Shudder at 40mph (~60km/h)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-18-2010, 10:54 AM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Sorry guys, I'm not that up on technology lol. I don't have a scanner!

Old 04-18-2010, 10:44 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
then, please take a picture (you DO have a camera of some sort...right? ? )

It'd really help those of us who's mechanics/service advisors aren't as cooperative

Last edited by heynow; 04-19-2010 at 03:33 PM.
Old 04-19-2010, 06:33 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by heynow
then, please take a picture (you DO have a camera of some sort...right? ? )

It'd really help those of us who's mechanics/service advisors aren't as cooperative
Hey I'm always willing to he fellow members. I didn't think about a camera, I do have a digital camera but the shutter won't open! Piece of crap Kodak cam.

Old 04-20-2010, 09:46 AM
KODAK = FAIL , lmao!! Sorry to hear about all the tech issues

As a last resort, bring the paper in to work and ask the IT guy to scan it for you ahaha

(I appologize for the assumption that you DO have your own IT guy)DOMO

Old 04-26-2010, 09:05 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hows the shuddering issue since the replacement of the Transmission temp sensor? I just called and spoke with the service manager at Infiniti of Nashua, NH who advised that the only thing they can really do is apply the ECU update, which I would like to avoid. How can I push for this trans temp sensor replacement??

Old 04-26-2010, 10:49 AM
Do you guys notice the issue being more prominent on a cold/warm tranny.
Or when it's hot or cold outside?

Old 04-26-2010, 11:12 AM
I didnt seem to notice this as much over the winter, or at least it wasn't as violent as it is now. It seems like the warm weather provokes it a bit.

Old 04-26-2010, 11:45 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mine situation is worse when the car is warm. When the car is stone cold, right out of the garage in the morning, it acts just about like a "normal" car, but that only lasts a few minutes.

Old 04-26-2010, 11:56 AM
Originally Posted by jc68
Mine situation is worse when the car is warm. When the car is stone cold, right out of the garage in the morning, it acts just about like a "normal" car, but that only lasts a few minutes.
Same here.

Old 04-27-2010, 12:11 AM
thanks guys, i wish infiniti was reading this !!

it MUST be something with the temp sensor(s) misreading the ATF temp - making the ATF pressure too high or too low

I'm going in for a tranny flush tomorrow, we'll see what my dealer's take is on this issue

Old 04-27-2010, 01:07 AM
Good luck with that. I'm done banging my head against the "Infiniti Wall".

As I posted previously, Nissan has lost me as a customer, for life, and everyone that I know will be told about how I have been treated. How much do you have to spend on a car to get outstanding customer service? Apparently, more than I can afford.

I get it that some folks are never satisfied, but really? The car exhibits some very odd behavior, and they pretend to be blind about it. Contrary to the belief of some, I'm not totally stupid, so please, Infiniti, don't **** in my face and tell me it's raining. I guess I just hold on to the hope that someone will finally get through to them and I can ride those coattails to a repaired vehicle. Until then, I will live with a substandard car.

Old 04-27-2010, 08:27 AM
jc i hear you buddy. When i call my dealership they tell me to update the ECU, despite me telling them entire thread of dissatisfied customers baffled by this known problem. How could they turn their heads to this? When i call the corporate office, a woman told me I should listen to their advise and issues the throttle sensitivity bulletin. I have an appointment Thursday night to drop my car off to be worked on so i think i might just print this thread out and sit down with the manager and show him all of this. Honestly, i doubt he'll even care. When i spoke with the Service manager yesterday, he told me to "live with it." Is that a joke? Live with a problem that could be fixed if Infiniti would devote a small fraction of their resources to fix. I guess they never paid attention in class when we were all taught "The customer is ALWAYS right." I will NEVER BUY A NISSAN/INFINITI PRODUCT AGAIN. My grand cherokee with a failing transmission performed more smoothly than my 07 g35x with 24,000 miles!!!!

Old 04-27-2010, 08:52 AM
^^ If you have the 07 you actually might want to consider the ECU update. My 07 had the same thing my 08 smoother. Lots of people had the update and it was much smoother on the 07.

Car feel slower due to the smooth shifting. That doesn't mean it is slower but definitely less kicking at the shifts.

Old 04-27-2010, 03:45 PM
that's actually some good advice that i probably needed to hear from someone who has done this. If i am accelerating in D, wehn i get to 3rd gear it feels like the car hits a little blip or bump that actually drops the RPM's. Did you experience this? It's almost as if the car gets confused and forgets what gear it needs to get into.

Old 04-27-2010, 09:38 PM
I was @ the dealer today for the tranny flush.

My service advisor said & i quote:

"These cars can't tell that you're going uphill, so anytime it "struggles" you have to add more throttle to force the TC to unlock"
"The 'throttle sensitivity' TSB was already applied, so there's nothing else to be done"

I must say though. After the flush - no shudder! Drove the exact same route 2x today - no shudder (and the tranny engages more smoothly). They did add some "cleaner" prior to the flush, so i'm skeptical - since those "cleaners" are used to mask existing issues that re-surface a week later

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Shudder at 40mph (~60km/h)