V36 General Tech Questions Questions and Posts that Do Not fit under the other Tech catagories

Heated Seats

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-27-2007, 02:17 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mummaiv
Thank you for your expert advice. I assume you are an ASE certified mechanic or certified Nissan / Infiniti tech? If you are stuck in traffic, do you shut your car off?

The point was the heated seats were broke and now they are fixed.
I don't know about anyone else but I do actually turn the car off if I'm stuck in bad traffic or in a slow drive-through lineup (coffee); idling wastes more fuel than turning the car on and off. I try to waste less gas and at least try to help out with greenhouse gasses.

30 mins of idling will burn off a bit of gas; why not just get a block heater and just plug it in overnight on a timer? It will warm up the coolant and you'll get heat faster when driving without idling and burning unnecessary gas. It doesn't really make sense to run your car that long to wam it up.

p.s. good to hear your seats are fixed.

Old 12-27-2007, 02:38 AM
didnt read through all the posts but ----- you need to apply pressure aka sit on the seats for the heaters to go on for example if its on and u lean forward(back off the backrest) only the seat part will get hot not the backrest...i noticed this the other day actully lol

Old 12-27-2007, 02:40 AM
Originally Posted by IvoryWhiteCoupe
didnt read through all the posts but ----- you need to apply pressure aka sit on the seats for the heaters to go on for example if its on and u lean forward(back off the backrest) only the seat part will get hot not the backrest...i noticed this the other day actully lol
i need to test it one day with me in the passenger...so if no one is in the seat it dont get hot on its own? its kinda wierd her seat was hot on the backside and not on seat

Old 12-31-2007, 12:08 PM
Mine work fine. It does take 3-5 minutes for them to get nice and warm. I do find that when I'm in the car with heavier pants (i.e. like Jeans), it take another minute or two until I feel the heat as compared with suit or lighter cotton pants.

Old 01-01-2008, 02:54 AM
I have an '08 and am usually the driver. I have asked numerious times when i have a passanger how the seats feel and they have always said that the seat warmed, but i never felt that way as the driver. Well tonight i was the passanger and the passanger seat heated extremenly fast, while the driver noted that they did not feel that the seat was heated. What gives? I thougth this was fixed through the '07 TSB? How is this reaccurance ( I say reaccurance bacaues it appears that others have been having problems) acceptable with a luxuary auto?

Has anyone else with an '08 noticed this?

Old 01-01-2008, 11:32 PM
It takes a LONG time for my driver seat to get "warm" and I have never taken it off the "high" setting since I got the car.

Do you think I should have it serviced for this issue?
If so, what do I have to do/say for Infinit to fix this issue?

I want the seat to get HOT as soon as possible because you obviously have to wait a while for the car to heat up for hot air from the HVAC system

Old 02-07-2008, 04:16 AM
No issue here... they warm up fast in just couple minutes.

Old 02-27-2008, 09:49 PM
Wake up - start the car, go back inside and get ready for work, etc. Gets cold here in PA.

Did you say it gets cold in PA???

It gets a bit colder up here. Never let my car warm up more than 30 sec. Stop wasting fuel, really.......

Old 02-28-2008, 07:00 AM
Originally Posted by mossman
Did you say it gets cold in PA???

It gets a bit colder up here. Never let my car warm up more than 30 sec. Stop wasting fuel, really.......

Maybe you should buy a Prius, that way I can continue to warm my car up in the morning.

Old 02-28-2008, 09:18 AM
Maybe you should buy a Prius, that way I can continue to warm my car up in the morning.
Nice one

It's that attitude I love the most. It's always about extremes. Not everyone has to drive a prius.. but if everyone would stop driving full size SUV's to go to Macys, and stop wasting fuel it would certianly help. It's the little things that everyone can do that makes the most sense. Why in this country (yes born here and have lived here my entire life) is it a bragging right to be wasteful. I don't get it. I for one, am hoping the price of gas stays at above 4 bucks a gallon. Then people will be forced to change. I think that's the only way. Most people aren't intelligent enough to be proactive.

So are you a republican too??

By the way it was 2 degrees when I drove to work this morning. Let my car warm up 30 sec as usual, and drove nice and easy until it was warmed up.

Old 02-28-2008, 09:28 AM
Nice one

It's that attitude I love the most. It's always about extremes. Not everyone has to drive a prius.. but if everyone would stop driving full size SUV's to go to Macys, and stop wasting fuel it would certianly help. It's the little things that everyone can do that makes the most sense. Why in this country (yes born here and have lived here my entire life) is it a bragging right to be wasteful. I don't get it. I for one, am hoping the price of gas stays at above 4 bucks a gallon. Then people will be forced to change. I think that's the only way. Most people aren't intelligent enough to be proactive.

So are you a republican too??

By the way it was 2 degrees when I drove to work this morning. Let my car warm up 30 sec as usual, and drove nice and easy until it was warmed up.
People ought to stop buying V8 sports cars too, as the thought of a small two door car needing a V8 wastes lots of gas. People shouldn't also buy the G35, as it gets the worst gas mileage in its class. We all waste fuel to some extent or another.

Old 02-28-2008, 09:32 AM
Originally Posted by fecurtis
People ought to stop buying V8 sports cars too, as the thought of a small two door car needing a V8 wastes lots of gas. People shouldn't also buy the G35, as it gets the worst gas mileage in its class. We all waste fuel to some extent or another.

Don't take what I wrote the wrong way, I agree we all waste fuel. It's just to what degree. I think V8 sports cars waste fuel, however not to the degree an SUV does. Also, there are far fewer of them. My other thought is that there are an aweful lot of SUV's. Some people have a legitimate reason for them. Large faimilies. etc. However, MOST people don't. They buy them as a bragging right. That that thing I hate most.

Old 02-28-2008, 09:59 AM
Don't take what I wrote the wrong way, I agree we all waste fuel. It's just to what degree. I think V8 sports cars waste fuel, however not to the degree an SUV does. Also, there are far fewer of them. My other thought is that there are an aweful lot of SUV's. Some people have a legitimate reason for them. Large faimilies. etc. However, MOST people don't. They buy them as a bragging right. That that thing I hate most.

Yes, I am a republican, and I too have a blinged out Lincoln Navigator sitting in my garage - right beside my wifes gas slurping Mercedes. Ahh the life my friend! Did you really need the Infiniti when a nice Altima with snow tires would do the same for you? Let me guess you donate to Al Gore...

Old 02-28-2008, 10:06 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Just checking to see how your seats work. I have had other cars with heated seats and they heat very quickly. This morning it was 32 degrees. I started the car and turned the seats on HI. I came out 30 minutes later and the seat was just a little warm. About 15 minutes into the drive the seats got hot. Does it always take this long?
If butt ain't on the seat..it doesn't heat. I thought most cars have sensors that if you aren't sitting in it, it won't heat.

Old 02-28-2008, 10:13 AM
Yes, I am a republican, and I too have a blinged out Lincoln Navigator sitting in my garage - right beside my wifes gas slurping Mercedes. Ahh the life my friend! Did you really need the Infiniti when a nice Altima with snow tires would do the same for you? Let me guess you donate to Al Gore...
Nice list of cars. Do they make you feel better about yourself..

Actually, the reason I got the Infiniiti was for AWD. The Altima doesn't come in AWD. I live in Vermont, we get some snow up here... I plan on putting snow tires on the G. I feel they are a must up here.

So yes, I feel I am justified getting an AWD car over an AWD truck for example.

Lincoln Navigator........... geezzzz Nothing else to say about that one. That fact alone says a lot about you...

No, haven't donated one cent to Al gore but nice try. How did I know you were a republican... Amazing, but some time stereotypes are actually accurate.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Heated Seats