Shudder at 40mph (~60km/h)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-03-2009, 12:49 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by johnnyzee
wow, threadjack and a half...not even the same generation car! damn

BTW...still no shudder guys
If the same basic transmission issues could be similar with similar causes.

Old 11-03-2009, 07:16 AM
DCG
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by pfarmer
If the same basic transmission issues could be similar with similar causes.
My bad, but yea the trans is my main issue...

Old 11-03-2009, 02:57 PM
Just wanted to drop in and mention that I have the exact same issue as the OP had. '08 G35x, shudders between 35-40mph when speed is constant on flat or slightly uphill grade.

Took it in to my dealer once, who had no help. Will see if I can get him to apply the re-flash.

Thanks

Old 11-03-2009, 03:34 PM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by GeeWizzard
Just wanted to drop in and mention that I have the exact same issue as the OP had. '08 G35x, shudders between 35-40mph when speed is constant on flat or slightly uphill grade.

Took it in to my dealer once, who had no help. Will see if I can get him to apply the re-flash.

Thanks
Read post#37 which has all the info on flash versions.
Good luck!

Old 11-03-2009, 07:10 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by DCG
My bad, but yea the trans is my main issue...
Hey, not sure what your year is but the TSB they applied to mine was for the 2006-2007. I'd call the stealership and ask if it applies to yours. It wouldn't hurt.

Old 11-03-2009, 07:12 PM
Originally Posted by GeeWizzard

Thanks
Man I'm so glad thusfar my stealership has been a no questions asked type. They are o.k. with me for now...except when they give me a EX for a loaner when they are out of G's. I hate that lil SUV.

Old 11-04-2009, 10:48 AM
DCG
Sweet, I'll check it out. Thanks

Old 11-27-2009, 02:20 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
*******UPDATE*******

Came back from service and they duplicated my issue right away. They will replace transmission valve body assembly as per one of the Canadian Service Bulletin.

That is an awfull big job. They have to pull the tranny. Part is in order and we'll see how it turns out.

Old 11-27-2009, 07:30 PM
Originally Posted by tg1234
*******UPDATE*******

Came back from service and they duplicated my issue right away. They will replace transmission valve body assembly as per one of the Canadian Service Bulletin.

That is an awfull big job. They have to pull the tranny. Part is in order and we'll see how it turns out.
Glad they gave you no hassle. I'm on my 3rd and it is showing signs of shuddering now so I'll be going for another one soon. But I have opted to have them do the ECU reflash first before giving me a 4th valve body. We'll see how it turns out.

Old 11-27-2009, 10:11 PM
Originally Posted by baileyt35
Glad they gave you no hassle. I'm on my 3rd and it is showing signs of shuddering now so I'll be going for another one soon. But I have opted to have them do the ECU reflash first before giving me a 4th valve body. We'll see how it turns out.
So I'll have a hard few years ahead of me? How long was your car in for replacement? Day or 2 maybe? Oh well I'll get a loaner anyways.

Old 11-28-2009, 02:15 PM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
*******UPDATE*******

Find out which Service Bulletin Name/Number you had applied and let us know. It makes the WORLD of difference when someone else is trying to get this issue fixed (and the flash doesn't cut it).

I want this thread to be the end all-be all of shudder fixing

Also, curious, did they even try to reflash your car or did they jump right to it on the valve body assembly?

Old 11-28-2009, 04:24 PM
So I'll have a hard few years ahead of me? How long was your car in for replacement? Day or 2 maybe? Oh well I'll get a loaner anyways.
It hasn't been a hard road. The friendly service of my dealer has made it as easy as coming in for an oil change. It usually takes just a day and they give me a loaner. I continue to really enjoy my car, I just hope the reflash works like it did for Johnnyzee. Once my warranty is up, I doubt the dealer will be as friendly about replacing the valve body. I'll be taking it in for an oil change sometime in January and plan to have the ECU reflash then. Will post back on the outcome then.

Old 03-02-2010, 10:27 PM
Ok, just got back from the dealer, decided to have them do the ECU reflash because the shudder was getting annoying. So I do a ride along with the Technician, cool dude. It shudders 3 times ever so slightly. So he asked to drive it, he feels it to. He said he'd pull the transmission pan and check for shavings etc and the next step will be to get a approval for a new tranny if the shudder doesn't go away, something about the selonoids etc. etc. Got a call around lunch, no shaving in pan, but did find a radiator hose leak. They fixed and did the reflash. On the way home, after about 5 minutes of normal driving, shudder is back. WOW, are we seriuos?! So I got home, changed and jumped back in my car. What happens, push start it started faintly then died out on me. Of course I was like what the crap, this has never happened. Push start again, it started up faint, then died out again. Let it sit for 30 seconds or so then started it again no problem. So I decide to use the manual mode on the highway, as I'm getting to the red light, I downshift to 4, then 3, then 2, and clunk. The car felt like it was going to stall while coming to the stop, like I let the clutch out to early (i drive an auto).

Headed back to the dealer in the morning. Stay tuned...if this car wasn't so darn sexy OMG I'd be driving something else LOL. But I still love this car!

Old 03-03-2010, 08:41 AM
Yeah keep us updated. Mine isn't perfect either. Now the shudder is gone but when it is in D or DS and I have to slow down to around 40kmh and step on it it shifts rough. It shifts 1 gear too low but than it realises and shift right away to a higher gear. All in less than a second. Pretty annoying.

I think your battery might be on its way out with the starting issue.

Old 03-03-2010, 10:16 AM
Received 184 Likes on 159 Posts
Thats sad to hear, looks like they made matters worse, just keep at it and they will probably have to swap out the tranny, after reading few of these incidents im guessing they had a bad batch of trannies initially in 2007 causing infiniti to have a few of you swap them out without actually accepting the issue/problem.

I hope it all works out for you, keep us posted!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Shudder at 40mph (~60km/h)