MOD: Make your X 100% RWD. NO JOKE

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-29-2011, 01:46 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yea I have compared, and there is no different at all in MPG. Just you dont burn through tires as quickly cause its RWD not AWD. I did just plug it back in after going 4 months of RWD cause it decided to snow 4 inches in NY... but no issues so far. As your the wire you cut GXXXV, that was probably one of the sensor wires to activate the AWD(whether is the snow mode engage, slipping at the line, or it could also be the wire to switch from AWD back to RWD)

Old 10-29-2011, 01:47 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
And its of course slightly quicker in AWD, if you have the xtra weight for the AWD system and you actually want to race than yea plug it back in, but everyone knows RWD is more fun in the summer

Old 10-30-2011, 02:38 AM
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
GXXXV X,

some switches sold at RadioShack will actually ground the load side when switched off. This may mean that you are not breaking the circuit even when the switch is in the off position. Does it work when you have the wires separated manually without a switch?
Also, I'd be curious to find out if the AWD or any other lights for that matter come on when the module is disengaged.

Old 10-30-2011, 09:12 AM
Received 66 Likes on 61 Posts
Originally Posted by G3Sx
GXXXV X,

some switches sold at RadioShack will actually ground the load side when switched off. This may mean that you are not breaking the circuit even when the switch is in the off position. Does it work when you have the wires separated manually without a switch?
Also, I'd be curious to find out if the AWD or any other lights for that matter come on when the module is disengaged.
thanks for the info, ill try that!

and also yes, only the AWD yellow light remains on the whole time

Old 10-30-2011, 01:34 PM
Ok, thanks!

Old 11-16-2011, 06:18 PM
Received 66 Likes on 61 Posts
Ok I tried doing it without the switch and its definitely not the orange wire. I plugged the harness back into the unit but with the orange corner wire disconnected, and it didn't say anything about AWD problem on the dash ... can anybody please tell me which wire I should have cut?

Oh and also I found out that I don't have to remove the glove box every time I wanna unplug AWD lol

Old 11-16-2011, 08:01 PM
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by GXXXV X
Ok I tried doing it without the switch and its definitely not the orange wire. I plugged the harness back into the unit but with the orange corner wire disconnected, and it didn't say anything about AWD problem on the dash ... can anybody please tell me which wire I should have cut?

Oh and also I found out that I don't have to remove the glove box every time I wanna unplug AWD lol
Once the orange wire is disconnected, you'll have to ride the car the make the awd light appear. Let me know...

Old 11-21-2011, 09:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
does anyone know if this will work on the g37x? has anyone tried? please let me know. =)

Old 11-28-2011, 06:15 AM
if anyone don't want their awd car, trade it with me lol

sorry for my bs comment, lol...don't understand why you guys want to change your car to a rwd while I should had brought an awd

Old 04-06-2012, 12:54 PM
Hey guys,

This is a very interesting find. I'm going to fiddle with this later to see how much different it drives. Also, has anyone tried this with a FI (turbo/SC) application? I've only seen a few X's with a FI setup, none pushing more than 400hp. Would our cars be more receptive to higher hp with the AWD system turned off...I'm assuming it would be safer this way, risking little or no damage to the AWD system... Thoughts?

Old 04-06-2012, 07:02 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but since this thread has been started I could have sworn to have seen this as a standard feature in the GT-R. ??? I just did a quick search for this and wasn't able to find anything solid. I did stumble onto a thread (referring to a GT-R) where this is being discussed and a Nissan master tech chimed in to say that if he downloads the blackbox and finds that the awd system had been disabled, he will immediately void the owner's warranty. Besides the last several seconds of data before airbag deployment, I don't believe our cars record anythng else like the GT-R though.

Old 04-06-2012, 07:42 PM
Received 184 Likes on 159 Posts
^ our cars also do has a blackbox from what i recall, as for the GT-R its all time awd and messing with is or the VDC does void warranty as explicitly stated in their warranty booklet with no leeway, as for the G or in fact any other car, when u modify anything they can turn and point towards that mod(and have to prove by law that the mod caused it) if you have any serious problems down the road.

Now if you mod the X to RWD and u break something while attempting a burnout or such then im sure the blackbox will log the fact that the AWD system was not working at least beyond that im not sure how intelligent the boxes are in our cars and this could be the bases to decline warranty repairs if they can prove that AWD system was manually messed with.

Basically any mod you do to your car has the potential to void your warranty so just pick and choose your mods on your own risk...

Old 07-05-2012, 01:02 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My 2 cents, AWD cars tend to be very stable and though they can be drifted, it generally takes more aggressive inputs and higher speeds to upset an AWD car. rwd gets sideways at relatively 'safer' speeds and gives me lots of smiles and thrills without blitzing around at quazar speed.
And re: the mod, if i had AWD i would definitelty try it!! do the AWD G's have oem lsd's out back ???

Old 07-05-2012, 02:00 PM
Received 184 Likes on 159 Posts
^ nope awd G sedans dont have LSD since they are meant to be awd its not really needed.

Old 07-05-2012, 02:07 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Ew, so this mod would make it One tire fire!! lol

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: MOD: Make your X 100% RWD. NO JOKE