Bridgestone Potenza RE760 Sport Tire

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-19-2009, 03:39 PM
Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts
Hey man. I definitely appreciate the input!

As you mentioned, I am VERY picky about which manufacturer of tires I use. I actually sold tires for over 8 years, managed a Sears Auto Center for a number of years, and also worked as a Field Trainer for Michelin back in the mid '90's, so I've seen some really crappy tires. I remember back when Falken and Nitto were trying to break into this market and we had so many quality issues (slipped belts, broken belts, etc) with those tires that I refused to carry them in my store for many years. We even had more failures with Goodyear tires than I would expect and for that reason I will never buy tires from Goodyear... although I am considering a set of the new Goodyear MTR's with Kevlar for my truck, even after years of good luck with the BFG MTR's. I've been running either Michelin / BFG (I'd actually love to get a set of PS2's, but without my employee discount they are just too expensive), or Bridgestone tires for years and have never had any problems, so those are typically the only brands I will consider. Yokohama and Pirelli are also quality brands that I would consider... but Hankook for me hasn't proven their quality yet, so I'll just wait it out and see how they do over the next few years before thinking about making that plunge. LOL

Old 08-23-2009, 09:39 AM
MoJ
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had the 760's on my 350Z before I sold it. No complaints.

Car&Driver tested them a few months ago.

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...mparison_tests

Old 08-23-2009, 03:48 PM
Thanks for the info. I've seen that test before... very informative.

Old 08-27-2009, 09:16 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Just to throw in more options, I've had the Kumho Ecsta SPT in several sizes. These are great tires which I can vouch are better handlers than the RE050As. They must be better in the wet also, than the Ecsta XS tested by C&D, since many autocrossers use them in these conditions. Great treadwear also.

Old 08-27-2009, 05:34 PM
Received 240 Likes on 196 Posts
Originally Posted by aozmaxed
Just to throw in more options, I've had the Kumho Ecsta SPT in several sizes. These are great tires which I can vouch are better handlers than the RE050As. They must be better in the wet also, than the Ecsta XS tested by C&D, since many autocrossers use them in these conditions. Great treadwear also.
Bridgestones perform the same almost all the way down to the last bit of tread. I've never had Khumos or Falkens last like that before... most of the time, the handling fades away with the tread... for those of us not tracking our cars, we'd like a tire that not only has a long life, but we want a tire that doesn't lose performance and comfort as time goes by.

Old 08-31-2009, 01:22 PM
Originally Posted by aozmaxed
Thanks for your input, it is definitely appreciated... but, unfortunately, I have not had the same experience with the Kumho Ecsta SPT's. I had these on another car and although they handle great, I found them to be much to noisy and rough. They also didn't wear evenly and I ended up replacing them after only 5 or 6K miles (not because they were worn out, but because I couldn't stand driving the car anymore) with a set of Bridgestone RE750's, which I've now had on the same car for apx 15K miles and I still love them.

Originally Posted by dofu
Bridgestones perform the same almost all the way down to the last bit of tread. I've never had Khumos or Falkens last like that before... most of the time, the handling fades away with the tread... for those of us not tracking our cars, we'd like a tire that not only has a long life, but we want a tire that doesn't lose performance and comfort as time goes by.
Yup, that's been my experience with the Kumho's, as well... A great tire when you first put them on, but the ride and handling degrade quickly as the tire wears.