Shudder at 40mph (~60km/h)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-08-2010, 12:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RhiNoKiLL
May I ask why it was a big mistake to not buy out the car?
It was mistake because with 26k on the clock, everything else with the car was fine ( I had no Navi, no big deal), the buyout was $20,000. It ended up on the dealer's lot asking $24,999. It was worth every penny of $20,000. AND, the new 2010 G37X that I leased has this Jerky, Quirky, 7 AT.... Read the mounds of complaints on this Tranny. It hesitates, and is very unsettling while driving in traffic, 40-20 mph. I have driven new Ford Fusions [company cars] - none of that. Granted When you step on the gas, there's little to compare to the G37X except for this terrible quirkiness and "bucking" in slow stop n go conditions and when you are coasting at lower highway speeds, if you hit the gas, there's considerable hesitation. Infiniti has decided to "step down' the throttle response sensitivity and also increase mileage. As an aside: I do see 10-15% better mileage, BUT I'd rather have that 5 spd AT.

Old 10-08-2010, 01:04 PM
So i met with the Nissan tech yesterday who know exactly what I was talking about. He could reproduce the problem maybe once or twice, but said there are other G's and M's that do it worse. I couldn't stress enough that this was the smoothest my G has driven since I bought it, but he could really care less. Gave me some bull shti story that even if they replace the tranny, tq, valve it would still do it. Now, I'm in a bind. I might even sell the car to be honest becuase I am so royally pissed off. How is this not a lemon if they can not fix a known issue???? He told me to change the amount of throttle applied to make it go away and not sit at the sweet spot that makes this thing shudder. He spoke with the engineer who applied the 1st gen TSB for the shudder who insists the written code will not work with our models, again, why not develop a new code that makes your customers happy and want to become repeat customers? Wheres the brand loyalty for these rapists? I'm going to need to sit down with my attorney to see if theres anyway I can seek arbitration to make them buy the car back. Truly disappointed and to anyone out there with the same issue, contact the BBB and get a tech out to assist you and see if you can get anywhere. Stop checking in on this thread peridically to see if another consumer will do your dirty work. For all of you actively trying to help with this, good luck.

*Furthermore, why the heck would the dealer continuously tell me they dont know what the issue is when CLEARLY THEY DO! All i kept getting from the tech was this a known trait of the G's and that it is producing a resonance within the drive train that causes the car to lurch back and forth. Bingo, you 100% correctly addressed my issue, now for **** sake fix it!!!

Last edited by stevec1129; 10-08-2010 at 01:07 PM. Reason: addtl info
Old 10-08-2010, 01:49 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Steve, Sorry to hear that you went through all this trouble with no positive results!

Please read the above post from almatti. I'd have you/your attourney push for a tranny change (not just separate components). If the dealer changes the tranny, and it doesn't fix it. Then you have an easy lemon case.

Old 10-13-2010, 03:34 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looks like this is an '07, '08 issue. So if there's no '09s in this thread (which I didn't see any).

Then maybe they revised the trans 4 the '09s and that's what we need.

Old 10-13-2010, 02:27 PM
Received 184 Likes on 159 Posts
^ the 09's come with a totally new 7-Speed auto tranny unlike the 5-speed in 07-08....

Old 10-13-2010, 03:23 PM
My bad, I thought that didn't start til the '10 model.

Old 10-19-2010, 03:50 PM
Well i got my car back and they did the throttle sensitivty thing and replaced my body valve thing.... apparently this is the TSB for it. No shuddering since, planning on a road trip soon so fingers crossed!

Also did anyone have their seats replaced ? Mine are sucking

Old 10-19-2010, 03:51 PM
Well i got my car back and they did the throttle sensitivty thing and replaced my body valve thing.... apparently this is the TSB for it. No shuddering since, planning on a road trip soon so fingers crossed!

Also did anyone have their seats replaced ? Mine are sucking

Old 10-20-2010, 12:33 AM
I'm glad you're seeing positive results! But there are a lot of people in the thread that got the TSB (myself included), and the shuddder came back

Old 10-20-2010, 08:08 PM
So after a day or so of driving the car... i had this weird RPM jump and the car would jerk forward and then RPM would drop then i would go... really annoying... happens espically when I back out and go to D, also stopping completely and driving agian... brought it back in and they did some kind of reprogramming... car feels much better much more response and no shudder lets hope it stays this way!

Also insulated my front two doors and now i can bump music alllll the way up and no rattles =)

Old 10-20-2010, 10:38 PM
That sounds like the TC lock/unlock RPM jump - totally normal for NISSAN trans.

Old 10-24-2010, 01:29 PM
RhiNoKill: Good luck...... If it's any "comfort", my 2010 G37X has some of the shudders and lags that No TSB can fix. It's the way Nissan / Infiniti has reprogrammed the ECU/Drivetrain, and 2 more gears in the AT. It's gotten a little better with over 4k miles, but in traffic 35-20 stop n go type, you feel the shuddering & gear hunting. I didn't have that type of drive in my 2007. And the throttle is much less sensitive so it contributes to the lagging. It's Infiniti's way of reprogramming to address the overly sensitive throttle issue in the 07s. I LIKED that, but overall, other than this, I have no other issues. How'd you insulate the doors?? You really "hear" a difference?

Old 10-31-2010, 11:47 PM
Johnny - Did the reflash fix the problem? I have an 07 G35X and I am experiencing the same symptoms. Took it to the dealer and they can't replicate the problem. Took it to another mechanic and they said the same thing. I have an appointment at the dealer again tomorrow. I find it hard to believe that they are unaware of this issue after reading this page.

Old 10-31-2010, 11:59 PM
Received 53 Likes on 45 Posts
Originally Posted by RhiNoKiLL
So after a day or so of driving the car... i had this weird RPM jump and the car would jerk forward and then RPM would drop then i would go... really annoying... happens espically when I back out and go to D, also stopping completely and driving agian... brought it back in and they did some kind of reprogramming... car feels much better much more response and no shudder lets hope it stays this way!

Also insulated my front two doors and now i can bump music alllll the way up and no rattles =)
I have that problem. It sucks because the dealership told me that it's normal because the car is trying to find out what gear to go into

Originally Posted by heynow
That sounds like the TC lock/unlock RPM jump - totally normal for NISSAN trans.
I hate it.

Old 11-10-2010, 02:56 PM
Originally Posted by apexi957

I hate it.
me too

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Shudder at 40mph (~60km/h)