V36 General Tech Questions Questions and Posts that Do Not fit under the other Tech catagories

07 sedan hi flow cat

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-24-2008, 04:36 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
LT1 = the suck

tangent off

Old 06-24-2008, 06:55 PM
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
UGA, you care too much about words. Just read others' posts with an open mind and understand their points. If you still are not clear what "best" means in my post then let me explain to you. To me, best means most gain but lowest cost. I didn't say vendors' products are worse than customs but I am just saying they are NOT worth buying 2 CATs for $500+. I am a guy that loves to custom anything that is possible to make the most power at a lowest price. I don't want to spend thousands dollars to get the job done and looks like a ripped off fool while I can get everything done right for half price or even less.
If you have a doubt about my technical knowledge, you can see my proofs at www.4g64.com/gallery/phalanx. I had custom turboed my 4g64 car for less than $3,000 and made more power than anybody else who have spent $5,000 to turbo their cars.
One last time, my point of posting replies here is to giving people a thought about vendors' products and custom products. You have to set up your goal first then go out do it. If you want fancy look and big receipt so you can show off with your friends then go with expensive products from vendors. If your goal is get the most gain in performance and spend money wisely then go for custom parts.

Old 06-24-2008, 07:29 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Phalanx
UGA, you care too much about words. Just read others' posts with an open mind and understand their points. If you still are not clear what "best" means in my post then let me explain to you. To me, best means most gain but lowest cost. I didn't say vendors' products are worse than customs but I am just saying they are NOT worth buying 2 CATs for $500+. I am a guy that loves to custom anything that is possible to make the most power at a lowest price. I don't want to spend thousands dollars to get the job done and looks like a ripped off fool while I can get everything done right for half price or even less.
If you have a doubt about my technical knowledge, you can see my proofs at www.4g64.com/gallery/phalanx. I had custom turboed my 4g64 car for less than $3,000 and made more power than anybody else who have spent $5,000 to turbo their cars.
One last time, my point of posting replies here is to giving people a thought about vendors' products and custom products. You have to set up your goal first then go out do it. If you want fancy look and big receipt so you can show off with your friends then go with expensive products from vendors. If your goal is get the most gain in performance and spend money wisely then go for custom parts.

Well, I believe words are the only way we can get our point across...I mean this is a forum. It's not like I'm going to dance for you to get my point across.

I understand what best means to you, and its in the cost-effective department. That's fine, and trust me, if you've been around a bit longer, I think you would know that I have a reputation for that same perspective...so I hear ya on that aspect, but at the same time, I don't think the guys that buy "fancy" exhausts go out with their receipt and brag...maybe some do, but I don't think about it like that.

I want a quality product, where the fit and finish looks like it's supposed to be that way. From seeing some of the pictures of your previous car...no offense, but I don't want that kind of custom work done to my exhaust.

Old 06-24-2008, 07:58 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by ugaexploder
Not to go off on a tangent, but I remember my friend who owned a '95 Z28 with a LT1 350...you can "uncork" so much power from those 350's with simple bolt-ons...it's simply amazing. I wish we could do the same for our cars
My problem is that my experience is with modding a 5.7 v8 (346 ls1), and I remember being disappointed with EVERY bolt on mod I did.

The only two that didn't disappoint as much were my heads/cam package and 9" rear end with 4.11 gears. But those were definitely the expensive ones. But, even with those, someone else would make more power and be faster than I was.

I spent countless hours researching mods online before making any purchase to make sure I got the best product for the money. But, every time I had great expectations (because someone else online made X power with X mod) and was disappointed.

In the end I had a low 12 second car that was a daily driver. And no one ever asked if I had a cam in it (pretty small cam). But, with the same mods, other people were trapping 3 mph faster and running high 11's. Don't get me wrong, I was very happy with the car. I just would've been way better off keeping it stock and saving my cash.

Coming from that, I'm definitely keeping this car stock. If those mods didn't satisfy me with the power gains for the money, I doubt anything I could do on this car would make me happy.

Old 06-24-2008, 08:01 PM
Originally Posted by ugaexploder
Well, I believe words are the only way we can get our point across...I mean this is a forum. It's not like I'm going to dance for you to get my point across.

I understand what best means to you, and its in the cost-effective department. That's fine, and trust me, if you've been around a bit longer, I think you would know that I have a reputation for that same perspective...so I hear ya on that aspect, but at the same time, I don't think the guys that buy "fancy" exhausts go out with their receipt and brag...maybe some do, but I don't think about it like that.

I want a quality product, where the fit and finish looks like it's supposed to be that way. From seeing some of the pictures of your previous car...no offense, but I don't want that kind of custom work done to my exhaust.
If anything, the debate should help some people to make up their own minds about what to buy, and what's more important to them.

Because with exhausts, there is definitely more than one option.

Old 06-24-2008, 11:47 PM
Long Post!! everyone here take it personally!! Pls.try to complete and understand what's this topics..Fella G's

Old 06-25-2008, 10:39 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I installed the Stillen Cat-back exhaust and Berk HFC about two weeks ago - and every time I think I spent that much for an exhaust setup I gag...

But whenever I step on that right pedal, I get a smile on my face - what an amazing sound this engine makes once you uncork it – Just Epic... I'm sure the gains are minimal, even though I do feel a difference in the mid (40-80) pulls harder. All in all, ya only live once, have fun doing it =)

Also - I’ve received compliments from several drivers to include M3, RS4, and a chick in a 911. Some dude in a 350Z followed me just to ask about the set-up…

Old 06-25-2008, 01:34 PM
Originally Posted by MJL916
I installed the Stillen Cat-back exhaust and Berk HFC about two weeks ago - and every time I think I spent that much for an exhaust setup I gag...

But whenever I step on that right pedal, I get a smile on my face - what an amazing sound this engine makes once you uncork it – Just Epic... I'm sure the gains are minimal, even though I do feel a difference in the mid (40-80) pulls harder. All in all, ya only live once, have fun doing it =)

Also - I’ve received compliments from several drivers to include M3, RS4, and a chick in a 911. Some dude in a 350Z followed me just to ask about the set-up…
Hi! May i ask where can i get Berk HFC ? Is this bolt-direct to the stock exhaust. ty!

Old 06-25-2008, 01:34 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
just ordered the stillen. should be in next week. updates will be up soon.

Old 06-25-2008, 01:44 PM
Originally Posted by Lucky_One
i havent not posted my mod yet, but i just recently installed berk's HFC. i havent yet got it dynoed, just waiting till my next day off, which i dont know when that is. my car is bone stock performance wise except for the HFC. but i have to tell u, my car sounds AWESOME! im trying to tweak it a little before i post anything up.
Hi! Can you tell me where to get BERK HFC? I alway want it install with my stock exhaust.Hopefully it's work.thanks!!

Old 06-25-2008, 02:28 PM
Originally Posted by MJL916

Sweet. Glad you're happy with the setup.

If you ever really want to gag though, listen to a 911 with loud exhaust. BARF!

Old 06-25-2008, 03:23 PM
Originally Posted by earth0
Long Post!! everyone here take it personally!! Pls.try to complete and understand what's this topics..Fella G's
I agree with you that I may have taken this topic a little too personal in some aspects...but it's also great seeing people who stick with their opinions.

There's nothing more I despise than people who concede to others' thoughts and have no opinion of their own. It's a great thing when people can give valid points, while at the same time, keep their composure.

During some of these heated posts, there wasn't any name calling or anything immature like that. There might've been some miscommunication, but I think both sides understood each other at the end and also may have gained some perspective...I know I did.

Through silverg2007's arguments, I definitely see his point-of-view and understand where he's coming from. By no means, am I trying to get into random gunfights or change others' opinions. However, I will always try to stand by my opinion and also give credit when it's deserved to others, when they have great perspectives that are outside the box.

Last edited by ugaexploder; 06-25-2008 at 03:28 PM.
Old 06-25-2008, 10:19 PM
Plus, on topic is lame.

Honestly, I learn more (and have more fun) on the forums through debating differences of opinion.

If everyone just repeated the same old crap that everyone else says, who knows if it's right or not?

Old 06-25-2008, 10:43 PM
Great! to hear all fella G.with all idea and experience exchange.Nothing much but Peace.+1

Old 06-26-2008, 09:40 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I purchased the Berk HFC directly from Berk Technologies for (gulp) 525.00
The Stillen Cat-back from Stillen for (uuugghh) 1140.00
Installation at Curry's Automotive (northern va) 300.00 + The OEM cat's were seized in place with lots of rust, bolts had to be torched off...
As I said before - a ridiculous amount to spend on an exhaust.
But when I tally up all the stupid S#@t I buy throughout the year to include my bar tabs... Worth it =)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 07 sedan hi flow cat