V36 General Tech Questions Questions and Posts that Do Not fit under the other Tech catagories

My morning at Fast Intentions ...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-05-2008, 11:56 AM
teamsolo.net im-integline
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
congrats!! sounds niec

Old 01-05-2008, 12:16 PM
Don't care for the sound... was hoping they would not go so deep in tone, as Stillen and other vendors have already done. The VQ is not a V8, and there is no reason to make an exhaust that tries to emulate it.

The OEM 1G G35 exhausts are higher pitched, while retaining an extremely unique sound. I'm excited to hear someone emulate THAT for our cars.

All in all, the product LOOKS great... just not my cup of tea.

Congrats.

Old 01-05-2008, 01:12 PM
Hi Terry,

Thanks for the upate. The exhuast sounds good and looks nice.

My only concern is where the max db's are heard. As you menioned in the 2k 3k range is where most daily driving and cruising is going to be. Majority of exhausts are turned quieter in the driving range. Sounded like you were a little concerned too.

I guess we will have to see the final product and hopefully get some driving vids.

As far as best sound that imulates gen 1 coupes...check the blitz exhaust that someone posted up here a few weeks ago. I think they were checking with an importer to see if we could get a few from Japan.

Keep us posted Terry - Thanks

Old 01-05-2008, 05:11 PM

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
The system on my car is the prototype so it was significantly discounted. You can contact them direct for exact pricing when they have production parts.

Originally Posted by sixtydashone
sounds pretty damn nice... how much did all that set you back?

Old 01-05-2008, 05:16 PM

Sorry, I don't know enough about the function of an x-pipe. From what I was told by FI, the center muffler actually works like an x-pipe though. When you look through it, it is 2 into 1, then back into 2 pipes.

Originally Posted by g35sedan5at
any particular reason they didnt go with a conventional x-pipe? from the pic it doesnt look like one and on the Z forums the HR's are showing nice gains from them.

btw. NICE!!! finally, an oval muffler at the end. none of that round crap that sticks below the tip.

Old 01-05-2008, 05:37 PM

Thanks for your input. Of course, there is no way a single design can please everyone.

It didn't seem like the goal was to emulate the V8 sound. I used to have a V8 Mustang and there is no way duals on a V6 will sound close to duals on a V8. True, this system sounds deep, but but consider this is also a 2.25" pipe and not even the typical 2.5" pipe. Again, I'm not an expert, but probably the only way to get the pitch up is to decrease tube diameter which appears to be what Infiniti did with the stock sytem.

Originally Posted by PhoenixINX
Don't care for the sound... was hoping they would not go so deep in tone, as Stillen and other vendors have already done. The VQ is not a V8, and there is no reason to make an exhaust that tries to emulate it.

The OEM 1G G35 exhausts are higher pitched, while retaining an extremely unique sound. I'm excited to hear someone emulate THAT for our cars.

All in all, the product LOOKS great... just not my cup of tea.

Congrats.

Old 01-05-2008, 05:51 PM

Actually, the range is consistently a lot smaller; between 2400 and 2600 RPM.

The nice thing about the G in "D" mode (and other auto trans cars) is the shift point varies depending on how fast one wants to accelerate. I found that if I accelerate just a little bit fatster, it will clear the point of peak noise before the shift. If I accelerate slower, I will hear the noise. By noise ... I do not mean drone either where the entire intereior of the car resonates. The system is actually very quiet. I was only pointing out where in the RPM band the system is the loudest.

I have to point out that my wife thought it was a little on the loud side just today. I'll also see what my carpool partner says on Monday. She doesn't know about the exhaust yet.

Originally Posted by rkdiddy
Hi Terry,

Thanks for the upate. The exhuast sounds good and looks nice.

My only concern is where the max db's are heard. As you menioned in the 2k 3k range is where most daily driving and cruising is going to be. Majority of exhausts are turned quieter in the driving range. Sounded like you were a little concerned too.

I guess we will have to see the final product and hopefully get some driving vids.

As far as best sound that imulates gen 1 coupes...check the blitz exhaust that someone posted up here a few weeks ago. I think they were checking with an importer to see if we could get a few from Japan.

Old 01-05-2008, 08:25 PM
JMN
Nice work FI! That exhaust sounds and looks awesome!!!! They should make titanium tip version

Last edited by JMN; 01-07-2008 at 09:22 AM.
Old 01-05-2008, 09:36 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by terrycs
Sorry, I don't know enough about the function of an x-pipe. From what I was told by FI, the center muffler actually works like an x-pipe though. When you look through it, it is 2 into 1, then back into 2 pipes.
That would function exactly the same as an X-pipe. As long as the exhaust gasses are being combined, it functions like an X-pipe. X-pipes have been shown to reliably increase torque/power over dual exhausts w/o an X-pipe.

Old 01-07-2008, 10:14 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by rkdiddy
Hi Terry,

i was checking with a company about getting the blitz here. sorry i never updated. I broke off talks after he told me the exhaust alone was going to be 2000 plus importing. I never got the import cost. to expensive for me.

Fast intentions sounds almost like the blitz. I can't wait for the release of this catback. it sounds so nice.

Old 01-07-2008, 10:49 AM
^ Holy smokes...that is expensive. You're right a little rich for my blood. Thanks for the update.

Old 01-07-2008, 10:54 AM
nice set up.

Sounds exactly like my Stillen,from start up to the 5k rev

Old 01-07-2008, 01:35 PM
Received 80 Likes on 65 Posts
Honda Accord
I was quoted around $1600+ for the Fujitsubo also... Thus, I'm looking for something I can get in the states...

Old 01-07-2008, 02:19 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
I promise all of you, this exhaust will be priced affordable and turn around time will be relatively quick. We will get this released to all of you as soon as possible...

Tony

Old 01-07-2008, 06:05 PM
^^^^^ good to hear, im def interested!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: My morning at Fast Intentions ...