V36 General Tech Questions Questions and Posts that Do Not fit under the other Tech catagories

Any opinions on some good wiper blades?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-06-2009, 10:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any opinions on some good wiper blades?

OEM blades are pretty much shot after a couple months and I'm looking to try something different and hopefully better. A couple older threads here talked about some of the Bosch and Valeo blades. Anyone have a particular one that worked well for them, specifically in winter weather? Thanks.

Old 01-06-2009, 10:26 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Valeo FTW

I bought Valeo's for my STi previously from Tire Rack. I have gone through a bunch of brands wipers here in CNY winters. Triple edges worked good, but once I tried the Valeo's I wouldnt go back they worked great all year long. Thier spring steel design is great. Since then I put 'em on my Murano, and will be sure to get them fro the G when they expire. I have seen Tire Rack have two for one sales in the past for these and if you can get them then the are very competitive to others, if not they may be a bit more then stuff from a local auto store

Old 01-06-2009, 10:47 PM
Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
i got piaa's on my windshield

awesome wipers, get the silicon style tho, every time you wipe it beads the water so it rolls off at high speeds

i live in canada and got my from lordco, they were on sale, got both 24 inch and 17 inch for a total of 55 dollars canadian

they also look OEM

Old 01-06-2009, 10:53 PM
Received 85 Likes on 74 Posts
I love the stock inserts.
I replace them only once a year and they last a super long time, even with the rough New England winters.
The secret to longevity is keeping them clean. Most people don't clean their blades.
Dirt and crap settles in there and one wipe on the dry glass and they're done for.

Old 01-07-2009, 12:03 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Consumer Reports did a study of wiper blades, including the new style without a metal frame. I don't have the magazine here, but I remember they included Bosch and Michelin and 8-12 more. Their conclusion was that nearly every blade works great for 6 months, and just a couple were good for 12 months (naturally, I don't remember which). What I took away from that was to pick up inserts when at the dealer, or just buy Michelin or whatever at WalMart.

Old 01-07-2009, 12:06 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
what were the new ones advertised recently that were supposed to have no "pressure points" anymore. I wish I could remember because I've been wanting to try them out.

Old 01-07-2009, 12:12 AM
anyone tried any of these before?

http://www.amsoil.com/StoreFront/trico.aspx

Old 01-07-2009, 12:17 AM
Received 161 Likes on 122 Posts
Originally Posted by lekker_droom
anyone tried any of these before?

http://www.amsoil.com/StoreFront/trico.aspx
The exact fits look like your standard parts store fare, but the neoforms look interesting. I may try out a set unless I stumble across some Valeo's for a good deal.

Old 01-07-2009, 12:58 AM
Originally Posted by kregg
I bought Valeo's for my STi previously from Tire Rack. I have gone through a bunch of brands wipers here in CNY winters. Triple edges worked good, but once I tried the Valeo's I wouldnt go back they worked great all year long. Thier spring steel design is great. Since then I put 'em on my Murano, and will be sure to get them fro the G when they expire. I have seen Tire Rack have two for one sales in the past for these and if you can get them then the are very competitive to others, if not they may be a bit more then stuff from a local auto store
Using them on my dads matrix. They haven't failed us yet. They have started to streak yet, but thats in under 40degree temperature.

Old 01-07-2009, 02:19 AM
Here is the CR review. Doesn't seem that there is a magic bullet when it comes to wipers. They all pretty much clean good for half a year then give up the ghost. The RainX lasts longer but doesn't do as well when new.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
CR Wiper Review.pdf (58.1 KB, 894 views)
Old 01-07-2009, 03:01 AM
Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
neoforms and reflex blades are HORRIBLE!

i have went to lordco about 4 times just trying to find a good blade

i tried neoform and it was too weak to wipe of the water at the ends, then i tried reflex and the same thing happened, then i tried armoral and it work OK but it wasn't as good as OEM, then i wanted to try exact fit but they didn't have my size, then i saw the piaa's on sale(i didnt even know piaa's sold wiper blades) they look just like oem's and rally cars uses piaa wiper blades, they had 2, silicon and graphite, i went with silicon because it beads the water(as said in my previous post) also piaa's came with a silver package in each blade containing alcohol wipes, so that was a bonus, i still have one package out of the two, so when my blades start to dirty up, i can use that and wipe it down and the window down, they do streak a little right now, because im at below 0 degrees celcius (vancouver) but it goes away within a second, i haven't tried Valeo's before cause i can't seem to find them here, but i have herd a lot of good things about those blades, not sure about pricing tho

Old 01-07-2009, 03:08 AM
Originally Posted by AesonVirus
I love the stock inserts.
I replace them only once a year and they last a super long time, even with the rough New England winters.
The secret to longevity is keeping them clean. Most people don't clean their blades.
Dirt and crap settles in there and one wipe on the dry glass and they're done for.

Had it on my 07 for almost 2 years with no issue. If I have to replace mine it will be the stock one.

Old 01-07-2009, 06:08 AM
Received 85 Likes on 74 Posts
The wipers on the wife's MDX have always sucked. I recently picked up a set of the new Michelin blades for it and so far, they've been great.

For the G, I'm sticking with stock

Old 01-07-2009, 06:52 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by lekker_droom
what were the new ones advertised recently that were supposed to have no "pressure points" anymore. I wish I could remember because I've been wanting to try them out.
These are the Valeo's its the spring steel backing that creates the equal pressure across the blade (no higher pressure points). You can see the details here:

http://www.tirerack.com/accessories/brands/valeo.jsp

Looks like they are having the buy one get one free deal now, which seems to be the norm, on certain model lines. I tried pulling up the ones for our G's there but didnt seem like they had a price for them, either they dont have them, or they dont know size or other problem with the site. If anyone is still interested I would say call them, they always have friendly service.

Old 01-07-2009, 06:54 PM
Received 161 Likes on 122 Posts
Originally Posted by biggz786786
neoforms and reflex blades are HORRIBLE!

i have went to lordco about 4 times just trying to find a good blade

i tried neoform and it was too weak to wipe of the water at the ends, then i tried reflex and the same thing happened, then i tried armoral and it work OK but it wasn't as good as OEM, then i wanted to try exact fit but they didn't have my size, then i saw the piaa's on sale(i didnt even know piaa's sold wiper blades) they look just like oem's and rally cars uses piaa wiper blades, they had 2, silicon and graphite, i went with silicon because it beads the water(as said in my previous post) also piaa's came with a silver package in each blade containing alcohol wipes, so that was a bonus, i still have one package out of the two, so when my blades start to dirty up, i can use that and wipe it down and the window down, they do streak a little right now, because im at below 0 degrees celcius (vancouver) but it goes away within a second, i haven't tried Valeo's before cause i can't seem to find them here, but i have herd a lot of good things about those blades, not sure about pricing tho
Thanks, very helpful post.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Any opinions on some good wiper blades?