ALL Lowered AWD people - Need alignment help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-29-2011, 06:25 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
ALL Lowered AWD people - Need alignment help

Hey everyone. Ive been lowered on Eibach springs for about a year now. I have front and rear camber kits on my AWD.

Does anyone who have an AWD sedan lowered on with camber kits having any problems with alignment? Are you able to get within OEM specs?

I got my alignment done twice now and the shop tells me that they can get the front within OEM specs but not the rear. They tell me that since my car is lowered, the camber and toe are going against each other, and can only set one of them to OEM spec. I know to set the toe to spec first before camber.
My camber is about 1.8 degrees, which is not to horrible, so I would just like to know if any other AWD are similar.
Thanks

Old 03-30-2011, 07:29 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Whenever I take my sedan for an alignment they are never able to 0 the camber but they do 0 the toe. Without any camber kit on the front or rear you cant adjust it alot.

Old 03-30-2011, 10:43 AM
Originally Posted by sunny G-35 NYC
Whenever I take my sedan for an alignment they are never able to 0 the camber but they do 0 the toe. Without any camber kit on the front or rear you cant adjust it alot.
They are able to get the toe within spec. I do have both front and rear camber kits.

Old 03-30-2011, 11:04 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Problem solved: All you need to do is get the adjustable Toe bolt kit in the rear SPC makes it under $30. You have to reem out the original hole according to the template they give you. It gives you double the adjustment for toe in the rear. I had same issue, I spent $200 At the dealership only for them to giv eme the car back with the toe horribly off, after I took it home I adjusted everything, and ordered the Adjustabel Toe bolt kit, took me about 2 hours to do the whole thing , but man does it make it easy to do an alignment. Then took my Car to Town Fair Tire and got a $49 4 wheel alignment and it perfect now. I also have the Eibach pro kit , SPC front Control arm and SPC rear camber arm. 2008 G35XS.

Old 03-30-2011, 10:44 PM
Originally Posted by G35Xsport2008
Problem solved: All you need to do is get the adjustable Toe bolt kit in the rear SPC makes it under $30. You have to reem out the original hole according to the template they give you. It gives you double the adjustment for toe in the rear. I had same issue, I spent $200 At the dealership only for them to giv eme the car back with the toe horribly off, after I took it home I adjusted everything, and ordered the Adjustabel Toe bolt kit, took me about 2 hours to do the whole thing , but man does it make it easy to do an alignment. Then took my Car to Town Fair Tire and got a $49 4 wheel alignment and it perfect now. I also have the Eibach pro kit , SPC front Control arm and SPC rear camber arm. 2008 G35XS.
very cool. thanks for the advice. Ill ask the guys at the shop to see if i get the toe kit then would they be able to set everything in spec.

Old 03-30-2011, 11:00 PM
Received 227 Likes on 143 Posts
I m rolling on BC Coils with SPC camber kit and my toe is back in spec but my camber isnt i m running like -.5 in the front and -1.7 in the rear but its ok cause toe is what kills the tires and plus i like the cambered look so i might throw in some more when i go lower

also +1 on the spc toe bolts not only are they cheap but super easy to install

Old 03-31-2011, 12:13 AM
Originally Posted by ChinkyChoy
I m rolling on BC Coils with SPC camber kit and my toe is back in spec but my camber isnt i m running like -.5 in the front and -1.7 in the rear but its ok cause toe is what kills the tires and plus i like the cambered look so i might throw in some more when i go lower

also +1 on the spc toe bolts not only are they cheap but super easy to install
oh so you are also having problems getting the rear camber back to spec. i know having a little negative camber is alright, just want to see if anyone else is having the same issue.

Old 03-31-2011, 01:05 AM

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by Lucky_One
oh so you are also having problems getting the rear camber back to spec. i know having a little negative camber is alright, just want to see if anyone else is having the same issue.
If you bought the Eibach kit (made by SPC) there are actually 2 part numbers available for the rear kit. One is for the toe bolts. The other part number is for the camber arms AND toes bolts together.

I have the SPC kit front and rear, but I don't have the AWD. My front and rear alignment are both within factory spec.

Old 03-31-2011, 09:23 AM
Originally Posted by terrycs
If you bought the Eibach kit (made by SPC) there are actually 2 part numbers available for the rear kit. One is for the toe bolts. The other part number is for the camber arms AND toes bolts together.

I have the SPC kit front and rear, but I don't have the AWD. My front and rear alignment are both within factory spec.
I also have both front and rear. Im not sure why my rear is not able to get within spec. i just remember that the rear camber kit also comes with the toe kit that sunny g35 mentioned.

Old 03-31-2011, 09:53 AM
Originally Posted by Lucky_One
the shop said that they could get the camber back in to spec but they said with my wheels and drop they would put in some camber to avoid rubbing and clearance issues

Old 04-01-2011, 09:54 AM
Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts
My toe is within spec but I run a little negative camber in the rear so my wheels are flush. My fronts are within spec cause they are tucked as hell lol
20x8.5 245/35 +38
20x10 285/30 +43

Old 04-01-2011, 10:25 AM
Received 73 Likes on 67 Posts
Lucky, the rear toe bolts requires dremeling the holes on the car bigger. If they just inserted the bolts, that's not going to do anything. You should easily be able to get within spec with the full rear SPC kit.

Old 04-01-2011, 11:10 PM
Originally Posted by mishmosh
Lucky, the rear toe bolts requires dremeling the holes on the car bigger. If they just inserted the bolts, that's not going to do anything. You should easily be able to get within spec with the full rear SPC kit.
hey thanks for the tip. Ill have to go back to the shop where i got it installed and see if they made the holes bigger.

Old 04-01-2011, 11:33 PM
Originally Posted by mishmosh
i didnt dremel the holes because the garage i was in didnt have one and the alignment shop still managed to get everything into spec

and i m pretty low

Old 04-01-2011, 11:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm in the same situation as the OP. X with Eibach PK and Eibach rear camber kit + toe bolts. They were only able to get my camber to -1.5 in the rear while keeping toe in spec.

I'm wondering now if the shop that installed my camber kit enlarged the holes for the toe bolts? Is it possible that even with the toe bolt kit properly installed that you still can't get camber into spec?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: ALL Lowered AWD people - Need alignment help