Shudder at 40mph (~60km/h)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-04-2010, 08:39 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jc you should call the corporate number and voice your opinion as well. I kept it professional when I called, I knew yelling at them wouldnt get me anywhere so i just called and had it documented to save my *** for when i need a new transmission dropped in the car. maybe a supercharger will fix my shuddering..is this even possible on an x?

Old 05-04-2010, 10:36 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
if the question is: can you supercharge the x? the answer is: YES!

Old 05-04-2010, 11:52 AM
haha how much would that cost me

Old 05-04-2010, 12:25 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Did anybody tried any of the tunes? I suspect it is just in too high gear when it is at 40mph. Maybe increasing the shift point would change this. Just an idea since when it is in DS there was no shudder for me when I had this.

Old 05-04-2010, 12:47 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It's probably not in too high of a gear, but most likely the TC locks-up too soon and doesn't unlock soon enough. That would make sense,
because you could be in 5th gear in DS going up a hill with no sudder since the TC is unlocked.

Old 05-05-2010, 01:11 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
But when you are in 5th gear in DS you are at higher rpm. when you are doing 40mph in ds you are in 3rd or 4th gear and higher rpm.

It only does it when you are in 5th gear and low rpm(40mph) aka D mode.

Old 05-05-2010, 09:09 AM
Try it, go into 5th in DS @ 40. I can't say i've experienced any shudder in DS.
In "D" mode the TC locks @ that speed (and doesn't in DS) - which i'm blaming for the shudder. I'm unable to give this a try since i'm happy to report that i've tried hard to recreate the shudder that i've had, even driving the same route over the past few days in 80+ degree weather.

YAY!

Old 05-07-2010, 09:12 AM
haha well i still have mine

Old 05-11-2010, 04:56 PM
shudder's back....*****-effer!!

shifting to "DS" does make the shudder stop, even in 5th. Must be something with TC locking

update: I've had no shudder for two days straight, after writing the above statement. WTF?!? It's been unseasonably cold down here. The temp sensor seems to make more & more sense!!

The dealer refuses to acknowledge any issues. I still have about 3 yrs left on the powertrain warranty. I wanna wait & see if infiniti gets enough complaints & releases a working TSB for this issue!

Last edited by heynow; 05-12-2010 at 09:37 AM.
Old 05-19-2010, 04:41 PM
hmm...just got done reading this thread. I have the same stinkin problem. I'm really hoping a transmission fluid change will fix it. But from reading everyone's post...it doesn't seem like that is a solution. bah... Anyone have any updates as to what the real solution is? I am going to request the throttle sensitivity update soon. That update along with a transmission fluid change should fix it right? ... or does it seem more of a temp sensor thing? uuughh...i'm really disappointed in my G right now :/ it's NOT smooth anymore

I just want to add that when it is cold out... my car drives normal. When it is hot and warm, transmission starts acting up....

Last edited by pianofrk4; 05-19-2010 at 04:42 PM. Reason: I just want to add that when it is cold out... my car drives normal. When it is hot and warm, it starts acting up
Old 05-19-2010, 06:24 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by pianofrk4
hmm...just got done reading this thread. I have the same stinkin problem. I'm really hoping a transmission fluid change will fix it. But from reading everyone's post...it doesn't seem like that is a solution. bah... Anyone have any updates as to what the real solution is? I am going to request the throttle sensitivity update soon. That update along with a transmission fluid change should fix it right? ... or does it seem more of a temp sensor thing? uuughh...i'm really disappointed in my G right now :/ it's NOT smooth anymore

I just want to add that when it is cold out... my car drives normal. When it is hot and warm, transmission starts acting up....
The reflash did absolutely nothing for the shudder, it wasn't until they switched out the auto tran temp sensor did all my worries go away. I now have a truly greater appreciation for my G and see my self driving for a long time to come. And I've had my tranny fluid switched 3 times since owning the car, sorry but that won't get rid of the shudder either.

Old 05-19-2010, 09:13 PM
Originally Posted by baileyt35
The reflash did absolutely nothing for the shudder, it wasn't until they switched out the auto tran temp sensor did all my worries go away. I now have a truly greater appreciation for my G and see my self driving for a long time to come. And I've had my tranny fluid switched 3 times since owning the car, sorry but that won't get rid of the shudder either.
Thanks for letting us know Bailey I will have the dealership take a look at it and see what they have to say... I will bring up the temp sensor replacement idea also.

Old 05-19-2010, 11:27 PM
Sorry, pianofrk4. In my case, i spoke too soon! The shudder came back after the flush

Very glad to hear that baileyt35 !!!

Idk how i'm gonna get the dealer to go along with the temp sensor replacement. It'd be really great if we could reference your mechanic's work/findings!

I'm sure if you share your VIN# with us, our dealers can run the vin & look at the service history/remarks, but that's really asking too much!

Old 05-24-2010, 11:45 AM
I was wondering if anyone had an update regarding the replacement of this sensor? I have an 07 G35X and it does the same exact thing, but I only notice it ALOT when the car is warming up in the first 5 minutes or so.

I have about 56,000 on the car, so I would like to try and resolve it before the warranty is up.

Old 05-24-2010, 11:48 AM
hmm..still need to get mine checked out at the dealer...i will do it in June though when I get my state inspection done.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Shudder at 40mph (~60km/h)