2007 G35 Sedan acceleration off, O2 sensor codes.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-25-2016, 02:41 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation 2007 G35 Sedan acceleration off, O2 sensor codes.

Hi all, I have been following this forum a lot learning about my new car, and I'm now having a strange issue with it with which I cannot find any answers for, and would appreciate some guidance.

I have a 2007 G35 Sedan VQ35HR with 106,000 miles. I had the CEL light on for P0420 and P0430 for the cats. I bought OEM cats from Infiniti and got them installed and also replaced the Downstream O2 sensors with NTK sensors. As soon as I left the shop that installed the CATS I got the CEL light with Codes P0057, P0138 and P0158, and I do not get P0420 or P0430 anymore. Does this indicate the new sensors are bad? So I need to take it back to the shop and put the old sensors back in. As I drove home, the car began driving erratically, Rpm's would go up and down, and at one point it would not go past 2000RPM leaving me stranded. is this being caused by the sensors? Then after that happened I read the code and got an additional code P0507.

I did all ECU reset, Idle re-learn, pedal re-learn, but the issue is still very intermittent, all of a sudden the acceleration picks up and then all of a sudden it stops responding. I read somewhere online that someone had issues with LED bulbs causing a short, so I removed my LEDs from my license plate and it ran fine for about 8miles and then the same thing started happening again

I need any help I could get because I don't know what else to do at this point. Really appreciate any input and time spent replying! I am thinking to buy another set of O2 sensors or a new ECU. I

Any thoughts?

Old 09-25-2016, 07:38 AM
Super Moderator

Received 196 Likes on 177 Posts
Front and rear cameras, tire pressure for all four tires can display on screen,folding side view mir
Ever think of paying for the diagnostic fee at an Infiniti dealer to hook up their Consult lll to find the root cause instead of guessing and just replacing parts?

Telcoman