Shudder at 40mph (~60km/h)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-14-2010, 02:28 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would not call it waste. I need something the time I think I need. Not whn you driv it spirited for few minutes and than it turns to more agressive. But what if I just have the rush to speed for 2 minutes.
Sure it would be better with adjustable suspention and all but I would be happy with 5 map at my finger tip. Heck would be happy with 3.

My .02

Old 07-14-2010, 08:25 AM
Received 116 Likes on 110 Posts
You already have 3. D, DS and MDS. lol

Old 07-14-2010, 10:12 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Anywhoo, getting back to the topic.
I got my car back from the dealer, they looked @ the shudder complaint & couldn't duplicate it. The service advisor drove it, the master tech drove it (again after my test drive with him). The tech also "ran diagnositcs" on it & found no sensors out of spec.

They were nice enough to address my other issues such as the weather stripping (replaced on all 4 doors via the ITB 037034C), and they also replaced the A/C compressor. So i'm very happy with the customer service i've received so far.
I'll keep you all posted if the shudder comes back - since no one has been able to reproduce it (even me) (knock on wood). It'd be funny if an $8 bottle of fuel injector cleaner was the solution!

Old 07-14-2010, 11:08 AM
Received 116 Likes on 110 Posts
Originally Posted by heynow
Anywhoo, getting back to the topic.
I got my car back from the dealer, they looked @ the shudder complaint & couldn't duplicate it. The service advisor drove it, the master tech drove it (again after my test drive with him). The tech also "ran diagnositcs" on it & found no sensors out of spec.

They were nice enough to address my other issues such as the weather stripping (replaced on all 4 doors via the ITB 037034C), and they also replaced the A/C compressor. So i'm very happy with the customer service i've received so far.
I'll keep you all posted if the shudder comes back - since no one has been able to reproduce it (even me) (knock on wood). It'd be funny if an $8 bottle of fuel injector cleaner was the solution!
Do you have a copy of that TSB ITB. I can't seem to find it on the website:
http://www.infiniti-techinfo.com/TSB...px?tsbType=TSB
BTW - isn't something wrong when the Inifiniti site doesn't list the 07 G35 Sedan as a V36? It just says G35 (V36) 08. Am I missing something?

Old 07-14-2010, 03:55 PM
Sorry dude, that's what it says in the receipt

Old 07-14-2010, 09:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[QUOTE=johnnyzee;4600505]Hey guys, I need some help...please.

The car "shudders" while cruising around 40mph (60km/h). It's intermittent, not always doing it, but does happen daily, and often enough to make me go nuts trying to figure it out.

Going back to the OP. I didnt read many of the 177 posts in between so hope this is not duplicating something already covered. But I very recently had a very similar sounding problem with my wife's '05 Pathfinder. At about 40 mph vibration, almost felt like driving on the rumble strip on the shoulder, plus hard dropping into lower gears. This was intermittent, and seemed to happen on either gradual up or downgrade, when the trans wanted to shift from 4 to 5, or 5 to 4. Problem was that the radiator failed and allowed the coolant and AT fluid to mix. The AT fluid was very cloudy and orange, not clear and dark red. Also had AT fluid floating on top of the coolant in the radiator.
In searching the internet I saw this is a well documented problem in 05 and 06Pathfinders, and many reported needing to replace the tranny and radiator. I changed the radiator and flushed the tranny, which solved the vibration problem, but hopefully no permanent damage occurred. Don't know if it pertains to the G, and I would hate to be alarmist. Just throwing this out there to create awareness in case a similar problem exists in the Infiniti.

Old 07-15-2010, 12:44 AM
I had an 06 g sedan automatic that had a shudder. Turns out it was the valve body. Dealer replaced under warrenty and it never happened again. Ask to take one of the techs for a ride to show them, it worked for me.

Old 07-15-2010, 09:46 AM
yes, we're aware of the 06-early 07 VB issues, but i've taken the tech for a 15-min ride & coudn't even reproduce the problem myself. My service adv. & tech test drove the car later on only to find no shudder.

Old 07-15-2010, 01:07 PM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Yeah it's tricky, it's not happening 100% of the time, and not hard enough of a vibration to really stand out as to what the problem could be.

My reflash is still holding up ok, haven't really felt the vibration since.

Old 07-15-2010, 02:47 PM
Originally Posted by heynow
yes, we're aware of the 06-early 07 VB issues, but i've taken the tech for a 15-min ride & coudn't even reproduce the problem myself. My service adv. & tech test drove the car later on only to find no shudder.
What build dates were affected with the cheap chinese valve body?

Old 07-15-2010, 09:16 PM
sorry dude, i wish i had the TSB
I think it really involves the 06s more than the '07

Old 07-16-2010, 03:24 PM
Yeah, i just looked over my service history, and my car had the TSB applied in Febuary o f 2009. So i guess that's the most current version.

Old 07-16-2010, 03:43 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by treacherous
My shudder was fixed with a the latest flash that became available a year or so ago. It slowly came back. I took car in for the 15+ quart auto fluid exchange and it is now back to normal.
Could you provide the # of the TSB? I hadn't had an ECU flash since the original throttle tip-in one. Or is it ITB08-017a (revised)? Thanks

Last edited by dohturdima; 07-16-2010 at 04:02 PM.
Old 07-30-2010, 09:01 PM
My 2007 G35X has the same issues described in the TSB for valve bodies, but it is not listed in the affected model range (only RWD). There are clearly transmission issues, and it sounds like ECU programing, Fluid change, and even the valve bodies are not fixing the problem. Before I read any of this, I was thinking it was the torque converter. It acts up most when the transmission is locking up or unlocking and I still feel something in 4th gear and at all different engine rpms.
I am fairly sure this is not a programming issue and the shudder and vibration are not consistent and see to be very physical in nature.
Has anyone actually nailed what is going on and had the problem totally solved with no remaining signs?
Has anyone received a new torque converter?
Does anyone work for Nissan and can share the real issue (I am sure they know)?
This is really concerning...

Old 07-31-2010, 08:31 AM
I've had this issue for a while now. I only detect when in auto-mode when the trans is in 5th and around 35-40 mph. Seems to search or ride the rpms way too low for 5th, but doesn't downshift. RPMs go down to 1500 or less sometimes. If i ride in 5th manually it's smooth. I brought it to the dealer i bought the car from. Tech validated the symptoms and I thought I'd finally get a resolution. Then I got a call stating Infiniti tech support wouldn't authorize a repair stating the car drives as expected.

I had planned to buy out this lease, but not getting this resolved has soured my opinion of Inifiniti service/support. Love the car, but I'm finding it difficult to accept this "trait".

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Shudder at 40mph (~60km/h)