Shudder at 40mph (~60km/h)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-17-2011, 07:56 PM
Received 59 Likes on 51 Posts
I am thinking of getting the extended warranty on the car just because of this shuddering that i have been feeling lately from 35-45...doesn't happen all the time but a few times per drive

Old 02-17-2011, 07:58 PM
Originally Posted by treacherous
When I had TSB applied and transmission flush last year the young mechanic readily admitted it was something he felt regularly on both the G's and M's but no solid & surefire fix.
See i think it's pointless to bring up to them. It's not like they are going to do anything to fix it. Knowing my luck the tech wouldn't even feel it on the drive. It happens when it feel like the car gets bogged down in 2nd/3rd. The shifter and floor vibrates until it up shifts. Really can even accelerate lightly as it up shifts automatically when it starts to vibrate

Old 02-17-2011, 08:15 PM
I asked them today when i went. They told me the 2 year/24K would be about 2,500

They deal with another company that offers me a 3 year 36k plan for 3,300 i think she said

Old 02-17-2011, 08:17 PM
I was able to replicate it on the test drive for mechanic. That's when he stated what he did in my previous message.
I know so people in this thread said when the tech felt it, they ended up replacing the Valve Body...not the case for you?

Old 02-17-2011, 08:23 PM
It went away after the TSB and flush. I just started noticing again in last few months.

How many miles on your G? Have you called the Scottsdale dealer?

I got mine for $1889 but have less than 40K miles. This gives me almost 60K more miles and 5 years. I would go with genuine Infiniti warranty if possible.

i have 63k miles..what TBS did you have done?

Old 02-17-2011, 08:45 PM
Get a quote from here:

http://www.eliteprotectionplan.com/

You do have to get a vehicle inspection done from dealer though. One quoted me $120 and another $180.

It was the throttle sensitivity TSB. It seems like my torque converter lockup behavior always changed with ever different flash.

I originally had the issue on my '07, when new, where engine would fluctuate several hundred RPM when cold and during the first few miles. A flash fixed that.
yeah i really don't want to get tat throttle TSB. I like how the throttle is little jerky and heard from a few on here that it dulled down the car somewhat

Old 02-17-2011, 10:36 PM
Received 184 Likes on 159 Posts
Originally Posted by Anton_Chigurh
Nice find, i just went through their site and might be picking up their lubricant for the differential and the MT to reduce temp and friction and hopefully extend the systems life in the long run... interested in hearing from anyone who has used any product from this company... are they any good/worthy products?

Old 02-17-2011, 10:40 PM
Originally Posted by kool_yaar
Nice find, i just went through their site and might be picking up their lubricant for the differential and the MT to reduce temp and friction and hopefully extend the systems life in the long run... interested in hearing from anyone who has used any product from this company... are they any good/worthy products?
You think there is anyway this can void a warranty somehow?

I am going to pick some up tomorrow. I dont know what to get..the shudder fix or the high friction supplement..only like $7

reviews are awesome
Amazon Amazon

Ill let you guys know if it helps this at all

Dr shudder fix...14 reviews..10 gave it a 5 star
Amazon Amazon

14 bucks gets you both..i think it's worth a shot guys

Last edited by Anton_Chigurh; 02-17-2011 at 11:00 PM.
Old 02-18-2011, 05:46 AM
Reviews do look good, i would suggest just trying one at a time, you can always drain a bit and add the second later IF the first one doesnt fix it, but thats just my opinionl.

Old 02-18-2011, 12:02 PM
Reviews do look good, i would suggest just trying one at a time, you can always drain a bit and add the second later IF the first one doesnt fix it, but thats just my opinionl.
That's my thought as well

Edit:

Well i picked up some of Dr Shudder and the LubeGard ATF protector. Put in 1 oz of Dr shudder (come in a 2 oz pouch). Proceed to take my intakes off to give it some time to sit. idled the car for about 5 min. Let sit for 10. Went back out and put 3 oz's of Lubegard ATF protector. It says 1 ox for every quart so i should have put a lot more in but i was afraid to overfill so i just put in 3. You can mix the two as they use similar oil's. let that idle for about 5 min while switching some gears sitting in my driveway. Went out for a 10 mile test run and didn't feel it shudder like it usually does at least 1-2 times per that 10 miles. I know i am going to have to give it a lot longer than 10 mile test as it could just be a fluke that it didn't happen but we will see. Also my downshift wasn't as rough as before. ill update again after a few more day.

Last edited by Anton_Chigurh; 02-18-2011 at 02:08 PM.
Old 02-18-2011, 04:28 PM
^ very interesting... if this thing actually works out for you within the next 200miles then they can get a lot of sale from almost all G AT members

Old 02-18-2011, 04:36 PM
^ very interesting... if this thing actually works out for you within the next 200miles then they can get a lot of sale from almost all G AT members
Yeah i know. Was only $5 at NAPA. The ATF protectant was $10 and comes in a 10oz bottle so for use we would need to add the entire bottle as i believe we have 11 qts of transmission oil in our system. They don't keep it out on the floor however. It's out back with the parts or at least the store that i went to

I only added half and will add the other 1oz in a week

I was reading more reviews today and man it has fixed a lot of problems in other cars such as an Audi and a Lexus

Old 02-18-2011, 10:19 PM
What color is ATF protectant? Is it clear or ATF fluid colored?

EDIT: I had been reading about this a month back for my Explorer. I hadn't considered trying it in my G.
Red..fluid like color

Old 02-19-2011, 06:51 PM
Only felt the shudder once today and i traveled the normal 20 miles that i always do. I always feel it more than once. While it may have not take it away, It seems to have helped somewhat. Ill keep you guys posted!

Old 02-25-2011, 08:38 PM
How is this experiment going?
Still not as much as before..still feel it here and there. talking it to dealer on Wednesday for a different issue with trans..figured it's better safe than sorry...having them look at my front end as well...steering wheel and seat vibration that i am sure is NOT balance related as once thought

I am getting a loaner car...want to see if it has the vibs at highway speed as well as shudder

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Shudder at 40mph (~60km/h)