V36 General Tech Questions Questions and Posts that Do Not fit under the other Tech catagories

My morning at Fast Intentions ...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-09-2008, 01:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Fast07GSdn
I can help you do the drive by... since mine doesn't have a exaust yet. Besides, I really want to hear the exaust myself. PM me the detail on when and where. I'll definitely be there.
Let me know when you plan on meeting. If you don't mind I'd like to join you all.

PM me please.

Old 01-09-2008, 01:29 PM

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
Will do. Sounds like a mini meet brewing!

Originally Posted by 07 G35S Sedan
Let me know when you plan on meeting. If you don't mind I'd like to join you all.

PM me please.

Old 01-09-2008, 02:24 PM
Thanks Terry.

I'm excited about the group buy and the switch out of the muffler. I had a buddy with a magnaflow exhaust back it high school on his Corolla FX16 and it was a loud mother. He use to set off car alarms and I would get a headache from being in his car.

I'm sure things have changed since then, but I have a little bitter taste in my mouth.

I'm anxious to hear the drive by.

You know what would be awesome - have three cars at the drive by: FI, Stock and Stillen. Now that is a comparison!

Old 01-09-2008, 03:16 PM
Originally Posted by rkdiddy
Thanks Terry.

I'm excited about the group buy and the switch out of the muffler. I had a buddy with a magnaflow exhaust back it high school on his Corolla FX16 and it was a loud mother. He use to set off car alarms and I would get a headache from being in his car.

I'm sure things have changed since then, but I have a little bitter taste in my mouth.

I'm anxious to hear the drive by.

You know what would be awesome - have three cars at the drive by: FI, Stock and Stillen. Now that is a comparison!
You can have the best of both worlds! I have a Fujita Intake, Berk HFC's and Stillen Exhaust. Although caution you it's pretty loud with some rasp.

Looking forward to meeting up with the master, TERRY......

Old 01-09-2008, 03:41 PM
I can't seem to find a drive-by or in-car vid of the Stillen. Hmmmm.

Old 01-09-2008, 08:23 PM
Received 80 Likes on 65 Posts
Honda Accord
Originally Posted by 07 G35S Sedan
You can have the best of both worlds! I have a Fujita Intake, Berk HFC's and Stillen Exhaust. Although caution you it's pretty loud with some rasp.

Looking forward to meeting up with the master, TERRY......
Yeah, he's ride is just keep on getting better and better. If you ask me, that car is one of the best 07 sedan in this forum....

Man, I'm just really excited to see his car again...

Old 01-09-2008, 08:28 PM
Originally Posted by Fast07GSdn
Yeah, he's ride is just keep on getting better and better. If you ask me, that car is one of the best 07 sedan in this forum....

Man, I'm just really excited to see his car again...
I agree Terry's car is awesome. Let's meet up as soon as possible.

Old 01-10-2008, 01:40 AM

Thanks for the kind words guys. I've just been lucky.

Anyways ... the bar was only set for someone else to beat.

I'm still working out a location. I'm too old to be accused of street racing.

Old 01-10-2008, 08:37 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i wish this was in my neck of the woods lol

Old 01-14-2008, 01:22 AM
Any New Drive-By Vids yet Terry? Really want to hear how it sounds under load going through the gears, or at speed Drive-By?

Old 01-14-2008, 01:27 AM
Honda Accord
Terry, Joey, and I did the vids today together near his house. He's probably working on it right now. Let me just tell you, it sounded awesome.

He's going to do some comparisons between the stock (me), Stillen (by Joey), and the FI Prototype (by Terry)... Just sit tite and relex! The vids are definitely coming........

or shall I say... "Coming Soon to Your Beloved Youtube Clips......." LOL

Old 01-14-2008, 02:37 AM

With help from Fast07GSdn (Alan) and 07 G35S Sedan (Joey), we were able to do a video clip to compare the Stillen exhaust with the Fast Intentions exhaust. The three of us were able to spend about 45 minutes early Sunday at a fairly secluded industrial park, but you’ll see that there were still a few cars that drove by.

On the first pass, Joey drove off first, and then I followed while Alan videotaped. On my return pass, I let up a little to try to get the peak noise but failed to do so, making my return pass too quiet in comparison.

On the second pass, Alan drove both cars to keep things consistent while I videotaped.

Now for some reviews … In my opinion, both systems did not sound excessively loud and were comparable to each other. At the higher RPMs, both systems are very quiet. Joey and Alan believed the FI exhaust was a little quieter in general. Although they took this in consideration, I should also point out that Joey’s car had a Fujita intake as well as high flow cats which might have skewed the sound output a little.

I also had a chance to take Joey’s car for a spin. By seat of the pants, Alan and I both felt a little more pull in Joey’s car at the higher RPM range.

In summary … I think with FI’s planned switch from Magnaflow to Sebring mufflers, their system will be a great product. Hopefully, Joey and Alan can provide their opinions and comments as well if they have a moment.

Next on the agenda will be dyno testing to compare with and without FI exhaust. Look forward to more video clips.

The Cars:

Stock:

Stillen:

Fast Intentions:

Both:

Sorry, but YouTube really chops away at the video resolution, but here they are anyway.

Clip 1/5, Drive-Off:
Black car with Stillen exhaust, HFC, and Fujita drives off followed by Blue Slate car with Fast Intentions exhaust.

Clip 2/5, Stillen Return Pass (Full Trottle):

Clip 3/5, Fast Intentions Return Pass (Not Full Throttle, looking for peak noise RPM):

Clip 4/5, Stillen Drive-Off and Return Pass at Full Throttle, Alan Driving:

Clip 5/5, Fast Intentions Drive-Off and Return Pass at Full Throttle, Alan Driving:

Last edited by terrycs; 01-15-2008 at 12:44 AM.
Old 01-14-2008, 03:05 AM
Honda Accord
Although I'm not really good at explaining things, I'll try my best to give my best and honest opinon on the two different exaust systems (Stillen & Fast Intention Prototype).

First, I'll start with Joey's Stillen exuast. My firs impression with the system was that it was really loud. Although it had a very deep growl with minimal rasp, it was far louder than the FI system that Terry had on his ride. Our observations lead us to belive that the loud exaust sound was from the added HFC (high flow cats) and the Stillen exuast. As Terry pointed out in the previous post, we both did drive Joey's car and felt there were more linear and usable power in the higher RPMs. In the end, I fell in love with Joey's ride because of its ability to pull the car harder and harder as the RPM goes higher.

Now for the FI Prototype, IMO, and ONLY IMO, it sounded just about right. The exaust sounded wasn't excessively loud like Joey's, although Terry was still complaining that it was a tad bit loud for his taste. I actually told him it sounded more like "baby's whisper" compare to that of Joey's. I liked FI Proto because it delivered very deep yet mellower exaust note than the Stillen's counter part. Also, while we were testing the exuast systems, I didn't notice any rasp from the FI system, which is also a plus. As Terry noted above, FI will be using Sebring as their choice of mufflers instead of the Magnaflow ones that currently on. This will be resulting in bringing the noise level down even more, which, again IMO, wil be perfect for people to add a HFC later on that will bring the noise level up noticeably. Overall, FI exuast did give me a very good impression on sound, quality, and looks. I also took Terry's ride out for a spin and DID feel the gain the power across the mid to high RPMs, although very minimal on high ends unlike the Stillen+HFC. Again, this will be the choice of exuast system for me when FI releases the production version.

Hope that helped. If anyone have anymore specific questions, please PM me. Although I'm not sure how much better I will be able to describe, I'll still do my best to answer them.

Old 01-14-2008, 04:00 AM
right on! Nice review Guy's! and Nice rides also! Look foward to the Vid Clips, and the Dyno! I will hopefully get my Dyno Run this week or this coming SAT! SO I'll show my results of that Run this week if I have time to get it done! Good work Guy's!

Old 01-14-2008, 02:35 PM
Here’s my view of the exhaust comparison. First and foremost I must state the following: I only purchased the Stillen exhaust since it was the only aftermarket exhaust available at the time. I can’t stand driving a car with a stock exhaust. I would have definitely reconsidered if other options were available. Enough said about why I purchased the exhaust.

We had a blast on Sunday; I wished other members would have tagged along to get additional feedback. I totally disagree with Terry regarding the sound level. My car is considerably louder than Terry’s given I have a Fujita Intake and Berk Technology HFC’s. In chronological order my mods where 1) Stillen Exhaust 2) Fujita Intake 3) HFC’s. As I added the mods the car became louder in addition adding a bit of rasp which I hate. I noticed minimal gains with these bolt-ons. However lost low end power but in the higher RPM it seemed to pull harder. After hearing FI’s exhaust I feel it’s comparable to Stillen in terms of sound.

In summary both exhaust look very nice. In my opinion its personal preference (looks, quality, sound and ultimately performance) and all about how much money you’re willing to spend. Also to get a fair comparison someone with just a Stillen exhaust should participate. Just my $0.02.

Terry hurry up with the video clips. LOL

I would like to hear feedback from other members based on the video clips.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: My morning at Fast Intentions ...