V36 General Tech Questions Questions and Posts that Do Not fit under the other Tech catagories

Anyone ready to go TT on their HR?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-16-2008, 01:53 PM
Received 80 Likes on 65 Posts
Honda Accord
Originally Posted by sixtydashone
not sure if your being saracstic or not.. Ive built a handful of 10 second setups, so its nothing new
And you think all forum members are capable of doing the same thing...

Wow... just wow...

I'm sure all of us will appreciate it if you can build the GTM kit and sell them for 5 grand. I bet many will jump on it. Do it!

EDIT: left out the word "sure". lol

Last edited by B L U E S L A T E; 03-16-2008 at 02:20 PM.
Old 03-16-2008, 02:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
no competition means high prices!!!!

Old 03-16-2008, 02:59 PM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by sixtydashone
15k is a joke... you could build it on your own for less then half of that anyway.... ghey
How much is your time worth?

Factor in all the time spent piecing and tuning the kit, and multiply by whatever your time is worth, and add it to the cost of the kit.

You'll notice the cost is frighteningly close, unless you think your own time is worthless

Old 03-16-2008, 03:37 PM
i dont have a problem spending my time doing it.. i see what your saying, and in no way do i have alot of time on my hands as i did in the past... but i still think that even if i had a few people help out so i can save some time, it would stilllll be almost less then half of what that kit cost..

And no i dont think all of the people on here could do it.. im lucky that i can.. but at the same time, i love to see fellow enthusiasts build their own stuff..

besides, from personal experience, it makes it all the more rewarding when completed!!!

and if u guys have 15k to blow, by all means, be my guest.. To me, it is a rip off...

Old 03-16-2008, 03:39 PM
Originally Posted by Mike@RiversideInfiniti

Factor in all the time spent piecing and tuning the kit, and multiply by whatever your time is worth, and add it to the cost of the kit.
Why should i add my own personal time into the cost? Its what i enjoy to do.. People who are car enthusiasts enjoy doing this stuff, so why would i "charge myself " to do so...

some of you guys crack me up

Old 03-16-2008, 03:51 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
if you think about it, for FULL TO THE MAX twin turbo kit WITH installation, 15k doesnt sound bad. look at the things your getting...

GTM-HRG35AT-TURBO KIT STAGE 1 - $6254.00
F CON VPRO INSTALL WITH KNOCK AMP DUEL WIDE BAND SENSOR - $4175.00
TUNNING - $600.00
FUEL SYSTEM - $1261.00
LABOR - $2700.00
and intercooler, injectors, single BOV

i still think labor and tunning should be lower, $2900 for that is bit too much... im sure greddy or hks maybe even turbonetics is going to come out with tt kit under 7k but no installation and tunning.

Old 03-16-2008, 03:51 PM
because the super rich car enthusiasts consider their time to be too valueable to actually do it themselves.... it costs them less to pay someone else to do it rather than to do it themself.

e.g. you're a super successful day trader that enjoys fast cars.

you make roughly 500/hr.

you can spend 20 hrs doing your own work at a cost of 10k to yourself, or make 10k in the 20 hrs, pay someone else 100/hr, and pocket 8k.

Now this is an extreme example, but my point is that some people see it this way.

Others like myself have limited access to welding/bending equipment, so I usually have my stuff made. Installs I'll always do myself (partially so that if anything goes wrong, I only have myself to blame)

Old 03-16-2008, 03:52 PM
600 for tuning, IMO, is a pretty fair price.

People pay that much for just a simple reflash.... let alone a tune.

Old 03-17-2008, 02:17 AM
Wei
i personally wouldn't pay 15k to get 400 whp, because for that amount, i can easily buy another used car that's already 400 whp, a car that i can track and beat up

but the price is fair for people who values time

- pretty comparable to other kit's out there, i haven't seen the specs, but obviously you can get the parts cheaper by selecting the type of turbo and where to look

- this i find to be on the higher side, because there's probably much cheaper standalones out there, but they've done the work, so this fits, wiring's done, good to go

TUNNING - $600.00
- absolutely normal, tune a standalone and this is pretty much how much it costs

FUEL SYSTEM - $1261.00
- not sure what fuel system this refers to, but i guess you can cheap out and just get a walbro fuel pump

LABOR - $2700.00
- maybe on the high side, but their time is worth money too, they're not working on some janky jdm swap for a car that's 15 years old...

(post not directed to anyone, just my 2 cents...)

Old 03-17-2008, 03:19 AM
Received 80 Likes on 65 Posts
Honda Accord
Originally Posted by Wei
i personally wouldn't pay 15k to get 400 whp, because for that amount, i can easily buy another used car that's already 400 whp, a car that i can track and beat up

but the price is fair for people who values time

- pretty comparable to other kit's out there, i haven't seen the specs, but obviously you can get the parts cheaper by selecting the type of turbo and where to look

- this i find to be on the higher side, because there's probably much cheaper standalones out there, but they've done the work, so this fits, wiring's done, good to go

TUNNING - $600.00
- absolutely normal, tune a standalone and this is pretty much how much it costs

FUEL SYSTEM - $1261.00
- not sure what fuel system this refers to, but i guess you can cheap out and just get a walbro fuel pump

LABOR - $2700.00
- maybe on the high side, but their time is worth money too, they're not working on some janky jdm swap for a car that's 15 years old...

(post not directed to anyone, just my 2 cents...)
Very well put.

Although I agree with you, but again, GTM is a very reputable shop. They have done some amazing G/Z before, too. GTM is also known for charging lots for their products. IMO, 15K is a lot for something like this, but in the end, you get what you pay for.

Oh and I'm sure GTM will back you up if you have any problems with their turbo kit if any. This is my 2 cents.

Old 03-17-2008, 09:11 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
man i was just considering sending some emails out about the TT setup. mainly to greddy, about the HR in the g35.

15k is crazy. I will install my self and most likely have some friends and my self tackle the tuning on the dyno.

but still at 12k its even worse when its only parts.

I would absolutely LOVE this, but since i am not a day trader and only make 30/hr. this is not what i want. where are the damn supercharger kits already!?

Old 03-17-2008, 10:29 AM

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
I can save you some emails ... Greddy (located very close to me) is currently not planning on doing an A/T. Their plans are to do HR and VHR with M/T only. My guess is that their manifold won't clear the larger A/T. But if you have an M/T ... you're in good shape!

Originally Posted by IvoryPearl07G
man i was just considering sending some emails out about the TT setup. mainly to greddy, about the HR in the g35.

15k is crazy. I will install my self and most likely have some friends and my self tackle the tuning on the dyno.

but still at 12k its even worse when its only parts.

I would absolutely LOVE this, but since i am not a day trader and only make 30/hr. this is not what i want. where are the damn supercharger kits already!?

Old 03-17-2008, 06:41 PM
Originally Posted by terrycs
I can save you some emails ... Greddy (located very close to me) is currently not planning on doing an A/T. Their plans are to do HR and VHR with M/T only. My guess is that their manifold won't clear the larger A/T. But if you have an M/T ... you're in good shape!
I have 6mt, but i'm not in that good a shape. Oh, you meant for the tt.

any idea how much we're looking at for the greddy tt install (with and without the intercooler)?

Old 03-17-2008, 07:05 PM

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
Nothing concrete from Greddy yet. But API has also recommended an STS TT kit for me. FYI ... I was told several of the STS kits actually have a CARB number. This does not mean the one for the G will be - but STS has mentioned they will consider it if there is enough interest. It's also gonna be between $10K to $15K though.

Originally Posted by infinitipearl
I have 6mt, but i'm not in that good a shape. Oh, you meant for the tt.

any idea how much we're looking at for the greddy tt install (with and without the intercooler)?

Old 03-31-2008, 08:44 PM
Originally Posted by rookie
Price doesn't seem unreasonable to me.

TUNNING - $600.00
FUEL SYSTEM - $1261.00
LABOR - $2700.00
TOTAL - $14,990.00

Kit seems right on par with other VQ35 kits, you can cut it a little on the Fcon by not keeping the knock amp and widebands in the system but it's good insurance.

Somebody do it.

ahhhhhh damn it. Where am I going to get $15k?

Hey, I'm pretty sure the market for kidneys is not saturated, I want to sell mine too!

yo, btw, whats up rookie? siiiiiiiiick car! my fx-owning friends and I have been admiring your car for months now

edit: terrycs: doit doit doit doit doit doit

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Anyone ready to go TT on their HR?