Another "VDC, ABS, and SLIP light on" thread

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-09-2010, 04:11 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Another "VDC, ABS, and SLIP light on" thread

well, its finally happened to me and everyone is right, it is nerve wracking because you dont know why the car does it.

anyways, on monday i changed my oil, cleaned my throttle bodies (without disconnecting them), and cleaned my MAF sensors. all went well.

fast forward to today, i put the car up on jack stands this morning in hopes of installing my springs, well the bolt that goes from the end link through the strut took about 8 hours to finally get loose so no springs today, just loosening of the bolt and putting it back on, in hopes that it wont be so incredibly difficult when i get around to doing the springs.

while i had the wheels off today i did not damage any brake lines or touch any sensors.

so at about 7pm im driving down the street and out of nowhere the car takes a "jolt", slows down, and all three (VDC, SLIP, and ABS) lights come up on the dash. the car doesnt stall or shut down, its still on and i can still press the gas. i pull into a gas station, turn the car off and back on, still no fix.

the car drives fine. the brake fluid is rigth smack between max and min. the brake lights work a ok. the throttle bodies were cleaned a week ago with no mishaps since then, same with MAF sensors. could i have damaged something today while i had the wheels off? the tires are about to go, maybe another thousand or two left on them and i didnt know how to tell if my break pads were low or not, same with rotors.

like i said, the car drives fine, no trouble shifting, no joltiness, brake lights fine. everything feels fine, the suspension doesnt seem any more out of alignment than it did before. really no difference before/after.

im going to try and get an apt. at the dealer to see whatsup but what do you guys think? i know theres a million threads on this but it really seems like everyones case is different. these lights come up for a variety of reasons, none really explained in stone.

Thanks in advance,
Robert

Old 08-19-2010, 09:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have the same lights popping up... No ABS light though. AGHHHH! Anyone?

Old 08-19-2010, 10:30 PM
mine ended up being the ABS line in the drivers front wheel well. covered under waranty. take it to the dealer, i think theyre the only ones who can read the codes for these lights. reg. obdII scanners only read check engine lights.

Old 11-07-2010, 03:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i am having the same problem on my coupe... i changed the wheels back to stock and ever since, this has been happening... what was the problem with yours? how was it fixed?

Old 11-07-2010, 09:12 PM
abs line, dealer fixed it free of charge.