Concave wheel Offset? XS dropped on Eibach's.. Need Help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-03-2011 | 07:56 PM
|
Originally Posted by lundy
Rennen should know the clearance on G37S brakes. I sell wheels for a living and all the companies I deal with just ask for the offset, car (or caliper) being used and height and width of the wheel. You did say you were getting multi-piece wheels right?
Already did that, they dont have the measurement. Unless you happen to have access to it, Ill swing by the stealership in the AM and have a tech give me the specs. Although Im positive they will try to fabricate some excuse to charge me for those specs.

Old 03-04-2011 | 01:21 PM
Originally Posted by Chi_g35
I appreciate the advise! Im not opposed to running a rear camber kit just didnt wana have to pick it up right away but I guess I dont have a choice.

As far as the offsets +45 would only give me 2" lip in the rear so the wheel center would almost be flush with the lip.

How bad would the poke be if I left the offset at +32 compared to +35?
As I mentioned in the PM, the 3mm difference between the +32 and +35 is almost nothing (less than 1/8"). You will not see a difference, and it will just require more negative camber. I would guess you will need a little over -2.5 degrees with the +32, and maybe a little under -2.5 with the +35. Both are going to naturally poke out some, and you will have to add negative camber to get them to clear the fender.

I can't explain why such a small change in offset would change the lip size so much. They must be limited in there lip and barrel size selection. In theory, they should be able to make a 3mm offset change while only loosing 3mm of lip. My guess is they only have a limited selection of face designs, and barrel and lip sizes. They should be able to easily explain their limitations to you.

I am also surprised that they don't already have the information on fitment, or that they are asking you for it. Rennen has been advertising on the G37 site, and I would think they would have that already. That is a little concerning to me. As mentioned, with truly custom 3-piece wheels you should be able to give them the offset, and the type of car, and they should be able to do the rest.