V36 General Tech Questions Questions and Posts that Do Not fit under the other Tech catagories

08 ECU reprogram for 2007 cars?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-10-2007, 03:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by gymcshoe
does this issue affect AT or just MT?
It affects both. The loaner I am driving is a journey.

Old 12-13-2007, 03:24 PM
I just had this done earlier today, can't say I've noticed much of a different though. I first told them I wanted it done since it was supposed to fix issues with throttle from a stop and they didn't want to do it. Then I spoke to one of the service techs and he said he'd do it he'd just have to write on the order that I was experiencing issues with the cruise control surging so Infiniti would cover it.

Old 12-13-2007, 03:34 PM
Got my car, they wouldn't do the ICC TSB because they couldnt replicate the issue on a test drive. They also didn't fix the seat heaters because they said that someone has to be sitting in the passenger side for the heater to work and when they tested it, it was working as normal. I had my gf sitting there and the bottom cushion still wasn't getting warm while the back cushion did.

I'm tired of dealing with these lousy service depts. If they're TSB's why not just put in the fix. I kinda see it like this: in software, if there's a bug, the developer automatically gives you an update that patches the bug. Our car should be treated the same way.. eh whatever, now I'm just ranting.. sorry

Old 12-13-2007, 03:44 PM
Just got my car back after having the TSB done. The off the line response is definitely smoother, but when pushed the car still comes to life just as well as it did before the update. So, all in all, a good move. For those of you still debating whether to do this I'd highly encourage it.

Old 12-13-2007, 03:44 PM
I'm seeing a lot of poor dealer service experiences here. That has historically been one of Infiniti's primary sales points. Maybe they are slipping.

Old 12-13-2007, 04:56 PM
Originally Posted by gymcshoe
Got my car, they wouldn't do the ICC TSB because they couldnt replicate the issue on a test drive. They also didn't fix the seat heaters because they said that someone has to be sitting in the passenger side for the heater to work and when they tested it, it was working as normal. I had my gf sitting there and the bottom cushion still wasn't getting warm while the back cushion did.

I'm tired of dealing with these lousy service depts. If they're TSB's why not just put in the fix. I kinda see it like this: in software, if there's a bug, the developer automatically gives you an update that patches the bug. Our car should be treated the same way.. eh whatever, now I'm just ranting.. sorry
If you don't mind me suggesting this... why not post the name of the lousy service place. Maybe there are other members in your area that are also having the same experience. If you then take collective action, a letter to Infiniti USA from all of you, maybe things will improve.

The place gives lousy service because it can and is unlikely to change without a corporate kick in the posterior

Old 01-01-2008, 03:11 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Can anyone suggest a dealer in the greater NYC area (might as well be NJ, CT or PA, for all I care) that would do the reflash on g35x? I commute a lot and often find myself in traffic - the touchy throttle response is a pain then.
What exactly should I ask the dealer to do, and what should be brought to the dealership along with the car. The reason I am asking is due to the following:

Two weeks ago, I brought my 2007 g35x to have the reflash done at a Long Island (N&) dealership, but all I got was "the Infiniti has not come out with a fix, keep checking the website" response from their tech. I had the Infiniti service printout from the FAQ of g35driver.com, pleaded with them that other owners of G35 I knew were able to do this - to no avail, and without being given a reason other than "the fix is not there yet". I cleared my schedule and waited for over an hour at the dealership for this??? :-( Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 01-01-2008, 09:21 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by MikeSimG37
Went to Infiniti of Manhasset in Long Island today to get serviced

Service guy said they are aware of the problem and every 07 will get a letter in the next 30 days and everyone will have to come in to get a reprogramming of ECU and ICC
Thanks for the info. I'm going there tomorrow morning to get this done.

Old 01-02-2008, 01:21 AM
Originally Posted by treacherous
The problem may be that you asked for a reflash without asking them to address the symptoms listed on TSBs. I experienced the cruise control surging (28a) and cold start issues listed in bulletin 045. It seems at times they will only address issue that is directly stated on TSBs. I am not telling you to lie, but you may need to bend the truth a little about symptoms to get them to flash you to Rev B (28a) or C (45).
Thanks for the advice - if that's what it takes, then that's what I'll do. The poster above mentioned that all '07 G35's may soon get a letter in the mail about the reflash option, but I am not banking on it... and he also listed a certain Infiniti dealership in Long Island I may visit soon to address this.

Old 01-02-2008, 10:01 PM
Last week I called my service manager about the patch. He hadn't heard about it and went to look into it. The next day he called to tell me it wasn't for the G, just the M. When I corrected him, he replied to come in and have his techs look at the car.

I dropped my car off reporting the problems listed in 028 - the ICC patch today. When I picked it up, the receipt said "couldn't duplicate problem, cleaned the sensor per TSB". I think the tech is full of BS and didn't even know what the TSB was.

Old 01-02-2008, 10:24 PM
I read it tonight and it doesn't mention it at all. I'm going to call the service manager in the morning.

Old 01-03-2008, 10:35 AM
Originally Posted by meadoel
I read it tonight and it doesn't mention it at all. I'm going to call the service manager in the morning.
Just a suggestion, but I would skip the 028 TSB and go right for the 045.

Also, you have to assume that techs aren't supposed to and don't want to do work that isn't needed, because whenever you reflash something there is a SMALL risk that it will get fried. If something goes wrong and they can't justify why they were doing the work, they are going to catch crap for it. The risk is small, but the risk is all their's.

I fibbed and told my dealer that I had "intermittent" issues like those described in 045; sometimes it was really bad, other times it was just fine, and it seemed totally random, but when it was bad it was really annoying. That way he is off the hook for trying to duplicate it.

Old 01-03-2008, 11:49 PM
Had my 07 G35x reflashed to 045 TSM today (Competition Infiniti of Smithtown). Told the tech I had both problems: the cruise control surges and the cold start/rough idle issues. The cruise control fell through due to VIN number not being within range, but the cold start/rough idle complaint got the flash. Interestingly, they gave me an '06 G35x loaner for a day which was not in the best of shapes but drove without the jerky throttle response that my 07 had... caught myself wishing for the same type of rife + added power and... that's exactly what I got after the reflash Special thanks to treacherous and all the other contributors to this thread - literally, it seems I am driving a different car - one with predictably responsive throttle and not an iota of power lost. Highly recommend the reflash!