Motordyne ART query

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-07-2011, 11:47 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Motordyne ART query

Hi

Anyone here running the MD ARTs on a second gen sedan?? would love to have some reviews...almost in the process of getting one

thanks in advance guys!

Last edited by arjunb; 02-07-2011 at 11:51 AM.
Old 02-07-2011, 05:23 PM
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
I haven't seen or heard about anybody else with these test pipes beside myself. This is kind of strange after seeing the power gains these pipes provided for the DE. Below is the link to a post regarding these pipes with more info.

My cars been sleeping since Nov but I'm getting an UpRev dyno tune at AMS Performance (shop looks sick) in Chicago this spring. I could definately feel a lot of power gained when I put these pipes on. I was running the Gen 3 and the Invidia exhaust before putting on the pipes. I'll post my dyno charts after the tune. My G breathes great and I'm confident the dyno charts will reflect this.... hoping for 280+ wheel HP.

https://g35driver.com/forums/v36-eng...est-pipes.html

http://www.amsperformance.com/

Old 02-08-2011, 12:06 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I switched my Fast Intentions HFC's out about a week ago for the Art test pipes. I cannot say that I can feel I huge jump in power, but my car does seem more responsive torque wise. I am also running a 2.25 full custom exhaust, Fujita air intakes, Uprev tune, and a few other mods. I definately suggest to at least reset your ECU after putting these on and an Uprev tune to get the most performance out of them. Sound wise these are slightly louder than the HFC's, but definately not obnoxious sounding like some test pipes I've heard. I think these are great for anyone that may be going forced induction in the future.

Old 02-08-2011, 07:58 AM
Originally Posted by TomPeters
I haven't seen or heard about anybody else with these test pipes beside myself. This is kind of strange after seeing the power gains these pipes provided for the DE. Below is the link to a post regarding these pipes with more info.

My cars been sleeping since Nov but I'm getting an UpRev dyno tune at AMS Performance (shop looks sick) in Chicago this spring. I could definately feel a lot of power gained when I put these pipes on. I was running the Gen 3 and the Invidia exhaust before putting on the pipes. I'll post my dyno charts after the tune. My G breathes great and I'm confident the dyno charts will reflect this.... hoping for 280+ wheel HP.

https://g35driver.com/forums/v36-eng...est-pipes.html

http://www.amsperformance.com/
cool! thanks for that,

I already have the UpRev, but I guess, will have to go in for a retune once these pipes are on...cuz earlier it was done with just a Stillen gen2 CAI and exhaust...now it'll be these + UR CP + ART

will post the dyno once I install the MDs..by the way, whats the waiting on these from date of order..

Old 02-08-2011, 07:59 AM
Originally Posted by Mkai0
I switched my Fast Intentions HFC's out about a week ago for the Art test pipes. I cannot say that I can feel I huge jump in power, but my car does seem more responsive torque wise. I am also running a 2.25 full custom exhaust, Fujita air intakes, Uprev tune, and a few other mods. I definately suggest to at least reset your ECU after putting these on and an Uprev tune to get the most performance out of them. Sound wise these are slightly louder than the HFC's, but definately not obnoxious sounding like some test pipes I've heard. I think these are great for anyone that may be going forced induction in the future.
Thanks for that MK...

is it true that these pipes let out fumes that smell bad? cuz you're cutting out the cats...also gimme a heads up on the install - is it easy? do they come with sensors etc

Old 02-08-2011, 12:07 PM
Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
your gonna smell gas, thats for sure. not while driving but if your windows are down and at a stop you will definatly smell it. I personally love the smell, but thats just me.

Old 02-09-2011, 01:26 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mine arrived to my door in three days. Not bad for being in Hawaii! Like Austin said there definately is an exhaust odor that comes from these. I've had them for about a week now and the smell seems less and less the more I drive the car. I had a shop install mine because I don't have the right tools or workspace to mess with those stubborn bolts. If you have the right tools and workspace the install shouldn't be that hard.

Old 02-09-2011, 11:27 PM
Mkai0 is correct. The install is really easy except for the the bolts/nuts the connect the cats to the the exhaust manifolds. You'll need to get creative with a combination of extensions and joints to get a few of the bolts off. This includes getting at a few of them through the engine bay by removing your intakes. Getting the bolts off is tough because they are on very very tight and you're working with joints and extensions which I hate using. Once you get the cats off you can put in the new pipes in minutes.

As far as sensors go you just remove your oxygen sensors from the cats and they'll screw right into the extended bungs on the new pipes. Remember to get your exhaust nice and hot before attempting to remove the sensors from the cats.

There are two rivet you need to trim down and you'll want a multi tool for that.

I love the smell without the cats.... especially running 93.

Old 02-10-2011, 12:09 AM
Originally Posted by Austin713
your gonna smell gas, thats for sure. not while driving but if your windows are down and at a stop you will definatly smell it. I personally love the smell, but thats just me.
wow! Ok, gotta live with it then

Old 02-10-2011, 12:11 AM
Originally Posted by Mkai0
Mine arrived to my door in three days. Not bad for being in Hawaii! Like Austin said there definately is an exhaust odor that comes from these. I've had them for about a week now and the smell seems less and less the more I drive the car. I had a shop install mine because I don't have the right tools or workspace to mess with those stubborn bolts. If you have the right tools and workspace the install shouldn't be that hard.
Mkai0 is correct. The install is really easy except for the the bolts/nuts the connect the cats to the the exhaust manifolds. You'll need to get creative with a combination of extensions and joints to get a few of the bolts off. This includes getting at a few of them through the engine bay by removing your intakes. Getting the bolts off is tough because they are on very very tight and you're working with joints and extensions which I hate using. Once you get the cats off you can put in the new pipes in minutes.

As far as sensors go you just remove your oxygen sensors from the cats and they'll screw right into the extended bungs on the new pipes. Remember to get your exhaust nice and hot before attempting to remove the sensors from the cats.

There are two rivet you need to trim down and you'll want a multi tool for that.

I love the smell without the cats.... especially running 93.
Thanks a ton guys...will keep you posted on the install..

have you guys dyno'd after the install...just to get an idea on the HP/TQ gains..cuz everyone on 370z and 350z seem to be going crazy on these pipes

Old 02-14-2011, 11:39 AM
No dyno yet but soon with the UpRev tune. I think I'm going to order that crank pulley this week though. Noticable gains and did you install yourself? I think this is the last thing I can do w/o going FI which I can't afford :-(

Old 02-16-2011, 06:18 AM
No dyno yet but soon with the UpRev tune. I think I'm going to order that crank pulley this week though. Noticable gains and did you install yourself? I think this is the last thing I can do w/o going FI which I can't afford :-(
I got the UR CP (same as stock size) only, the weight is much lesser, so you can really feel the engine freeing up..keep a check on the belt, you can retain the factory belt if you;re getting the same size pulley

in terms of gains - not really sure and also I got the tune before I installed this pulley...waiting for the ARTs to arrive so that I can go in for the retune
cheers