Can you combine a wheel+HC ring and Spacers?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-10-2010 | 09:32 PM
|
Can you combine a wheel+HC ring and Spacers?

I've never done this before, but it seems like a lot of stuff is going on the hub and I'm not sure if i can place the hubcentric ring over the spacers.
I also don't know if this will welcome vibration issues.

What do you think guys?

Old 04-10-2010 | 10:10 PM
If you are using OEM wheels and get hubcentric spacers then you dont need hubcentric rings. If you are using spacers and after market wheels then you do need hubcentric rings. If you do get wheel vibrations then there is a very since DIY available to get rid of the vibrations.

on a side note*** how is the custom adjustable struts coming?

Old 04-10-2010 | 10:13 PM
Depending on the spacers. Some spacers allow you to put a Hub centric ring while others don't. The ones that don't are the cheaper ones. Take a pic of the spacer and we can let you know if you can use the ring.

Old 04-10-2010 | 10:32 PM
|
Originally Posted by Dubi2087
Depending on the spacers. Some spacers allow you to put a Hub centric ring while others don't. The ones that don't are the cheaper ones. Take a pic of the spacer and we can let you know if you can use the ring.

i've got the Ichiba V2 spacers and I want to get aftermarket wheels (most likely OZ)-which require spacers, would that combo work?

Old 04-07-2013 | 11:42 PM
I'm bumping this. I also am getting a new set of wheels that have a larger hub bore than the car does (73.1), and the spokes hit the very large brembos. So I would need an adapter ring as well as a spacer. Is there any way I could put a spacer and ring together or is there some spacer that has a larger hub bore to fit both the hub and the wheel? Any help is really appreciated

Old 04-08-2013 | 12:04 AM
There are spacers that have a smaller bore inside to fit to our hubs, and then a bigger bore on the mounting face. But they're hard to find or have to be custom made. Getting an ordinary spacer and putting a hubcentric ring on that should be fine.

Old 04-08-2013 | 12:30 AM
Originally Posted by Crack3r
I'm bumping this. I also am getting a new set of wheels that have a larger hub bore than the car does (73.1), and the spokes hit the very large brembos. So I would need an adapter ring as well as a spacer. Is there any way I could put a spacer and ring together or is there some spacer that has a larger hub bore to fit both the hub and the wheel? Any help is really appreciated
First off, since you mentioned Brembo brakes I am assuming you have a V35 and not a V36 car. Are you aware this is the V36 section that you've posted this in?

Next, I see absolutely no reason why you could not run an adapter ring on a Hubcentric spacer. How could the hubcentric spacer possibly know or care whether you mounted an OEM wheel of the correct size on it, or if you mounted an aftermarket wheel with the exact same size by way of an adapter ring?

Lastly, it is possible to get a custom made hubcentric spacer with different diameter between the inner and outer bores, provided there is enough "meat" to the metal involved for its proper milling. There is a place out of Sparks Nevada call Motorsport Tech that makes all kinds of high quality custom wheel spacers/wheel adapters/ etc. I have talked with them before and found them to be very knowledgable as well as helpful. Their website seems to be acting up when I just checked it, so here their facebook page link. Lots of pics there. https://www.facebook.com/MotorsportTech

The following users liked this post:
Crack3r (04-08-2013)
Old 04-08-2013 | 11:15 AM
Originally Posted by vqsmile
First off, since you mentioned Brembo brakes I am assuming you have a V35 and not a V36 car. Are you aware this is the V36 section that you've posted this in?

Next, I see absolutely no reason why you could not run an adapter ring on a Hubcentric spacer. How could the hubcentric spacer possibly know or care whether you mounted an OEM wheel of the correct size on it, or if you mounted an aftermarket wheel with the exact same size by way of an adapter ring?

Lastly, it is possible to get a custom made hubcentric spacer with different diameter between the inner and outer bores, provided there is enough "meat" to the metal involved for its proper milling. There is a place out of Sparks Nevada call Motorsport Tech that makes all kinds of high quality custom wheel spacers/wheel adapters/ etc. I have talked with them before and found them to be very knowledgable as well as helpful. Their website seems to be acting up when I just checked it, so here their facebook page link. Lots of pics there. https://www.facebook.com/MotorsportTech
Woops ya didn't realize this was the v36 section. Either way it wasn't like I was asking about an electronics problem that was only pertinent to the v35.
Anyways, much obliged sir.

Old 04-08-2013 | 11:36 AM
Originally Posted by Crack3r
Woops ya didn't realize this was the v36 section. Either way it wasn't like I was asking about an electronics problem that was only pertinent to the v35.
Anyways, much obliged sir.
No worries, just didn't want you to forget the context of anything that may have come up regarding your Brembos or whatever.