Exhaust Accessories...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-30-2009, 12:20 AM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Exhaust Accessories...

For those of us who are interested in purchasing used exhaust what accessories does the exhaust come with new? Such as gaskets, spacers, screws, bolts, etc.? What should I be looking for in terms of condition? I don't want to buy an exhaust that is leaking or has a bad weld...

Judging from this picture on Fast Intentions website it seems as though the exhaust does come with several "accessories".

I want to know if I would need to buy anything separately apart from the used exhaust. Should I be purchasing new gaskets? If so, what type?

Thanks

http://fastintentions.com/exhaust/in...n/IMG_3845.JPG

Old 10-02-2009, 02:18 AM
For example, if you purchase a brand new exhaust. While installing the exhaust are there any gaskets that should be replaced. I know of a few people who have other cars (STI,EVO) that bought new gaskets when they purchased a new exhaust. They said it helps achieve a better seal so that you don't experience any leaks.

Is there any gaskets in the G35 exhaust system? I can't seem to find any on parts website, except for the exhaust manifold gasket...

Old 10-02-2009, 03:02 AM
Received 80 Likes on 65 Posts
Honda Accord
Hm... It seems like you already know what to get. It's pretty standard stuffs like new gaskets and a few bolts and washers here and there (if needed). Also, check the welds on the exhaust hangers and all the seam welds to see if there are any leaks or cracks.

What exhaust you gonna get?? Usually the crush gaskets would work, but you'd need to know the size and types...

I'd contact the exhaust manufacturer to see if they can sell you some gaskets or at least ask them the types and sizes so you can source them yourself.

PS. DON'T GET ALUMINUM BOLTS!

Old 10-02-2009, 06:59 PM
Originally Posted by B L U E S L A T E
Hm... It seems like you already know what to get. It's pretty standard stuffs like new gaskets and a few bolts and washers here and there (if needed). Also, check the welds on the exhaust hangers and all the seam welds to see if there are any leaks or cracks.

What exhaust you gonna get?? Usually the crush gaskets would work, but you'd need to know the size and types...

I'd contact the exhaust manufacturer to see if they can sell you some gaskets or at least ask them the types and sizes so you can source them yourself.

PS. DON'T GET ALUMINUM BOLTS!
I'm thinking about either Stillen or FI. Friend of mine stated that it should be the same gaskets as per the OEM exhaust. I tried looking up the part #'s but I couldn't find any gaskets except for the manifold.

Do you think an aftermarket exhaust will need different size gaskets that the stock oem exhaust?

Thanks for your input.

Adam