07 G35X Jerking while making sharp turns - G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

07 G35X Jerking while making sharp turns

Old 05-28-2017, 11:44 AM

07 G35X Jerking while making sharp turns

I have a 07 G35X with 143555 miles. I have noticed that only when I am making sharp turns at low speeds (Parking and revsering), my vehicle starts to jerk.

What could the possible cause of this be? I am afraid it is my transmission however I don't feel any problem in shifting or do not feel hesitation. Could it be the AWD system kicking in?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated

Thanks,
Babskyline
Old 05-28-2017, 07:46 PM

Any ideas?? similar symptoms?
Old 07-13-2017, 11:53 PM

Don't know if you have had the issue continue or if your resolved it, but my 07g35x also does the same thing at very low speed but very seldomly. I'm gonna subscribe if you happen to come across any new info.
Old 07-16-2017, 11:02 AM

Can you describe the jerk a bit more? Is it a lateral pull (either into or out of the turning direction), or along the axis of the car (forward and back)?
Old 07-16-2017, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djwishuwur View Post
Can you describe the jerk a bit more? Is it a lateral pull (either into or out of the turning direction), or along the axis of the car (forward and back)?
When it happens its a forward jerking motion at low speeds
Old 07-16-2017, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
It sounds like your vehicle is just really out of alignment, when was the last time you've had it fixed?
alignment is spot on, if it was an alignment issue it would be happening consistently not on rare occasions
Old 07-16-2017, 11:18 PM
Cleric670

Only thing I can figure then is it's triggering the slip/traction system which chatters the anti-lock brakes for the wheel supposedly in slip which forces torque to the opposite wheel. This is determined by the various VSS for each wheel I think, might be centrally located at the axles though.

Do you have stock sized tires on the vehicle? Has the transmission/transfer case/axles been serviced lately?
When the vehicle transfers power during the rain or snow does it have an indicator light on the dash to let you know and does it show up at all when you are having the current issue?
Old 07-17-2017, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Only thing I can figure then is it's triggering the slip/traction system which chatters the anti-lock brakes for the wheel supposedly in slip which forces torque to the opposite wheel. This is determined by the various VSS for each wheel I think, might be centrally located at the axles though.

Do you have stock sized tires on the vehicle? Has the transmission/transfer case/axles been serviced lately?
When the vehicle transfers power during the rain or snow does it have an indicator light on the dash to let you know and does it show up at all when you are having the current issue?
stock wheels and tires but I'll servicing the front and rear differentials soon. I'm about to hit a 100k so I figure it's time