Takeda (AFE) Short Ram Intake – First Impressions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-16-2009, 10:21 AM
Received 85 Likes on 74 Posts
Originally Posted by Wes_888
Scott they dont sell the heat shield as a stand alone product. I know this cuz someone thought the same.. but they said no. Its a package deal.
What if I own one and it gets damaged? I believe they would be able to supply individual parts if necessary.
Can someone get me a part number from the instructions? I'll take care of the rest.

Get on those CO measurements!! LOL
Had my golf league last night and the wife is out tonight, so I have the kids. I may be able to do it tomorrow night if I have time. Otherwise, it has to wait until Sunday, since I'll be at a meet on Saturday.
Busy, busy, busy

Old 07-16-2009, 10:36 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Borna
Point taken.

I understand your gripe about the heat from the radiator and it's nice that the Takeda intake comes with a heat shield for that area but what about the rest? There's a lot of heat that comes from the rest of the engine bay so just putting a heat shield next to the radiator can't be enough.

I'd guess the R2C and K&N block heat better since they provide heat shields for 3 sides of the intake rather than one heat shield for the back of the radiator.
Either way, congrats and hope you enjoy the Takedas.

Maybe one of these companies can make a heat shield like the Takeda and sell to people with the R2C and other intakes. That would be very good in terms of heat reduction.
I just heard that they are doing measurements for full heat shielding. I'm going to contact them to get more information.

Old 07-16-2009, 10:39 AM
Originally Posted by flyt89
nice intakes. i have the injen sri and i dont like the fitment i might have to get myself the takeda's. just wondering why didnt you put the clips on the black rubber tubes that connect to the intake?
The clips don't really help any. They are on the very snug and I would be flabbergasted (yes I said it) if they ever came off or lose. I have all the clips, just not sure they'll get used.

Old 07-16-2009, 10:46 AM
Shh... some top secret info I got from the guys at AFE... shhh.......

They are working on an Intake Manifold Plenum Spacer.....

I didn't tell you!

Old 07-16-2009, 10:47 AM
nice intakes. i have the injen sri and i dont like the fitment i might have to get myself the takeda's.
Are you sure you installed them correctly?

I have the Injen SRI and fitment is 110% perfect.

Old 07-16-2009, 10:48 AM
Originally Posted by jack090
Shh... some top secret info I got from the guys at AFE... shhh.......

They are working on an Intake Manifold Plenum Spacer.....

I didn't tell you!
I thought our engine wasn't compatible

Old 07-16-2009, 10:57 AM
BTW you can buy the intake from Takeda Directly. I told them about this site, and they said to use coupon code: THEORY at checkout to get 20% off. (I think it puts it roughly at $293). It says on the website that it's still on pre-order, but they are shipping now. (They said they would fix that this morning to show ready to ship).

Old 07-16-2009, 10:58 AM
Originally Posted by AesonVirus
I thought our engine wasn't compatible
I have no idea, they said it's a project they are working on for our sedans and the g37's. No ETA for the product though.

Old 07-16-2009, 01:27 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Do you have an idea of how long that coupon will be valid?

Old 07-16-2009, 01:44 PM
I can't find it on their website. I just see G37 coupe. Do you have a part number?

EDIT: I just found it on their website, but can't find it at their checkout website on shopatron.

Last edited by ced357; 07-16-2009 at 01:49 PM.
Old 07-16-2009, 02:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Are you sure you installed them correctly?

I have the Injen SRI and fitment is 110% perfect.
i installed it right its just that the injen tube with the maf sensor tends to pop in and out of the rubber coupling by the filter. its because there is a bump on the metal piping and if its not tightened in the right spot it slides off

Old 07-16-2009, 04:58 PM
i installed it right its just that the injen tube with the maf sensor tends to pop in and out of the rubber coupling by the filter. its because there is a bump on the metal piping and if its not tightened in the right spot it slides off
I found the same thing. Insert the pipe into the rubber and as soon as you put the screwdriver to the clamp, the pipe squirted out of the rubber.
I cleaned the pipe and the inside of the rubber tube. It's very solid now and the rubber no longer slides around at all. In fact, I have a hard time getting it apart now. It takes some serious pulling to pop them apart.

Old 07-16-2009, 06:34 PM
What if I own one and it gets damaged? I believe they would be able to supply individual parts if necessary.
Can someone get me a part number from the instructions? I'll take care of the rest.

hehe good luck with that one Scott! hope it works out.

Had my golf league last night and the wife is out tonight, so I have the kids. I may be able to do it tomorrow night if I have time. Otherwise, it has to wait until Sunday, since I'll be at a meet on Saturday.
Busy, busy, busy
hollaaaaa... lol

Old 07-16-2009, 06:36 PM
Originally Posted by jack090
BTW you can buy the intake from Takeda Directly. I told them about this site, and they said to use coupon code: THEORY at checkout to get 20% off. (I think it puts it roughly at $293). It says on the website that it's still on pre-order, but they are shipping now. (They said they would fix that this morning to show ready to ship).
Thanks for this info!!! 20%!!! woot woot!!!!!

I would definately prefer to order from Takeda directly than from a vendor that has a bad rep...

Old 07-16-2009, 06:36 PM
Hey Jack - any new driving impressions?

and when do you think you can hook us up with vids?

also I checked the website link you sent us, the only takeda intakes I saw was for a G37 coupe on the listing to "add to cart". I didnt see one for the 4 door version. Is it the same?

Last edited by Wes_888; 07-16-2009 at 08:42 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Takeda (AFE) Short Ram Intake – First Impressions