V36 General Tech Questions Questions and Posts that Do Not fit under the other Tech catagories

Groundinggear - Grounding Wires Install/Pictures/Review

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 08:39 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i have my sun auto hyperground system and sun auto voltage stabilizer box installed on mine.

It came off of my 02 sentra ser specv. On that mexican made econo car, it made a HUGE difference and smoothed out my dyno runs.

On this car(i hooked up in all the same spots except TB's and plenum), i noticed some improved shifting. it was faster to react to my foot on the pedal. But i really think gains are marginal. The stabilizer box actually keeps all my led lighting lit nicely when starting/stopping the engine. I am thinking about getting an optima battery to finish it off(had it in my spec but not this one yet). This would give me a spare battery to slap into for shows!

It was a free mod to me so i feel no issues about having it. but, if i were looking to buy, for this car, i would invest in something else.

Old 03-11-2008, 01:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jdanielsg
laugh all you guys want.. 20 pages of independent reviews on this forum and and almost all satisfied customers...

being an audiophile who spends upwards of 10k on my home speaker wires I understand the theory behind eliminating noise and such... I am sure there is not much of a hp increase if at all, but the shifting does seem to be less jerky.... I suggest people actually read stuff before yapping away.... its kinda... well childish...
Has anybody measured the resistance between the battery terminal to a ground point on the vehicle before and after the mod?

If there was resistance high enough to effect the electornics in the vehicle then yes it makes sense.

And yes i do understand the importance of cables. I am running 0/1 gauge battery cables in my G for my amplifiers.

Old 03-11-2008, 03:22 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
laugh all you guys want.. 20 pages of independent reviews on this forum and and almost all satisfied customers...
20 pages of independent idiots who think their car "feels" different doesn't mean any thing.

Originally Posted by MiniRX7
Has anybody measured the resistance between the battery terminal to a ground point on the vehicle before and after the mod?

If there was resistance high enough to effect the electornics in the vehicle then yes it makes sense.
Exactly what we need, facts that can be measured with some metric…. Not feelings

being an audiophile who spends upwards of 10k on my home speaker wires I understand the theory behind eliminating noise and such... I am sure there is not much of a hp increase if at all, but the shifting does seem to be less jerky.... I suggest people actually read stuff before yapping away.... its kinda... well childish...
u spend wat?? For wires? Try moving your wires away from noisy objects, like the AC power cords, florescent lights, ect.

Being an audiophile, you would know that in dealing with amps and speakers and most audio equipment, you want CLEAN DC power, as in there isn’t any ripple on the top of the power wave coming from the power source.
You would need an oscilloscope to see this ripple. Do you own one?

In a car, the power system is EXREAMLY noise, because you have an alternator creating AC power with a frequency that varies with the RPM or the motor. This AC is converted into DC with a rectifier. It does this by inverting the negative pulse of the AC current. This act in itself creates a ripple in the power wave. Then you have a voltage regulator the keeps the DC volts to a 14.X max.

On top of all that, you have the spark plugs that are driven by the coils. The ignition system is MAIN source of electrical noise in any car, and it is also the most power hungry, (excluding aftermarket sound systems)

Lowering the impedance of the ground loop will not filter out the noise.
It would be the same as if you plug your home audio receiver into a 15 amp circuit, and then tried it in a 30 amp circuit. (the 30 amp circuit has bigger gauge wires running from the braker box to the plug). Have you tried this? Any difference?

However, lowering the impedance of the ground loop canincrease the amount of current that the ignition system can receive, which would alow for greater spark.
Combining greater spark, adjusted timing/fuel maps, can increase HP.
…but the stock ignition system won’t benefit from this..
You would have to swap out the entire ignition system for any potential can be realized.

the shifting does seem to be less jerky
This would indicate that the clutch pack engagement is slower. This would be traced back to hydraulic valves opening slower in the tranny(also a symptom of a needed tranny flush), which means less power is being supplied to them IE moving slower.

IF these wires change any thing in the shifting at all the shifts would feel faster, crisper, more defined, and jerkier.

As for your post, Nice job with the directions. This as a sticky would be nice.

Old 03-11-2008, 03:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All i can say is, WOW!!! WELL SAID.

But i cant stress this enough. A new car like an 07/08 G is NOT going to benefit from this because the cables are NEW at the mounts.

The cars that benefit from this is cars that have older several years or more corrosion build up on the terminals. Ever see 5 year old cars battery terminals? You see that nasty corrosion? That can make a huge difference in the amount of juice the car is supplied with from the battery. Sometimes it can get so corroded that the car won't even start!!

Anyhow, nice pics, nice directions, will come in handy when my car is like 3-5 years old!!

Originally Posted by snowcrossmxz
20 pages of independent idiots who think their car "feels" different doesn't mean any thing.

Exactly what we need, facts that can be measured with some metric…. Not feelings

u spend wat?? For wires? Try moving your wires away from noisy objects, like the AC power cords, florescent lights, ect.

Being an audiophile, you would know that in dealing with amps and speakers and most audio equipment, you want CLEAN DC power, as in there isn’t any ripple on the top of the power wave coming from the power source.
You would need an oscilloscope to see this ripple. Do you own one?

In a car, the power system is EXREAMLY noise, because you have an alternator creating AC power with a frequency that varies with the RPM or the motor. This AC is converted into DC with a rectifier. It does this by inverting the negative pulse of the AC current. This act in itself creates a ripple in the power wave. Then you have a voltage regulator the keeps the DC volts to a 14.X max.

On top of all that, you have the spark plugs that are driven by the coils. The ignition system is MAIN source of electrical noise in any car, and it is also the most power hungry, (excluding aftermarket sound systems)

Lowering the impedance of the ground loop will not filter out the noise.
It would be the same as if you plug your home audio receiver into a 15 amp circuit, and then tried it in a 30 amp circuit. (the 30 amp circuit has bigger gauge wires running from the braker box to the plug). Have you tried this? Any difference?

However, lowering the impedance of the ground loop canincrease the amount of current that the ignition system can receive, which would alow for greater spark.
Combining greater spark, adjusted timing/fuel maps, can increase HP.
…but the stock ignition system won’t benefit from this..
You would have to swap out the entire ignition system for any potential can be realized.

This would indicate that the clutch pack engagement is slower. This would be traced back to hydraulic valves opening slower in the tranny(also a symptom of a needed tranny flush), which means less power is being supplied to them IE moving slower.

IF these wires change any thing in the shifting at all the shifts would feel faster, crisper, more defined, and jerkier.

As for your post, Nice job with the directions. This as a sticky would be nice.

Old 03-11-2008, 09:35 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You can be sure I wont be bothered to post any pics of anything ever again

Old 03-11-2008, 10:02 PM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
You can be sure I wont be bothered to post any pics of anything ever again
Don't pay attention to the haters, there are people here that do appreciate you taking the time to do a pictorial etc.

Old 03-11-2008, 11:22 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
yes, we all appreciate the work that you did. i was commenting on the situation where people make claims of more performance/hp gains based on them "feeling" a difference and NO one can actually show a difference with facts/stats.

i put an intake on my g, to be honest i can't feel the slightest bit of difference, however i can hear a difference and it "sounds" like it has more hp, and gets my blood pumping a little bit. but i don't have any facts to back it up so im not on here saying that intakes create hp gains. they just sound cool to me. which is my oponion.

Old 07-06-2009, 11:33 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
please dont assume an 07 or 08 wont benefit at all. stock grounding points suck for numerous cars i've owned in the past couple years. i know i am new to the g35 crowd now but i can say for sure the g35's i've checked out (roughly 4 or 5 before i purchased this one) had horrible grounding. corrosion and rust was present on all of them. then again thats when you get when you dont baby your car in the salt states like ny/nj. plus grounding points are seldom, the bolts that connect the cable to the chassis isnt ever in great shape and the gauge is laughable.