V36 General Tech Questions Questions and Posts that Do Not fit under the other Tech catagories

Serious heistation.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-25-2008, 08:55 AM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
I agree Mike but if the car was acting up from day one why would it not have thrown it then. Evidently the sensor was not reading correctly right away..

Old 11-27-2008, 08:36 AM
OK picked the car up last night from the dealer. PAID my 343 for the O2 sensor( Cause they said the wire was crimped from the install). And guess what no CEL but the car still does it still hesitates and even merging on the highway last night I floored it and the car went no were !!. I had the pedal almost to the floor and the RPMS did not move, the car did not accelerate one bit. I now debating on takeing out the HFC's. The car still stumbles and jerks while I'm driving and push the pedal( More than 50%) to accelerate. The lower the gears are really bad. 1,2 the car shutters and bucks 3-5 its just a quick pop and then go I can accually see the RPM needle jumping around we this is happening. I will call the dealer tommorw and see what they want to do if they are going to look at it for free( Which they should) and give me back a loaner they I will take it to them and say don't call me till it's fixed. Man nice Thanksginving for me UH?? Happy Thanksgiving Everone.. Mike

Old 11-27-2008, 09:30 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ANMVQ
OK picked the car up last night from the dealer. PAID my 343 for the O2 sensor( Cause they said the wire was crimped from the install). And guess what no CEL but the car still does it still hesitates and even merging on the highway last night I floored it and the car went no were !!. I had the pedal almost to the floor and the RPMS did not move, the car did not accelerate one bit. I now debating on takeing out the HFC's. The car still stumbles and jerks while I'm driving and push the pedal( More than 50%) to accelerate. The lower the gears are really bad. 1,2 the car shutters and bucks 3-5 its just a quick pop and then go I can accually see the RPM needle jumping around we this is happening. I will call the dealer tommorw and see what they want to do if they are going to look at it for free( Which they should) and give me back a loaner they I will take it to them and say don't call me till it's fixed. Man nice Thanksginving for me UH?? Happy Thanksgiving Everone.. Mike
I'm sorry to hear that mann! As i said it's not your HFC.the issue was something wrong w/yur VQ.If you said that happended from the firstday then you need to get back to the dealer.
mine Berk HFC was never got CEL ploblem. It's running so strong and faster with JWT.I strongly suggest take it back to check again.

Old 11-27-2008, 09:37 AM
Hey Thanx man I will definitly call them tommorow. I have a feeling they will take it back( I hope)..

Old 11-28-2008, 10:21 AM
Called the dealer this morning and told them the issue with the car. So WOW they are going to send my a loaner VIA flat bed tow truck and pick me car up at my home so I do not have to drive it as there is a drivability issue. I think for them to offer to do that is just fantastic. I have issues with my car YES but the customer service is super A+++..

Old 12-02-2008, 04:54 PM
Bump Dealer no say they can't get the car to do it. I does it evey day all day long. So I authorized them top have the shop foreman take it home. I know they can't go for a 2 hr road test heck they usually only drive around the block( I was a service writer and manager for 8 years I know all there tricks). I never used them but I know techs tried to.. LOL

Old 12-02-2008, 05:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Did you guys ever remove those rear things from the mufflers?

Did it help the sound?

Old 12-02-2008, 07:03 PM
Received 184 Likes on 159 Posts
^ "rear things"?

anyways ANMVQ goodluck hope they figure it out soon...

Old 12-02-2008, 10:02 PM
GL!! to you mann.Hope they soon find out.

Old 12-02-2008, 10:31 PM
I removed the weights if those are the rear things you're talking about lol. no more rattle, Goodluck dude with finding out whats wrong. You got me worried dont know if i should get HFCs anymore.

Old 12-02-2008, 10:53 PM
Received 184 Likes on 159 Posts
wait so was it the HFC's or is it still to be determined??

FYI: also on the brink of deciding to get these or not...

Old 12-02-2008, 11:10 PM
I have stock exhaust with FI HFC's and non foulers.

Journey Model w/5at.

I would STAY AWAY from just HFC's it has thrown off my idle and I am going to COBB to be retuned asap.

Old 12-03-2008, 12:17 AM
Originally Posted by agiraldo182
I have stock exhaust with FI HFC's and non foulers.

Journey Model w/5at.

I would STAY AWAY from just HFC's it has thrown off my idle and I am going to COBB to be retuned asap.
Besides throwing off your idle is the car hesitating after the FI HFC installation?

Old 12-03-2008, 11:31 AM
Ok guys the dealer is not saying its the HFC's either but they have no idea cause of course there is no CEL on. The car under 40 mph shutters back and forth. If I'm driving (moving) at 30mph or so and step on it to just accel a little or to pass someone the car shutters and stumbles, and jerks then picks up and goes. It realy feels like the tranny has no clue what its doing. The scariest thing was when my wife went to merge on the the highway and stepped on it all the and the car went no were, RPM's did not go past 3k and the car was not accellerating. She almost got into an accident, The same thing happened to me the very next day RPM's stayed at 3k till a feathered the pedal, I accually had to get off and on it three or more time to get it to move. I think the tranny had gone it to limp mode for some reason. I thought limp would throw a CEL no? The car is dangerous to drive if you have the car when ever it feels like it ot just stop at 3k RPM's.

Old 12-03-2008, 12:15 PM
I hope they fix it, too dangerous to drive around. I think you should get a loaner and just let them deal with it. Can you lemon the car?

On another note i'm still totally confused over if I should get hfcs got a good deal but don't want amy problems LOL.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Serious heistation.