V36 General Tech Questions Questions and Posts that Do Not fit under the other Tech catagories

Serious heistation.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-20-2008, 10:29 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Im telling you its those DAMN HFC from BERKS.

Get Non Foulers from Fi but the noise and hesitation will till be there but no CEL

Old 11-20-2008, 10:33 AM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
I dont think its the cats.There was another kid on here that had the same problem with Berks and it was a O2 in the manifold. I think that may be my issue aswell. The impact gun could damage the filament on the O2. The Berks have anti foulers built in to them. I have not seen one thread about the Berks causing a CEL. The two people that had my cats before my never had an issue with a CEL..

Old 11-20-2008, 12:03 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don no why your Cel light came on. I've no ploblem issue with BERK HFC
at all. Have you try to reset ECU by disconnect the battery.try it.

Old 11-20-2008, 12:12 PM
I trust you I have heard alot on this that Berks have not caused CEL's and no one has had any issues with them. But after the install I had this issue and its been getting a little worse day by day. I'm going to the dealer on Saturday and am kinda happy that the light came on.. I know the foreman will feel what the car is doing but with the light on I feel a little better. PS how do you deal with the nosie these make( Metalic sound)..

Old 11-20-2008, 12:20 PM
Originally Posted by ANMVQ
I trust you I have heard alot on this that Berks have not caused CEL's and no one has had any issues with them. But after the install I had this issue and its been getting a little worse day by day. I'm going to the dealer on Saturday and am kinda happy that the light came on.. I know the foreman will feel what the car is doing but with the light on I feel a little better. PS how do you deal with the nosie these make( Metalic sound)..
What you meant is when Rev up.,right.mine has alittle noise from under the car (middle) It's sound like Heatsheild is shaking when lev up but it's not that.
Actually it's inside behind the heatshield right on the middle of the car..i feel something is shaking.however it's ok for me since it's just happend when ReV only.not when you driving.

so you plan taking your G to the dealer? with HFC installed.don't you afraid
voiding your warranty?

Old 11-20-2008, 12:44 PM
No my noise is all the time. Driving or just reving it up there is a metalic sound coming from the cats. I just hope is not a leak I have not had a chace to look under the car since the install. I will try this weekend. An no I'm not worried about the HFC's voiding the warrenty. Just as long as its not the O2 sensor in the HFC. They cant void the warrenty unless that part casue the issue and they will only not cover that claim not the whole car. I had a modded EVO that I would take to the dealer with no issues, and there a a bunch of members here that go to the dealer with there mods heck some dealers sell and install the mods..

Old 11-21-2008, 07:13 AM
Hmm! I wonder what is that noise.Can post up sound clip or veideo clip?

Old 11-21-2008, 07:42 AM
Received 80 Likes on 65 Posts
Honda Accord
This happens to be everytime I reset my ECU. After driving the way I usually do (lmao) for a few hundred miles, this would go away... but the throttle will become very touchy, which is exactly the way I like it. hahaha

Old 11-21-2008, 09:49 AM
Originally Posted by earth0
Hmm! I wonder what is that noise.Can post up sound clip or veideo clip?
I will try if this weekend if the dealer doesnt keep the car for the CEL.. But it sounds like a exhaust leak which is possiable now that I found out that the shop that installed them did not use a gasket just sealer between the cats and the manifolds. But I just ordered a set from Berks yesterday and should be her next week..

Old 11-21-2008, 09:52 AM
Originally Posted by B L U E S L A T E
This happens to be everytime I reset my ECU. After driving the way I usually do (lmao) for a few hundred miles, this would go away... but the throttle will become very touchy, which is exactly the way I like it. hahaha

Really the hesitation of the sputtering. The sputtering feels like a bad O2 which is why I'm glad the CEL came on.. We will see tomorrow at the dealer what the light is. There were also times when I could smell coolant and or what smelled like tranny fluid after drive the car and having it hesitate or sputter.. I will keep everone updated. Also thanx for the call Joey.

Old 11-21-2008, 05:56 PM
Mine too always Great! I have disconnect the battery many many time.No issue at all.I alway floor it.Funnnnnnn!!!! Love the JWT.

Old 11-22-2008, 11:56 PM
ok guys update the dealer kept my car and gave me a loaner but they have not called me to tell me what exactly it is. The tech that went for the ride with me felt the car heisitate and buck (3 times total) he thinks it is the valve body but I have not been told that yet. So we will see. They will call my next week..

Old 11-24-2008, 03:37 PM
Dealer just called and said left rear O2 sensor is no good, The wire was crimped. Great for one thats the O2 in the HFC so I have to pay to fix it.. THe guys who installed the HFC's are paying me back $330.. Will have her back Wednesday night..

Old 11-24-2008, 04:15 PM
So all of you that thought O2 sensor are right.. But why did it take two weeks for the CEL to come on..???

Old 11-24-2008, 04:25 PM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Connection may have slowly been going bad?

The CEL is rather sensitive, so the voltage through the crimp may be fluctuating, but it finally fluctuated enough to set off the CEL.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Serious heistation.