It took me all of about 20 minutes. Itís a piece of cake. Sorry I didnít take pics while I was doing it, but here are some after completion pictures.
Its much easier to do than the 2003 to 2006 G35 sedan. You DONT have to take out the rail on the side (which is the first thing he does in the video) or the 2nd panel at the 30 seconds mark in the video. All you have to do it this:
1. Pop out the side piece (see my picture). Just pull it right off.
2. Pop out the bottom piece (just like the step at the 44 seconds mark in the video)
3. Take out the glove box, BEFORE you unscrew the 6 screws in the front (see my pic). Its really easy to remove the glove box, just look at the track that it sits in, bend it a little, and pull it out.
4. But unlike the 2003 to 2006 there is one more screw once you get the glove box out (thatís why you have to take it out first). Its in the middle that holds it in place. You canít miss it or you wont be able to get to the cabin filter.
5. Then follow the video from 3:31 seconds on and your done
I bought mine on Ebay for $20 shipped. Its made by TYC and it came with the instructions for the 2007 and 2008 G35 Sedan in the box. The instructions were about 80% correct, but if you watch the video and read the instruction, there is really no way you should not be able to do this.
If you are in Orange County, CA, and want me to help you, just let me know. Im sure you can return the favor, or get me a nice 6 pack.
Here is the video link
Here is the filter link I bought on Ebay. If the link doesnít work, just type in 110281030347 in the search bar.
8-23-08 update - I added the instructions from the box.