OEM battery finally went out

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-31-2010, 06:23 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mine died this weekend. Car has 11K miles on it. I got an Autozone Duralast Gold and if it dies in 3 years I get a new one for 100% free, not pro-rated.

Old 05-31-2010, 08:09 AM
i replaced my oem battery on my 03 coupe a few months ago. seemed to hold up alright for about 7 years and 92k miles. i was actually suprised to see a OEM last so long. i used to work at advanced auto parts and generally batteries seemed to last around 3 years. i know that it can drastically change due to extreme hot/cold.
i went with an optima yellow top and havent had any complaints.

Old 11-17-2010, 11:05 AM
hey how do you change it? it looks like it might not come out. is it just unplug the terminals and slide it out like normal? or do i have to remove the computer in front of it? it looks pretty tight.. any secrets or things i should know before hand??
2007 G35X thanks all......

Old 11-17-2010, 01:20 PM
Originally Posted by Roblinds
hey how do you change it? it looks like it might not come out. is it just unplug the terminals and slide it out like normal? or do i have to remove the computer in front of it? it looks pretty tight.. any secrets or things i should know before hand??
2007 G35X thanks all......
There is more to replacing it than a typical car. You should find some how-to's on the internet before you begin. Also, look up what to do when the windows don't roll up after you are done. That happens to some of us and it's easier to find the fix beforehand. Check infinitihelp.com forums too.

Get the best battery available at your local auto parts store and you should be fine. Just make sure it fits the G which is pretty easy to do with the help of the store rep. I got the store brand battery and it works great, is priced reasonably and comes with a good warranty.

Old 11-17-2010, 02:09 PM
ill check the infinitihelp.com forums.. thanks. thats what i am looking for is the issues before i do it. i am handy but need some specifics..

Old 11-17-2010, 02:30 PM
Received 184 Likes on 159 Posts
to change it, you will have to remove the top plastic surround till the half way mark of your windshield, take out the push type retainers and pull the top rubber seal gently and then the plastic shroud comes out, then simply unbolt the holder and terminals and the battery is out.

Nothing else needs to be taken out, once u get the plastic taken off its just like any other car.

You will loose ur radio presets, memory positions and auto windows.

memory positions is easy to fix since your adjustments wont change while changing out the battery, all you have to do is to save the current position without changing anything

For windows is an easy reset as well, bring all windows down half way, then one by one bring them up and down and hold in that position for ~15-20secs each.

All done.
Hope it helps

Old 11-17-2010, 03:16 PM
aahh ok thats what i needed- its just 3-4 plastic body clips that hold that plastic surround on right? its already in two halves?

auto windows i dont think i have that? what is that?.... i have the premium package tho.....i wonder if that window re set will help cause it seems i have a slight air leak up in the corner of the windo..maybe its not closed all the way? ..tell me more about the auto windows please THANK YOU!

Old 11-17-2010, 08:14 PM
link to forum about window issue.

It took me 10 seconds to find this using Google.

Old 11-17-2010, 10:08 PM
the auto windows i was referring to is actually the one touch up and down feature and nothing that would further close the window better. Its just the feature that comes with premium pkg(that u should have) which allows all your windows to go and/or down with one touch rather than holding down on the button. hope this helps

Old 11-18-2010, 08:35 AM
Received 213 Likes on 156 Posts
Originally Posted by Roblinds
aahh ok thats what i needed- its just 3-4 plastic body clips that hold that plastic surround on right? its already in two halves?
Here's my write-up with some photos, might help a little.

http://gshack.org/?p=181

Old 11-18-2010, 12:33 PM
nice job mike thats one detailed DIY! that ought to help a lot of folks here who are confused about the removal! maybe u should make a thread with this link and have it stickied too.

Old 11-18-2010, 12:51 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Damn I read this and was thinking that my OEM battery is doing pretty good. My car was in the shop for two weeks (waiting for steering rack replacement). I drove it yesterday and the shifts were harder and my stereo volume was acting funny. So now I have to replace the battery as well.

Mike thanks for the write-up

Old 11-18-2010, 01:57 PM
^ no need to replace it until u really need to imo. just take to ur local autozone or such and have them test it for free.

Old 11-18-2010, 02:12 PM
I plan on putting a sub/amp in there in the next two weeks so I want to get a new one!

Old 11-27-2010, 02:07 PM
Will a group 24 battery fit in our battery compartment?
It was all they had at the store. The computer says it fits but First hand experience is often more valuable for something like this.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: OEM battery finally went out