V36 General Tech Questions Questions and Posts that Do Not fit under the other Tech catagories

Groundinggear - Grounding Wires Install/Pictures/Review

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-10-2008, 02:44 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Groundinggear - Grounding Wires Install/Pictures/Review

I decided to post this here so that 07+ members do not have to scour through the numerous pages to get a 07+ specific picture.

Bought it from: www.groundinggear.com , other reviews are available in the tech area under reviews.

All pictures are oriented such that its as if you are looking from bumper to back of the engine bay.

This is the battery ground and as you can see theres only one way to fit in nicely and flat onto the metal surface contact, if you put it on the nut side the contours would not allow a nice flat fit. This is a little tricky because the nut doesnt come off easy or go back on easy..at the ends of the bolt.

This is where the battery is grounded to, together with the factory ground wires on the left side.

Ground for the right side.

The insrutctions called for putting the point on the bolt to the left, but the wires did not seem to be long enough, so I chose the right bolt hole instead. I assume there is no difference.

This is another ground point on the engine.

This is an overall picture.

Both throttle bodies.

And the pain in the *** back plenum bolt which required the loosening of the bracket that holds the metal pipe u see there so you can manouver the wire (too short) so that it fits flat on the surface.

So far only on my second day and lots of snow, i notice better shifting but can hardly tell at the moment, will post more later on.

Old 03-10-2008, 02:50 AM
ps.. the wires could be a bit neater but the way the engine cover is it requires some of the wires to be angled a certain way to ensure flat contact at the bolt area as well as clearing the engine cover and not being clamped on.

Old 03-10-2008, 09:48 AM

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
Thanks for the pics ... but dyno proven?

Old 03-10-2008, 11:19 AM
Moderation-free
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by terrycs
Also, please be as specific and objective as possible regarding results: Are the shifts faster? Different shift points?

The results I experienced were zippo.

Old 03-10-2008, 11:36 AM
Go look at the original review thread.

Old 03-10-2008, 01:02 PM
Moderation-free
Originally Posted by jdanielsg
Hey, that's helpful, thanks... This thread says "review", but there isn't one? And I just searched your last 30 posts, no review - care to provide a link?

Old 03-10-2008, 01:26 PM
"So far only on my second day and lots of snow, i notice better shifting but can hardly tell at the moment, will post more later on." from my post above.

And if you have tried this particular product dont like it.. or bitter... then well, move on LOL

Old 03-10-2008, 01:44 PM
Moderation-free
Originally Posted by jdanielsg
"So far only on my second day and lots of snow, i notice better shifting but can hardly tell at the moment, will post more later on." from my post above.
THAT'S the review you said I should read, your single sentence above?!? Dude, that's killer...incredibly helpful.

Listen, good DIY, so thanks for posting. All I asked for was more detail, beyond "it shifts better", but obviously you're defensive about having put that much work into something which may or may not add value. If the request surpasses your ability to be objective, no sweat. Glad you're enjoying the mod.

Out.

Old 03-10-2008, 02:55 PM
Yeah I was right bitter.... AND bitchy.... hence you purposefully ignored the fact that I saif I would post more later on... jeeez...

Old 03-10-2008, 04:35 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by terrycs
when do grounding kits ever show a hp increase on a dyno?

Old 03-10-2008, 05:53 PM
If people would actually read the main link to the reviews and the product website they would see there is actually some dynos provided.

Old 03-10-2008, 09:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Grounding kits are useful on vehicles that have aged, and i find that it serves no purpose on newer cars, unless you have a very demanding car audio system.

The reason why older cars see improved shifting, better starts, and better driveablilty is because of the corrosion build up that occurs where the gorund point connects. On an 07/08 G, i doubt there is ANY gains, since all the connections are probably clean and new.

Old 03-10-2008, 09:46 PM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Great pictorial on the DIY install jdanielsg. Thanks for taking the time .

Be sure to post up your impressions once you get some good weather and time with the system.

Old 03-11-2008, 01:48 AM
Received 80 Likes on 65 Posts
Honda Accord
Originally Posted by Lawy'dU
when do grounding kits ever show a hp increase on a dyno?
Hence Terry threw up icon.

What do grounding kits do anyway? (It's a serious question)

EDIT: OH!!! I remembered!! I saw HP/TQ increase from Import Tuner long time ago!!!

Old 03-11-2008, 03:06 AM
laugh all you guys want.. 20 pages of independent reviews on this forum and and almost all satisfied customers...

being an audiophile who spends upwards of 10k on my home speaker wires I understand the theory behind eliminating noise and such... I am sure there is not much of a hp increase if at all, but the shifting does seem to be less jerky.... I suggest people actually read stuff before yapping away.... its kinda... well childish...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Groundinggear - Grounding Wires Install/Pictures/Review