Shudder at 40mph (~60km/h)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-29-2009, 10:02 PM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
An update:
Went to the dealer, they said the couldn't feel the problem. Came back in, went for a drive myself with the service manager and I was able to reproduce the shudder on a road where I remember it always happening. The manager agreed that it wasn't normal and I suggested to him that a member here (treacherous) fixed the issue with an ECU reflash with newer software<--Thanks Treacherous!

So I gave the manager the TSB for the '07s for the "throttle sensitivity - ITB08-017a", seeing as it involved reflashing ECU to newer version software. This didn't apply to my 08 as I apparently 08s have a whole different revision of software. ie: no JK69_a,b,c,or d in the software version number). Those with 07s, just for your reference, the latest flash is 23710-JK69D to fix this issue.

So for those with the 08 as opposed to the 07, the latest flash version is # 23710-1NA8C. The old version I had was 23710-1NA8A.

So now for the driving experience...I felt no difference in respect to throttle response, shifting, etc. The car drove pretty much exactly as it did when I brought it in. I guess the 08's never had that touchy throttle in the first place. Driving home, I felt no shudder at 60 (VERY EXCITED). I decided to wait for the girl to come home and we went out for a nice long cruise, holding 40mph (60kmh) as much as possible...no shudder, even on the same road that would almost guarantee it to shudder.

Guys, I think I nailed it. It's been a great day, the dealer was great to deal with and the car drives smooth as it should. I'll chime back in a couple weeks to update if all's still good, but appears that the reflash fixed it.

Thanks again to Treacherous for the help, I don't think they believed it themselves that the ECU reflash would fix the problem.

I'm now a more happier G driver!

Old 10-29-2009, 10:53 PM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
I am glad you finally have the problem resolved John.
Nice to hear the Dealer worked with you on this to fix the dreaded shudder.

Old 10-30-2009, 12:54 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
John Which dealer was this done at? I might have to swing by to ask them to do it. I'll try Guelph first but not getting my hopes up too high.

Old 10-30-2009, 07:50 AM
Originally Posted by tg1234
John Which dealer was this done at? I might have to swing by to ask them to do it. I'll try Guelph first but not getting my hopes up too high.
Guelph has been good with me. I have got a couple reflashes done with them no problem.

Old 10-30-2009, 08:23 AM
I had a different experience with them. But that was with the stupid grill. That could be why. I'll try to ask them first. Hope they will be nice and do it.

Thanks

Old 10-30-2009, 08:27 AM
Originally Posted by tg1234
I had a different experience with them. But that was with the stupid grill. That could be why. I'll try to ask them first. Hope they will be nice and do it.

Thanks
That's too bad. I also had my 07 Sedan pitting grill replaced with no problem there.
I sent you a PM. (Let's say I tried to send you a PM but it says you have chosen not to recieve PMs)
Wayne

Last edited by GEE35FX; 10-30-2009 at 08:32 AM.
Old 10-30-2009, 11:10 AM
Originally Posted by GEE35FX
That's too bad. I also had my 07 Sedan pitting grill replaced with no problem there.
I sent you a PM. (Let's say I tried to send you a PM but it says you have chosen not to recieve PMs)
Wayne
Hm interesting. Do you know how I can change the setting? I tried to look around in the setting but can't find anything related to it. I've recieved 9 pm's before and never changed anything in the setting. That's weird.

I try to send you a pm se if it works.

*EDIT* Never mind. Fixed it. It was turned off. Oups.

Also sorry for the thread hijacking!

Last edited by tg1234; 10-30-2009 at 11:25 AM.
Old 10-30-2009, 11:45 AM
^^replied

Old 10-30-2009, 01:41 PM
I dropped at my dealer quickly and asked about it. (Wayne I've talked to Mike) They don't have any info on the version 23710-1NA8C. However they said there is an update on the TCU what may apply to my car. I have to take it in sometimes to see what they say.

Seeing the fix is not the TCU but the ECU update not sure what to do.

Old 10-30-2009, 05:38 PM
My apologies for the late reply...

Wayne: Thanks for the kind words, I'm happy it's been dealt with and made me love the G even more. By the way, awesome avatar, beach setting and all, wow! Those rims are hot.

tg1234:
As for the dealer, I went to 401 - Dixie Infiniti in Mississauga. I won't say they're throwing reflashes out for the hell of it, but now you have an excellent chance as I had mine done. If your Guelph dealer gives you an issue, you can feel free to try mine out. Just mention my name's John with the white 08 g35X, dropped on black/machined rims. They'll know who I am. I have an invoice # if they still give you issues after that (PM me).

Remember, the flash numbers are different based on 08 and 07. Feel free to try the TCU flash, just chime back in and give us your TCU flash version numbers, old and new, to help us out. I can't guarantee mine is 100% fixed as it may be too early to tell and ECU may be learning. It may be an option I or others may have to look into.

I hope this thread will be the end all be all of shuddering problems being fixed with all available alternative fix options covered.

Old 10-30-2009, 09:46 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Johnnyzee, that is awesome so glad you got it fixed!!! Will stay tuned. I just picked up my G today, got a new steering wheel, second driver seat, all four door handles replaced, the gas tank kit installed (I couldn't fill my tank all the way), all the weather stripping replaced and the rear passenger wind noise fixed. I'm so happy! My service advisor said I was her biggest ticket item today! I decided to wait on the valve body to see what yours turned out to be. I will bring it in on my next oil change and request the new TSB on the reflash. Thanks again for the update, and I will let you guys know if it works out for me.

Old 10-30-2009, 09:48 PM
John thanks for the info. I probably wait few weeks to see if the fix you've got is working.

About the TCU update:I'd hate to get the TCU updated and find out later it was not the cause but ending up with something else. LOL So if nothing changes with your status I probably end up going to get the ECU flash from Dixie.

Thanks again. Any changes I make sure to let you guys know.

Last edited by tg1234; 10-30-2009 at 09:54 PM.
Old 10-31-2009, 04:56 PM
Originally Posted by baileyt35
Johnnyzee, that is awesome so glad you got it fixed!!! Will stay tuned. I just picked up my G today, got a new steering wheel, second driver seat, all four door handles replaced, the gas tank kit installed (I couldn't fill my tank all the way), all the weather stripping replaced and the rear passenger wind noise fixed. I'm so happy! My service advisor said I was her biggest ticket item today! I decided to wait on the valve body to see what yours turned out to be. I will bring it in on my next oil change and request the new TSB on the reflash. Thanks again for the update, and I will let you guys know if it works out for me.
Damn, sounds like you had a lot of issues there, happy it's all sorted out for you. It's relieving when everythings working as it should. Luckily, I now know the feeling.

As for the reflash guys, so far so good. I'll definitely chime in every so often let you know if the flash is still holding up.

Old 11-02-2009, 03:18 PM
DCG
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

Originally Posted by baileyt35
hmm what was wrong with your seat, my drivers seat has a constant annoying squeak and is bumpy mid track that I'm not sure they'd be willing to fix under warranty. My door handles just do not feel as secure as they should either. what were your symptoms? You didn't mention any trans. shuddering issues, but the one I'm experiencing happens between the 2nd to 3rd shift in auto mode, and in the manual mode it clunks from 2nd to 3rd. Both intermittent of course.... I just got the car in June, feeling as though I got a lemon... BTW 06 coupe

Old 11-02-2009, 10:11 PM
Originally Posted by DCG
hmm what was wrong with your seat, my drivers seat has a constant annoying squeak and is bumpy mid track that I'm not sure they'd be willing to fix under warranty. My door handles just do not feel as secure as they should either. what were your symptoms? You didn't mention any trans. shuddering issues, but the one I'm experiencing happens between the 2nd to 3rd shift in auto mode, and in the manual mode it clunks from 2nd to 3rd. Both intermittent of course.... I just got the car in June, feeling as though I got a lemon... BTW 06 coupe
wow, threadjack and a half...not even the same generation car! damn

BTW...still no shudder guys

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Shudder at 40mph (~60km/h)