UpRev ECU Upgrade

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-07-2009, 11:51 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by markk132
278 whp 224wtq are great numbers, but i think this engine can definitely do better. stillen intake is the #1 thing holding you back. either get the stillen 3g intake or go back to stock, and u might see ur whp jump to as high as like 300whp. other intakes have been THAT bad lol. i understand if you'd rather just keep ur intake for sound though, thats cool, some people have other priorities besides max power. also, im shocked nobody has sprung for the stillen headers for our car. if i remember correctly, after a tune, it produced some serious power on a g37 coupe over on myg37.com.

personally, i've already pretty much decided that my setup will eventually be stillen 3g intake, berk hfc, and borla full catback, and a tune. maybe stillen headers if someone will bite the bullet and get them and show us some dynos. but of course money is holding me back right now, plus theres no reason to rush because none of the tuning companies have fully released their products for our car, besides technosquare who is 4 billion miles away from me.
Nicely put, I'm almost tempted to put the stock intakes back on today just to see what would happen. I'm not too concerned about the sound "although I say that now I may regret it when i don't hear that roar"

Although my tune is over I saw a 2007 Z ("Kennedy" on here) with HR motor get 281 to the wheels with just catback exhaust. His was a manual so I think there is a little less power loss with manual than Auto.

The wheels are spinning now, on one hand I don't want to throw off my tune and on the other I don't want to mess anything up like running too rich now.

Also just to mention after the stillen high flow cats install the service engine soon light came on which I spoke to stillen about it and they said they would ship out extensions if it had happened.. I noticed a pretty big difference with the highflows and can atest to that fact.

I think I'm going to head to the garage to put my stocks back on. I will let you all know how it feels when I'm done. Hope I don't have to buy new tires afterward.

Old 02-07-2009, 06:10 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Csquared
^ nicely said earth0 But I think I read somewhere that the Stillen headers don't fit because of our drive shaft or something, am I wrong?
Originally Posted by earth0
Yes, It has been an issued but I think they already fixed it.. Let's check.
I thought this problem was fixed too.
Not really sure. But the day i posted that g35parts.com had them for sale for our cars i was shocked lol.
Did anyone check with stillen?

oh ya, im getting my headers back on monday, WOOHOOOOO
Nice thick welds and painted. Time to get my hfc and exhaust at FI, put my headers back on, put the new pulley on, and go for another tune.

Old 02-07-2009, 06:26 PM
Lucky you Robby......

Old 02-07-2009, 06:37 PM
^haha not really bro lol
I spent more money on these headers from buying them from japan, shipping them, getting them fabricated, getting them installed, taking them off, getting them rewelded, and painted.
I spent over 3000 just for these damn things.
I could bought tires, lug nuts, center caps, and a drop for my rims and still have money left over lmao

Old 02-07-2009, 10:39 PM
Originally Posted by G35Robby
^haha not really bro lol
I spent more money on these headers from buying them from japan, shipping them, getting them fabricated, getting them installed, taking them off, getting them rewelded, and painted.
I spent over 3000 just for these damn things.
I could bought tires, lug nuts, center caps, and a drop for my rims and still have money left over lmao
Rewelded? Why? it's impul.

Old 02-07-2009, 10:45 PM
^ thats what i want to know

Old 02-08-2009, 05:46 AM
Originally Posted by earth0
Rewelded? Why? it's impul.
This story is long lol

Everyone listen so I wont have to say it again ever, jp haha

Well my friend Wyn is in Japan and he was the one helping me find all these parts in Japan. So I asked him to find me IMPUL headers. I thought it would've been cheaper, but it was about the same price shipped. But they were meant for a G37 coupe. He said there is a shop that can test it out and fabricate it to fit on the sedan. I found out that the our steering column is in the way on the G37 headers. So they cut 2 pipes, made is shorter and in more of an angle and welded that back together.
So a month later they come in and I got to a shop the next day to get them installed. I paid over 4 bills to get it installed and took about 4 hours to install.
I started to drive it and i felt like I lost power.
So I went back to TS to get a tune and I thought it might fix that problem.
I got up to 310whp from the previous 304whp I got at first. I went up only 6whp and Tadashi was confused why I got low numbers. He couldn't push it anymore.
So one day I decided to check my motor when the motor was running and I was hearing this High pitch sort of raspy sound. So I went back to shop to get them off.
As as soon as they came off, it was all black around this one weld. I checked and it was a crack about 1 inch long.
The crack was making me lose hp and i spent all that money on them, so decided to get them rewelded and also painted to have lower temperatures. I spent another 5 bills to do all that.
I'm not going to put that back on until I got to Fast Intentions to get my HFC and exhaust put on. Do it all at the same time you know.
I spent too much money just on fvcking headers.

Old 02-08-2009, 07:47 AM
Thanks for sharing!! G35Robby
Mann!! Is that cracked came from the second welded or from the Original IMPUL btw!!
I always wan to try the Stillen but afraid their Poor Welding.My Magnaflow Exhaust is coming next Tuesday.Let see how it's gonna work out with mine BERK's and Magnaflow H-Pipe waiting to install.

Old 02-08-2009, 10:38 AM
Thanks Robby,
Hey earth0 I thought you going with tanabe exahust

Old 02-08-2009, 12:11 PM
Yeh! but $620 shipped to NY for just Axle Back Exhaust seem to be BS for me( i'm sorry) and just minimal gain.I better safe money for somethingelse.
Right now i got H-Pipe and Magnaflow coming

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...3A11&viewitem=

I got it for $180 shipped! and Local shop gonna cost me approx.100-120.
What a safe!!!!

Old 02-08-2009, 01:30 PM
I think i'm gonna get A H pipe too with stock mufflers, but i'm just gonna have them cut out the Y and weld on a H

Old 02-10-2009, 09:37 PM
Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by G35Robby
I thought this problem was fixed too.
Not really sure. But the day i posted that g35parts.com had them for sale for our cars i was shocked lol.
Did anyone check with stillen?

oh ya, im getting my headers back on monday, WOOHOOOOO
Nice thick welds and painted. Time to get my hfc and exhaust at FI, put my headers back on, put the new pulley on, and go for another tune.
Hey Robby. The group buy for the Berk HFC's is still going throught this week. The Berk unit uses a slightly larger diameter piping than the FI and you won't have a problem with the CEL either. Let me know if you want the info on the GB.

Old 02-10-2009, 10:04 PM
Originally Posted by 2GoRNot2G
Hey Robby. The group buy for the Berk HFC's is still going throught this week. The Berk unit uses a slightly larger diameter piping than the FI and you won't have a problem with the CEL either. Let me know if you want the info on the GB.
Ya bro i'll let you know, i still need some more cash till i get everything.
I hate not having enough

Old 02-10-2009, 10:40 PM
Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts
Hey Robby, I just sent you a PM with some info on the Berk HFC's.

As far as H-Pipes / Y-Pipes... what are the options for our cars, and has anyone seen significant gains from these?

Old 02-13-2009, 02:49 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
anything new from uprev? is this product finalized?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: UpRev ECU Upgrade