower spring rates yet?

Old 08-13-2009, 05:29 PM
Originally Posted by G35s-Dude
I'm not sure about the HKS being 1 unti at the rear, i've seen them on a 370z on myg37 forums and the spring we seperated from the shock, here's a link:

http://myg37.com/forums/picture-shar...uding-g2s.html

On the other hand it might be something different than the g35, anyone can confirm? better with a picture.
I thought that too, but one vendor was quoted in his thread saying the rear was indeed a single unit.

I'm not totally positive on that, so I was just going off what that vendor stated. If it is a single unit, I wouldn't use it. If it's a double unit, then people can consider it if they like the features it provides

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: The V36 Coilover info thread