Lowering Springs That Does Not Need Camber Kit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-14-2009, 01:16 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lowering Springs That Does Not Need Camber Kit

Hey you guys. I saw some H&R on eBay with only 1.0/1.1 drop. Will i need a camber kit? Any other suggestion? I want something that does not require camber kit. Thanks!

Old 07-14-2009, 01:35 AM
Received 168 Likes on 149 Posts
I hear some many different things. The consensus on this forum I think is that you should add a camber kit whenever you drop your car. But then I have heard many different sides saying that camber kit is only necessary if you need neg chamber or you only need a camber kit for the rears. But whether or not you get them you NEED an alignment after a drop.

Old 07-14-2009, 05:02 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The H&R's will drop you a lot more than that. Something around 1.6"/1.4", which means you'll definitely need a camber kit if you don't want to run any camber.

You can get Impul springs for a mild drop but they're quite expensive. Another option is the Tanabe springs but they have rear sag. No one's tried the Tein H-Techs on the 2nd gen sedan yet but those have been known to give a mild drop in the past with no sagging.

You don't really need a camber kit with anything less than the drop of the Eibach springs, just make sure you get an alignment and adjust the toe to as close to spec as possible.

Old 07-14-2009, 05:49 AM
Received 240 Likes on 196 Posts
Technically, a general rule of thumb is you can get by without a camber kit if you don't drop the car more than 1.5". With the Gs, I'd say it's more around 1". Just know that your alignment will still be slightly off and you may wear through tires a bit faster than normal at the least.

Old 07-14-2009, 05:53 AM
Received 240 Likes on 196 Posts
Originally Posted by krnn1cenamja
I hear some many different things. The consensus on this forum I think is that you should add a camber kit whenever you drop your car. But then I have heard many different sides saying that camber kit is only necessary if you need neg chamber or you only need a camber kit for the rears. But whether or not you get them you NEED an alignment after a drop.
Technically, depending on the setup and what you want out of your car, negative camber is not always a bad thing. It's toe that you always need to worry about.

Old 07-14-2009, 09:29 AM
370Z springs for the front (just picked my up yesterday). It's about .8 inches.

Old 07-14-2009, 10:14 AM
Originally Posted by 4drsleeper
370Z springs for the front (just picked my up yesterday). It's about .8 inches.

So they'll fit for sure? If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for them?

Btw, thanks everyone for your comments.

Jenny

Old 07-14-2009, 10:21 AM
Originally Posted by jennychang
So they'll fit for sure? If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for them?

Btw, thanks everyone for your comments.

Jenny
Front's only on the 370Z springs. The rears are about 2" shorter than your stock springs...way to low. For the rear I'm going to shave the rear spring mounts.

You should read this thread.

https://g35driver.com/forums/v36-bra...xperiment.html

Old 07-14-2009, 01:13 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm on Eibach springs and my tires are wearing pretty even.

Old 07-14-2009, 02:50 PM

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
Still very happy w/ Eibach springs:

Isn't your car going to Shanghai? How are the roads over there?

Old 07-14-2009, 09:55 PM
Originally Posted by terrycs
Still very happy w/ Eibach springs:

Isn't your car going to Shanghai? How are the roads over there?
hey, you remember! :-) Yes. It is still going to Shanghai(since i don't think i can get a fair price selling it here in the US). this is why i am trying to get whatever that i want installed done here in the US. It is way too expensive for imports in China. Roads are nice there, in Shanghai, at least.

Old 07-15-2009, 04:57 PM

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
Easy to remember ... not too many women in here asking about shipping their car.

Probably good thinking regarding mods.

But then you also have to look at how sellable the car will be in Shanghai when/if you ever decide to come back to the US. I assume you did not plan to bring it back?

As much as I hate to say it, I think your stock car will do better over there when it comes time to sell. But if you are making a ton of money working outside the US ... who cares!

Old 07-15-2009, 05:58 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
From everything that I have read about dropping your car, your gonna be better off getting a camber kit.

Even IMPULS (the most subtle drop your going to see from springs - I dunno about tanabe's though) ... will still end up with uneven wear on tires.

Tanabe's will give you a saggy bum unless you do another mod on top of that to even it out. Which I doubt you'll be interested in.

So whichever route you go, I suggest getting a camber kit. Might as well do it right the first time.

Old 07-15-2009, 06:30 PM
Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts
Camber kits are always OPTIONAL. I do not understand why people make sucha big fuss about it. It's all just personal preference, some people prefer running a bit of negative camber for fitment, handling, etc. And some want 0 degree of negative camber so they can save $$$ on tires.

It all depends on what you're looking for.

If you go with H&R's, be advised that you will end up with about 1.6 - 1.8 degree of negative camber.

Old 07-15-2009, 11:01 PM
Originally Posted by terrycs
Easy to remember ... not too many women in here asking about shipping their car.

Probably good thinking regarding mods.

But then you also have to look at how sellable the car will be in Shanghai when/if you ever decide to come back to the US. I assume you did not plan to bring it back?

As much as I hate to say it, I think your stock car will do better over there when it comes time to sell. But if you are making a ton of money working outside the US ... who cares!

i checked already; a new G35 over there is about $60-$65K USD! I think i could still get a pretty good deal for a resale, since they don't have many of them.

I don't mind spending the money, b/c it is going to turn heads when they see it! :-) They don't do much mods there, so it'll be interesting to see their reactions seeing a G with mods.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Lowering Springs That Does Not Need Camber Kit