Installed Eibach Pro-Kit & Sways (Not happy)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-21-2011, 02:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Installed Eibach Pro-Kit & Sways (Not happy)

Hi Everyone,

Over the past weekend my father in law and I (well mostly him) installed the Eibach Pro-Kit (springs) and Anti-Roll Kit (Swaybars). Per my discussion with the people at Eibach I have the front swaybar on soft and the rear set to the middle. I still have body roll and am disapointed with the swaybars.

I know I need to get an alignment done ASAP I was just giving it a few days for the springs to settle but the sways seem to be a BIG disapointment out the box. The reason why I say this is because my buddy has the same car as me and installed the prokit with the stillen sways. Even before the alignment their was a huge difference from stock. The car really had a point it where you want it to go feeling with minimal body roll but mine doesn't. The only thing I could think of is that he has 20" rims whereas I have 19s (M45 sport wheels).

Does the wheel size 20 v. 19 really make much of a difference? I was under the impression since the Eibach sways are two way adjustable in the front and three way adjustable in the back they would be better than the Stillen sways but that doesn't seem to be the case. Can anyone help me on this? Especially anyone that has the Eibach swaybars.

A quick overview of my car.

2007 Journey Sedan with 19" M45 rims just installed Eibach Prokit & Swaybars. Too much body roll, car is not neutral around corners. I don't have any spacers (does that matter when it comes to handeling?).

Thanks in advance for your help

Old 09-21-2011, 04:50 PM
Received 184 Likes on 159 Posts
Not sure why you dint go with hotchkis since they have had almost all positive reviews on handling and are a bit thicker from what iv seen and the front stiffness is increased by over 200% not sure what eibach numbers are.

Since you have the front set to soft that could be the reason, set front to more aggressive setting and that should help remedy the situation some what at least.

19->20 helps handling but would not be enough of a difference to explain such a difference in body roll, it has to be the difference in sways between your car and his

The following users liked this post:
Domesticdemon (09-21-2011)
Old 09-21-2011, 05:13 PM
Damn, are you serious? ****, I was going to jump on the Hotchkis group buy but I got a really good deal on these from Autoanything and since SoundMike had posted a good review of the Eibachs I decided to give them a try. I'm hoping others will chip in, as I've been told that even on the soft setting the Eibachs are supposed to be good

Old 09-27-2011, 07:07 PM
I just got my car aligned today. As expected I need a camber kit.
Front is -1.4 Rear is at -1.9

The guy at the shop said I should be ok with the fronts just need to rotate every so often but the rears are a bit off so I'll get the rear toebolts to fixt it.

Drove the car and still not impressed with the drive. I will be adjusting the sways in the front and rear to hard and see if that makes a difference. Also my front tires are shot so I'm gonna need those.

Any input on the Eibach swaybar kit would be appreciated guys.

Old 09-28-2011, 09:10 AM
Received 137 Likes on 128 Posts
Since your front tires are shot that may also play a huge roll in the lack of response you're feeling.

Domesticdemon (09-28-2011)
Old 09-28-2011, 09:27 AM
Received 318 Likes on 221 Posts
it could be that the suspension was not put back together properly, happened to a friend that did that combo went and got his alignment done and fixed the issue and worked out nice, never took a ride in the car though

i have the eibach springs/sways on my coupe soft in the front and mid in the rear it is stiffer than the OEM sport sways

wheel size shouldnt matter, proper alignment will help with grip

Old 09-28-2011, 03:34 PM
Received 213 Likes on 156 Posts
If you felt any kind of improvement, albeit minimal, then chances are something else is at play.

I tried the Eibach's on full stiff and it was too much for my daily driving coupled with the BC coils and braces. It's back to soft up front and OEM in the rear.

As some have already pointed out, it could be the tires, error with installation or alignment issues. How's your toe looking?

Old 09-28-2011, 04:55 PM
Originally Posted by blnewt
Since your front tires are shot that may also play a huge roll in the lack of response you're feeling.
Yeah I'm thinking the tires are playing a roll in this as well. Will be changing out the fronts since a cord is showing on the driver's tire now.

Originally Posted by rhampsterwha2
it could be that the suspension was not put back together properly, happened to a friend that did that combo went and got his alignment done and fixed the issue and worked out nice, never took a ride in the car though

i have the eibach springs/sways on my coupe soft in the front and mid in the rear it is stiffer than the OEM sport sways

wheel size shouldnt matter, proper alignment will help with grip
Just had an alignment done yesterday at a race shop (they work on race car suspensions). I was a little concerned with install but I worked on it with my father in law and he did a good job with it (I confirmed with the alignment place everything was in order).

Originally Posted by soundmike
If you felt any kind of improvement, albeit minimal, then chances are something else is at play.

I tried the Eibach's on full stiff and it was too much for my daily driving coupled with the BC coils and braces. It's back to soft up front and OEM in the rear.

As some have already pointed out, it could be the tires, error with installation or alignment issues. How's your toe looking?
I was waiting on you to respond in this Mike I did feel an improvement over the stock sways just disapointed with the bodyroll. I drove my buddy's car again last night and feel a little better about my car. I was getting to a point of just returnign the sways. He has more bodyroll then I previously thought, but the car does feel a little more planted. I had an alignment done yesterday and the toe was off in front and back. They fixed the toe and the car does feel it drives straighter lol. I'm getting the rear camber kit to bring it back to spec. Maybe my expectations were too high to begin with? Or because my front tires I'm not getting the same feel I should? I'm going to try full stiff on the front and either keep rear in the middle or go full stiff in rear and see how it drives. Mine is also a dd so we'll see how it goes. I just want this thing to be planted around corners (getting on or off the freeway lol).