Just ordered the Hypertech Sport tuner!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-18-2010, 06:19 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just ordered the Hypertech Sport tuner!!

UPDATE- UPDATE-UPDATE-INSTALLED!

It will be in on Saturday, will let you guys know how it works out. Its a fairly new product and looking forward to it. They dynoed a 2008 G35 Sedan (Stock) and developed the program (map) for it. Will report back....I will able to remove the speed limiter, remove the WOT, adjust the rpms, and a few other things.

Just want to see how she will run w/o the WOT!!!
I paid $389.00 plus taxs down here in Louisiana.

My car:
2008 G35 Sedan / Sport and Premium package
Betty's Grounding kit

Update- Installed

Installed part #62005 / Same weight, same weather conditions and same road
From a stand still "before" install with accelerator to the floor; tires would slip and catch, slip and catch for approx 8 ft(?)then gain traction and pull forward.

"After" install, tires would spin completely and the back-end would start to drift to the left, gain traction then pull forward.
Thoughts: Some improvement in the lower end.
General Power:
"Before" the install I find the accelerator was "VERY" abrupt. The acceleration would kick in on certain rpms and would kick you back in the seat and many of times catch you off guard and the car would pull like a train the rest of the way. I sorta like that lol.
I left the rpms stock becuase on the dyno map it peaked at 7300 so I figured no reason to go higher.

"After" install, the power delivery was smooth through the entire rev range. My acceleration was a lot more smoother and controllable if this make any sense (?) It was no longer all or nother type of acceleration. I can only assume that my mileage will be better due to the smoother power band.

Installation was simple, plug and play. the first thing it does is ask if you want to install the turner map then asked if I wanted to remove the throttle restriction, set the rpm, and set top seed. I took off throttle restriction (if there was any to begin with), I left the rpms stock and I removed the top speed limiter.
Thoughts: Smoother acceleration and power delivery so for. I guess that's a good thing

Most of my driver is on the Hwy, so I will take it out and se how it goes...
Still to early to determine if its worth the investment or not. Will report my findings daily.

Question, was there any problems (if you want to call it that) with very abrupt throttle acceleration with the G's with the stock settings. It was like a turbo kicking in at times.
I have a late model 2008 G with Sport / Premium Package. All stock except Betty's grounding kit. I have a set of K&Ns on order.

Ok, just read that the 07 auto had the throttle issue and was corrected on the 08's. Oh, well mine is smoother now..

Last edited by headshot; 03-20-2010 at 07:29 PM.
Old 03-18-2010, 07:37 AM
Received 184 Likes on 159 Posts
Nice, bat got this a while back and was selling it in the marketplace a bit cheaper, always best to check there first to save a few $. Still cant wait to hear your review on the WOT.

Old 03-18-2010, 09:47 AM
Didn't know about the marketplace. Still new around here and it's a large web site. Still learning my way around here.
I am always looking to support the dealers on the site first.

Old 03-18-2010, 02:15 PM
^ that always helps. btw the gains on the dyno were +5hp +7lb from bat6wc. But the main advantage of this tuner should be the WOT restriction removal which should help the car accelerate much faster. awaiting your review.

Old 03-18-2010, 03:01 PM

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by headshot
Just want to see how she will run w/o the WOT!!!
I've never heard of this issue. Can you please elaborate? Are you talking about changing the redline?

Old 03-18-2010, 03:26 PM
Will the Hypertech tune work on Euro spec G????

Old 03-18-2010, 03:45 PM
Originally Posted by terrycs
I've never heard of this issue. Can you please elaborate? Are you talking about changing the redline?
Well I believe its from either 0 to 40 mph that the throttle opens up only 60%. From a stand still if you put your foot into it, the throttle will not open 100% until it reaches approx 40 mph. In turn it robs a little performance.
This would give you the option to remove that feature.
I may be off on my numbers, but you get the idea...

Old 03-18-2010, 03:46 PM
Originally Posted by terrycs
Well terry for a long time it was said that the G had throttle restriction on initial acceleration in 1st gear at WOT to avoid damage to the car from factory where the butterfly valve only opened around 70-80% initially and then went to 100% after a certain speed/rpm.

After some research i believe bullydog and Hypertech were able to state that this was in fact a restriction on our cars, and while bullydog decided not to allow the option to remove it to avoid any damage, Hypertech has decided to offer this option where the butterfly valve will open 100% at WOT even from a stop at owners risk of course.

Hope this helps.

Old 03-18-2010, 06:31 PM
Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts
The throttle on the twin intake cars already goes right to 100% from the dead stop, but the older single intake cars were limited by the factory. It's the information from Uprev.

Old 03-18-2010, 08:38 PM
You're Despicable

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts
First time I hear about this WOT restriction

Old 03-18-2010, 08:47 PM
Originally Posted by harp00n
The throttle on the twin intake cars already goes right to 100% from the dead stop, but the older single intake cars were limited by the factory. It's the information from Uprev.
Well this just enforces my feeling on my car. Because when I would put my foot into from a dead stop. It appeared that everything was open and the car pull hard from the start. Nothing like my 09 Max that has the WOT restriction.
So I was thinking, man if this car is restricted at bottom end, it must be some awesome if I can remove the WOT restriction. Oh well, that's just one adjustment I do not need to do with the hypertech

Old 03-18-2010, 08:50 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Ive never heard of this either. However, i would prefer the way the throttle works now so i can actually maintain traction from a dig. 100% throttle from a standstill only means tire spin

Old 03-19-2010, 01:24 AM
Received 41 Likes on 26 Posts
First off, if you go WOT (100% pedal) from a stop, the butterfly valves only open to 25% until 3K RPM. When the pedal is at 56%, the valves only open to 20%. The max the butterfly vales open at is 87%. They never open more than that. These are the figures from the throttle tables that are programmed on the ECU.

Old 03-19-2010, 01:29 AM
That makes sense so i guess what hypertech is claiming here is that it removes that restriction from 25% to 87% in this case which should make a difference, i personally dont know this for sure and all i say is from what i have picked up from other peoples posts and hypertechs claims.

Old 03-19-2010, 06:45 AM
Well I will post back Saturday as soon as I install and take a run. I already did a few little runs to get a good feeling on how the car performs now. I am being open minded about it!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Just ordered the Hypertech Sport tuner!!