UpRev ECU Upgrade

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-03-2009, 11:58 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by crazystand
I've got an appointment on the 27th to get my HFCs installed and the UpRev w/ Custom tune done.
Teaser!!! I'm jealious! GL w/the set up keep us post!!

Old 02-03-2009, 02:06 PM
Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts
Sounds awesome, Crazystand.... I'm hoping to have my Berk HFC's from the GB by the end of the week, so I can have those installed when I get my RevUp done and really get some HP increases!!!

Old 02-06-2009, 07:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm posting the video's to you tube now. I got my tune today. All my mods are in the sig.
I baseline Dyno'd 265 and after the uprev osiris tune I am running 278. The car is considerably quicker from the get go. After the intake and exhaust it seemed like a lost some response time, well its all back and then some now that I got the tune. We did like 5 of 6 dyno runs today and tweaked out the car and optimized for air fuel ratio, I added Valet Map, Tuned Map, and Normal Map to the car. It was about an hour drive home today and even though it was rush hour Friday, it was fun as heck! So far no issues and best bang for the buck so far. I'll post dyno graph later or on youtube or something. I dont have graph of baseline dyno, just last one.

Old 02-06-2009, 07:57 PM
That's great stevej88! Can't wait to see all the media.

Old 02-06-2009, 10:22 PM
Glad to see you saw good gains after the tune. I might be interested in this later on down the road, going to see what happens after my exhaust is installed paired with my intake. Keep us posted

Old 02-06-2009, 11:11 PM
Link to the youtube I posted.
Final Run with Dyno Chart

Attached Thumbnails UpRev ECU Upgrade-dyno-crop.jpg  
Old 02-06-2009, 11:25 PM
Originally Posted by G35driver101
Glad to see you saw good gains after the tune. I might be interested in this later on down the road, going to see what happens after my exhaust is installed paired with my intake. Keep us posted
I've seen other posts in the forum from the Technosquare guys saying that running with aftermarket intakes is a waste... I left mine on because it just made sense, but others have supposedly proven anthing other than stock intakes is a waste. I dont know how this is affected with a tune.

With that said the guys at SnR used cipher to datalog while I was on the dyno and noted that I had a lot of air coming in, not sure if it was too much but I wonder if leaving off the stillen intakes would have given me better numbers.. I don't know. If you can do it, bring your stock intakes and do it both ways, I didn't think about it until I was already there.

Anyways.. Good luck let us know.

Old 02-07-2009, 12:17 AM
Stevej88, are you using the Stillen Gen 3 intakes or the Gen 2s?

Old 02-07-2009, 12:22 AM
Originally Posted by crazystand
Stevej88, are you using the Stillen Gen 3 intakes or the Gen 2s?
2nd gen, not the new ones

Old 02-07-2009, 01:22 AM
Thats great bro, getting more tunes on the 2nd gens. Time to take over lmao

Old 02-07-2009, 02:37 AM
278 whp 224wtq are great numbers, but i think this engine can definitely do better. stillen intake is the #1 thing holding you back. either get the stillen 3g intake or go back to stock, and u might see ur whp jump to as high as like 300whp. other intakes have been THAT bad lol. i understand if you'd rather just keep ur intake for sound though, thats cool, some people have other priorities besides max power. also, im shocked nobody has sprung for the stillen headers for our car. if i remember correctly, after a tune, it produced some serious power on a g37 coupe over on myg37.com.

personally, i've already pretty much decided that my setup will eventually be stillen 3g intake, berk hfc, and borla full catback, and a tune. maybe stillen headers if someone will bite the bullet and get them and show us some dynos. but of course money is holding me back right now, plus theres no reason to rush because none of the tuning companies have fully released their products for our car, besides technosquare who is 4 billion miles away from me.

Old 02-07-2009, 08:14 AM
Wink

Originally Posted by markk132
278 whp 224wtq are great numbers, but i think this engine can definitely do better. stillen intake is the #1 thing holding you back. either get the stillen 3g intake or go back to stock, and u might see ur whp jump to as high as like 300whp. other intakes have been THAT bad lol. i understand if you'd rather just keep ur intake for sound though, thats cool, some people have other priorities besides max power. also, im shocked nobody has sprung for the stillen headers for our car. if i remember correctly, after a tune, it produced some serious power on a g37 coupe over on myg37.com.

personally, i've already pretty much decided that my setup will eventually be stillen 3g intake, berk hfc, and borla full catback, and a tune. maybe stillen headers if someone will bite the bullet and get them and show us some dynos. but of course money is holding me back right now, plus theres no reason to rush because none of the tuning companies have fully released their products for our car, besides technosquare who is 4 billion miles away from me.
+100000 It's nice gain Steve!!! but this VQ will do pretty much gain like 300 It's seem like the intake issue.
I have already told many people about this set up but seem no one agree with me.It's been proven with many dyno'd.The best set up that i've seen from TS reflash in order to get 300 is

Intake: Stillen 3G,Injen CAI,JWT PopC and STOCK!!! nothing other than this since i have seen

The most important things to get 300+ is HFC'S either from BERK's or FI and Stillen
you will have alot of HP gain.

Header is also a must but it's seem the best one for now is IMPUL which is too pricey!!!! G35robby got it!!!!
Stillen Header...Nah!! Cheap Welding!! If you wanna know more search on
G37driver about the review.

Last edited by earth0; 02-07-2009 at 08:19 AM.
Old 02-07-2009, 08:20 AM
^ nicely said earth0 But I think I read somewhere that the Stillen headers don't fit because of our drive shaft or something, am I wrong?

Old 02-07-2009, 08:25 AM
Originally Posted by Csquared
^ nicely said earth0 But I think I read somewhere that the Stillen headers don't fit because of our drive shaft or something, am I wrong?
Yes, It has been an issued but I think they already fixed it.. Let's check.

Old 02-07-2009, 08:29 AM
Interesting.....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: UpRev ECU Upgrade