Shudder at 40mph (~60km/h)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-18-2010, 04:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just an FYI, I just wanted to update on this thread too. You can read the update in the link below.

https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-sed...erating-2.html

Old 06-23-2010, 11:20 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'd like to hear from the floks that had this issue fixed (with MAF or Trans Temp sensor), and if they can confirm that the shuddering issue is gone.

I'd like to have something to go during my next service visit.

Old 06-23-2010, 04:14 PM
Just to reconfirm. My shudder issue hasn't came back since I had my MAF's replaced. My car has been running perfectly since.

Old 06-24-2010, 10:00 AM
That's awesome, glad to hear that!
Just out of curiosity, what's the build date on your '07 ?

Old 06-24-2010, 10:54 AM
will they replace my maf's under warranty? 07 with 26k miles??

Old 06-24-2010, 12:55 PM
if they find them defective, yeah

or at least they damn well better!

Old 07-08-2010, 10:09 PM
Soo, i have my baby in @ the dealer to have the shudder looked at. I've had a master tech go for a ride with me ad damn thing just wouldn't shudder!!! It seems that it's not the heat that provokes the shudder, it's the humidity. I'm hoping for a humid day tomorrow so that the tech can finally see what i'm talking about!!

I’m also having them look that dreaded A/C compressor rattle/ ticking

The sensitivity to humid conditions makes me point to the MAF(s) as the culprit.

I'm expecting a call tomorrow with some encouraging news. Wish me luck!

In the meantime, i'm beating on a '08 EX35 loaner.
What amazes me about it, is that the drivetrain is exactly the same, but the tuning is completely different.
The damn thing has more low-end "umpf" and the tranny is smooth as butter, even in DS - it shifts soooo much better & smoother than my Gee
I wish i could ask the dealer to flash my ECU/TCM with EX firmware ()

Old 07-09-2010, 11:12 PM
Wait until you drive a 2010 G with the 7 sp AT. The you will see how the car was ruined. It lags, and the tranny does too much gear hunting - 5th gear is awful....Good luck with your fix. My dealer replaced my Tranny on my 07 after they replaced the valve body. I had a hard shift into 3rd gear not the shudder you have described. I did feel that "shudder" in my new 2010 G37X - only 800 miles on it. And had a similar issue on my 05 Altima SL with a V-6 engine.

Old 07-10-2010, 12:50 AM
Thanks dude, they've had it for two days now. The tech called me this afternoon to ask if he can drive my car to lunch to test the shudder. Then he went on to say that the master tech will also borrow the car for lunch I said: "Go for it!!" Today the conditions were perfect for it to act up (hot & humidity @ 65-85%). The funny thing is that i never got a call back by the time they closed. I'm hoping that it did act up & they're actually working on it. Oh well, i get to keep the EX35 for the wekend!

My dad has a G37x and i can't say that the 7AT is all that bad, aside from trying to go through all the gears as fast as it can, it doesn't do anything stupid.

My 07 slams into almost all gears in DS - except 2-3rd seems to have a delay in it (almost like a slip). The grounding kit made a good bit of difference in smoothing things out in "D", but D sometimes reacts a litle slow.

I really must reiterate my prefference for the EX tune/programming. I actually enjoy the responsivness/performance/smoothness of the drivetrain, but it can't really hold a candle to the way my G handles

BTW almatti, what was the build date for your '07?

Old 07-10-2010, 07:40 PM
heynow: Traded 'er in for this new lease. I THINK it was Feb. 07 - PICKED IT UP APRIL 07. Should have bought that car, only had 25k, Stupid Is as Stupid Does.....

Old 07-10-2010, 11:22 PM
Thanks for the info almatti. My build date is 5/07.
(which hopefully means that i don't have the cheap chinese VB)

Yeah, we hear that alot around here
Hopefully the 7AT issues will be fixed with new firmware! This is so lame! I'm sure the 7AT is well designed mechanically, but the software throws a wrench into its operation.

Old 07-12-2010, 07:57 AM
heynow: We may be waiting a Long Time for the new reflash or Firmware. My dealer service advisor told me that: It Is What It Is, right now. The 2010s have the most current applications. Anyway, I'm trying to practice what the Salesperson told me to do: Drive in DS Mode. But you know, even in that mode, it's NOT THE SAME AS THE 07!! It drives better, but there is still some gear hunting at the 40-50 mph mark. Hate that feeling in this spectacular car.

Old 07-12-2010, 09:58 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
When I was in a 2010 G37X I was completely satisfied with it. Was not gear hunting at all. Can this be driving habit learned. Since most people have tendency to push the loaner. I hate the learning ECU in modern cars. Just give me a damn switch with 4-5 different maps and I switch when I want to drive sporty or ECO mode. I mean if I had 10 minutes spirited drive and arrive to a small town doesn't mean I will drive sporty in the town too. Stupid system.

Old 07-13-2010, 01:29 PM
IDK about the loaner learning the driving pattern. It just seems like a 100% different car.
Yeah, the ECO/Sport button sounds great. I mean i have a button for the AWD, VDC, AFS.
Why could they add a button to customise driving modes?
I think that should be added to the '11 year model (^ - ^)
But then maybe it's built it into the DS function (:P)

Old 07-13-2010, 01:40 PM
Received 116 Likes on 110 Posts
Originally Posted by heynow
IDK about the loaner learning the driving pattern. It just seems like a 100% different car.
Yeah, the ECO/Sport button sounds great. I mean i have a button for the AWD, VDC, AFS.
Why could they add a button to customise driving modes?
I think that should be added to the '11 year model (^ - ^)
But then maybe it's built it into the DS function (:P)
Keep in mind that in 'high end' autos there is more to 'sport mode' than simply tinkering with the gearbox in one way or another. To be a proper 'sport' setup it should also alter the suspension, otherwise it's simply a waist. A little more costly than a simple re-programming.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Shudder at 40mph (~60km/h)